Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2007, 06:04 PM

4 posts, read 10,538 times

Advertisements

I just moved into SA down close to SeaWorld. I have noticed that none of the parks have shade covers for the playground equipment. Are there ANY covered playgrounds in SA to bring the kiddos. It sure is hot. And the slides are even hotter!
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 09:53 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,552,138 times
The playground at Stone Oak Elementary School has a cover, thanks to volunteers who spearheaded a fundraising campaign last year.

I don't know of any public parks that have them, although some are shady due to tree cover.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:59 AM

260 posts, read 1,135,695 times
McDonalds. You don't have to buy anything to play there... it's a lifesaver on rainy days too.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:40 PM

732 posts, read 3,552,479 times
There is an outdoor play area at The Shops at La Cantera that is mostly covered (by a canopy, I think.) I've been there several times as an outing with my toddler. We shop for a while with the stroller, darting in and out of the airconditioned stores and then end up at the play area for her to work off some energy. It fulfills my need for some grownup time and interaction, as well as her need for playing outdoors.

We just moved to SA in May and live close to Seaworld, too. Welcome to the neighborhood! If you need any other kid-friendly advice or suggestions, feel free to contact me and I'll help out in any way I can.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:16 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,016,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsndip View Post
McDonalds. You don't have to buy anything to play there... it's a lifesaver on rainy days too.
I never let my youngest set foot in any of those play places. Before I knew better my oldest got to play in them, but OMG they are nasty! And I'm really not a picky person--I mean persnickety--about things like that. When we lived in Dallas, they found used needles in one, and feces on the balls in another, and that was enough to get me thinking. All those runny noses and poopy pants and kids with head lice and the list goes on and on--and no, thanks! I did not want to expose my kids to that!

Old 09-24-2007, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorigreen View Post
There is an outdoor play area at The Shops at La Cantera that is mostly covered (by a canopy, I think.) I've been there several times as an outing with my toddler. We shop for a while with the stroller, darting in and out of the airconditioned stores and then end up at the play area for her to work off some energy. It fulfills my need for some grownup time and interaction, as well as her need for playing outdoors.

We just moved to SA in May and live close to Seaworld, too. Welcome to the neighborhood! If you need any other kid-friendly advice or suggestions, feel free to contact me and I'll help out in any way I can.
There is a stay-at-home mom's group in the Sea World area, if you are interested. You can find them on Yahoo! groups. They seem pretty active--I am on their e-mail list and they are always on the go.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:43 PM

734 posts, read 3,014,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I never let my youngest set foot in any of those play places. Before I knew better my oldest got to play in them, but OMG they are nasty! And I'm really not a picky person--I mean persnickety--about things like that. When we lived in Dallas, they found used needles in one, and feces on the balls in another, and that was enough to get me thinking. All those runny noses and poopy pants and kids with head lice and the list goes on and on--and no, thanks! I did not want to expose my kids to that!
No one does the ball pits anymore. Not that I've seen anyway.

It's called immunity boosting! It's good for your kids to be exposed to it. Although there are a few I don't go to anymore: Chick Fil A at 281 and 1604, Chachos on Perrin Beital and Burger King on Nacogdoches/1604.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_Mom View Post
No one does the ball pits anymore. Not that I've seen anyway.

It's called immunity boosting! It's good for your kids to be exposed to it. Although there are a few I don't go to anymore: Chick Fil A at 281 and 1604, Chachos on Perrin Beital and Burger King on Nacogdoches/1604.
Um, no thanks! Exposing my kids to other kids' feces is not an option. They get into enough trouble on their own!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: