U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 12:32 AM

4 posts, read 4,124 times

Advertisements

I found until now 4 scorpions on my apartment. went to the office and told them but felt they don't care. They said Pets Control Company will come after 5 days. Canít sleep and cry all the time. Donít know to whom I should complain. Everybody said it will not kill u. but Iím allergic to ant and why to stay and wait a scorpion sting. no place to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 01:07 AM

6,999 posts, read 10,237,008 times
Do you live on the first floor? I used to live in an apartment where the gap under the door was so wide, all kinds of weird bugs would crawl through easily. Also, look for holes around your apartment. You can buy weather stripping or a threshold/sweep from Walmart or a home improvement store. This probably won't come fast enough for you, but you can order Demon WP, Talstar, or CyKick online. I've had experience with the first two and they work well. I don't have too much confidence in the exterminators apartment complexes hire. They use watered down stuff and only spray in a few spots. There was even one who would lie about coming to my apartment to spray. He didn't know I was home when he claimed to have come by and had the deadbolt locked, hence, him not being able to come in with a master key.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:23 AM

4 posts, read 4,124 times
ya i live on the first floor, thank u so much for the advice. do you know if i can break the lease if they didn't respond? i can't live with fear another 4 months. couldn't sleep or think.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:16 AM

3,669 posts, read 5,898,364 times
Both of these state that spraying alone will not solve a scorpion problem.

Discover Entomology at Texas A&M University - Extension Publications

http://cals.arizona.edu/pubs/insects/az1223.pdf

Reading your post on another thread you might want to know that another poster here once lived near Leon Creek and had scorpion issues too.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:58 AM

6,999 posts, read 10,237,008 times
I don't know what's in your lease contract, so I can't give you advice there.

The Texas A&M website says that scorpions are "difficult" to control with insecticides alone. The Arizona site says they are almost impossible to control with insecticides alone. Of course, you have get rid of the hiding spots and seal off holes like I suggested above. If they are hiding deep inside your apartment, the only way to get rid of them is to fumigate your apartment.

I wrote a long response to someone just a couple of weeks ago on here. I'll try to find my post.

Found it.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/24238163-post13.html

Last edited by L210; 05-28-2012 at 03:15 AM..

Old 05-28-2012, 05:28 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,339,010 times
Write a letter stating the date, time you spoke to them, the fact that you have a KNOWN allergic reaction to insect bite/stings, and that they refused to get someone in to take care of this health related need for 5 days. Indicate that you are ready to take legal action should you suffer a sting in the time it takes them to get this issue resolved, and that they are willing to take responsibility for that risk.

I bet you money they won't sign it and that you have an exterminator there today.

Hope this helps...it is sad that people are forced to worry about such stuff when you certainly could not tell them you would have the rent ready for them 5 days after it was do....

Old 05-28-2012, 12:13 PM

135 posts, read 505,227 times
Ask your landlord to move you to 2nd story or higher

Old 05-28-2012, 12:20 PM

1,365 posts, read 3,968,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Both of these state that spraying alone will not solve a scorpion problem.

Discover Entomology at Texas A&M University - Extension Publications

http://cals.arizona.edu/pubs/insects/az1223.pdf

Reading your post on another thread you might want to know that another poster here once lived near Leon Creek and had scorpion issues too.
ME, ME!!! Were you talking about me??? Our first house backed up to Leon Creek... We lived there for 11years... and yes, we had a bad scorpion problem... It was nothing to find 1 or 2 scorpions in our home everyother day, especially during the summer months...

To OP... Can you possibly get a cat? I know it sounds silly, but 1 of our 2 cats was a big hunter and she used to kill those scorpions in no time flat...

Old 05-28-2012, 03:22 PM

359 posts, read 709,468 times
By the way, I just bought Demon WP on Saturday at the Tractor Supply Company store in Boerne. That is the only place around here that I have been able to find it. I called the Castroville store, which is much closer to me, and the lady had never heard of Demon WP. Same with the Floresville store. I also dusted the perimeter of my house with Diatomaceous Earth (DE) which is good to control scorpions. DE can also be hard to find, and the best place to buy it is at a pool supply store.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:46 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,234,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowBar View Post
By the way, I just bought Demon WP on Saturday at the Tractor Supply Company store in Boerne. That is the only place around here that I have been able to find it. I called the Castroville store, which is much closer to me, and the lady had never heard of Demon WP. Same with the Floresville store. I also dusted the perimeter of my house with Diatomaceous Earth (DE) which is good to control scorpions. DE can also be hard to find, and the best place to buy it is at a pool supply store.
^^^^^^^^^ I completely second Demon WP! The Tractor Supply store in Boerne always has it available.

I do this in between sprayings with Terminex. Last year we seem to have an influx of scorpions then Mr. X started spraying and we have been getting the odd ones that seem to be dying or already dead.

Cat helps alot but unfortunately our cat now prefers birds instead of scorpions.

My strong suggestion is to do what others say, if you have an allergy to them then get it in writing and get them to sign off on it or notorized it. Also be aware of spraying (meaning if your apt managers are spraying apts at different times). My neighbor spray her house on a different month than us. When we spray she gets our scorpions and when she sprays they come on over to us. Uggh. So we now spray the perimeter of our houses at the same time every month and then do the inside with Terminex on the same day quarterly. This seems to have made them run elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio