U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 02:15 PM

5,634 posts, read 13,940,366 times

Advertisements

In the 78250 area, there are 3 homes for sale on my friend's street. 2 towards the end of the street have been for sale forever, while one in the middle of the street just went up for sale a few months ago--don't buy the two at the end of the street. Buy the one at the middle of the street--great house and the owners took care of it.

I'll check and see if I can swing by and take a quicker look.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 03:01 PM

330 posts, read 1,234,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
In the 78250 area, there are 3 homes for sale on my friend's street. 2 towards the end of the street have been for sale forever, while one in the middle of the street just went up for sale a few months ago--don't buy the two at the end of the street. Buy the one at the middle of the street--great house and the owners took care of it.

I'll check and see if I can swing by and take a quicker look.

Good luck!
I hope mine's not one of the two... mine's been on the market since January and has an amazing 5 showings. Kind of a shame, since it's a really nice home for the price but nobody looks at it.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:37 PM

37 posts, read 117,909 times
Thanks Kinda feeling my emotions lighten up a bit here...

The more expensive street I am looking at in particular is Fawn Crossing Dr. if that's any help. The other street is Linbrooke.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:12 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,135,787 times
We bought in 78250 last year. About the only real problem is TEZEL ROAD!! Our house is about 30 years old, but we really love it--we have a huge lot and we are in a cul-de-sac. My son's school is a half mile from the house, so on the mornings I can't take him he can easily walk it in about 10 minutes--along with tons of other kids! Our HOA has a pool and a clubhouse, and lots of activities--which one of these days we may have time for. We have some tagging on the stop signs, but I would venture to say they are tagging somewhere in or near 78248 also. NISD is a good school district, and so is NEISD, so you can't really go wrong with either.

If I were you, with a young and growing family, I would go for the less expensive house. You can always upgrade later--it's more fun to upgrade than to HAVE to downgrade because it's too much of a stretch.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:51 AM

Well, made the call last night and the bid went in.

Just wanted to say THANKS! again to all the folks who gave their input. Hoping that one day I will be informed enough to be as helpful as ya'll have been to someone else in my position

Old 09-25-2007, 11:00 AM

90 posts, read 268,462 times
Wewt! Grats Russ!

Hopefully I'm able to find something that I can put a bid on while I'm out there on the 19th and 20th of October. After doing a lot more research, I'm seriously starting to look at homes in the 78258 and 78259 zipcodes - roughly equivalent commute times to the current and future locations and the schools are excellent, from what I've seen (if anyone has opinions on the schools, toss 'em in my 'Yet another...' thread please )

-
Jerry

Old 09-25-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Shawna View Post
Well, made the call last night and the bid went in.

Just wanted to say THANKS! again to all the folks who gave their input. Hoping that one day I will be informed enough to be as helpful as ya'll have been to someone else in my position
OK, I missed it and have a headache--so scrolling back through the thread is not an option--which one did you bid on? And congrats in advance!!

Old 09-26-2007, 12:33 AM

Jerryg - Thanks and good luck, I'm sure you'll find something. LOTS of places available and even as a buyer I can say its a buyer's market right now. I spent 4 days there and that still wasnt enough. I had to travel without my wife so what I did was connect my camera and my wireless card to my laptop and, on the nicer places, went into a video conference with my wife and showed her the house. If you have someone you want to show the places to who isnt going to be there that really worked well. My fallback plan, since I forgot my vidcam was recording with my phone (yes I am a geek ). Both methods worked better than I thought and really helped with looking back to remember what it was I saw.. I think we looked at 19 places, without counting 6 castoffs where I took two steps and said uhn uhn, so the vids saved my butt and really helped us with the final decision.

Sapphire, Oh, my age is showing.. I'll just blame my forgetfulness on all the excitement of buying the home and my lovely pregnant wife with the kicking baby belly

I saw your question while I was working on my other system and started a reply and, so I thought, posted it. When I saw your name as last poster again I thought you replied.. and here you are with a headache and I keep you in suspense.. shame on me.. I went with 78250. I'm hoping the inspection returns without any major surprises and that we can get things accomplished quickly. Now that the decision has been made I can't wait to move, settle in, start all the little projects in my mind I'll never get to and to enjoy the SA people, culture and food OH and our pool!! I will miss the beach and the beautiful view as I used to drive to and from work at a little army base called Fort Monroe. I cant put it into words but driving to and from work was amazing... maybe one day I'll put together a little memoriam post to try and share some of what I cant put into words....

(where's the "Post long winded reply" button? anybody?)

Old 09-26-2007, 05:32 AM

LOL, thanks! There is a website now totally dedicated to excuses, so I will search my sources and try and get that to you. After all, Shawna is not going to be pregnant much longer, so you lose that one. The newborn will work for a while, but since you have 3 other kids, that one won't stick long either! The senior one always works, but it's really not much fun, especially when you stop and realize, hey, I am a senior.

Congratulations, we'll be semi-neighbors if your bid goes through!

Old 09-26-2007, 07:15 AM

545 posts, read 2,086,026 times
It's definitely a buyer's market right now...we got lucky and sold our first house in 78250 just as the market was starting to go soft a year ago. There are a bunch of houses in our area (still 78250) that have been on the market for months. Last summer, if your house was on the market for more than a month it was an 'old maid.' It seems like this area just tanked really quickly. The great houses still go fast, but the ones that may need a little work seem to sit and sit and sit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio