Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 07:38 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times

Advertisements

rd2007 -Thanks for the comment. I have p...... our HOA Staff off too many times.

If I can continue to gripe. I just returned home and noticed that the Water Restriction signs were gone. Does anyone know why?. I sent our BOD an email requesting the signs and they were put up shortly afterward. I hope the HOA Staff doesn't think we don't have to watch our watering due to the recent rains.

If any of you live in The Hollow I will admit something to you. It was I that made BFI /ALLIED Waste and as far as I know Waste Management pull out. I was so d........ tired of the leaking trucks and their high and mighty attitude. The battle went on for 9 years. I knew more about Municipal Waste Collection than they thought. Instead of repairing their trucks they decided to leave. (The Hollow)
I assure you I tried to work with them and even sought help from the HOA. No one cared. It was Bexar County Environmental Services who hammered down on them. It was on a Thursday that they were out and took pictures of the trucks leaking waste and later that morning BFI decided to cancel all accounts.
I too agree that if we had ONE Collection Company our rates would drop. I also suggested that to the HOA.
*We find that the 96 gallon container from Tiger is manageable and we park two cars in the garage. We started using Tiger soon after the began serving the area. We have never had any complaints about the odor. We recently started recycling with Tiger and that made my Wife happy since she would take everything to her sister's who lives in the City.
If my calling their bluff has caused you any problems, I'm sorry. As usual I was looking out for the entire subdivision.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:48 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
If my calling their bluff has caused you any problems, I'm sorry. As usual I was looking out for the entire subdivision.
No, no...no problems. We have a multitude of garbage companies still around us. I just don't understand why they don't sort the turf amongst themselves. Seems like logical business sense to me. If the enviro folks shut them down, why wouldn't they shut them down everywhere until the violations were repaired?

Old 05-28-2009, 08:48 PM

wc2005- All I can tell you is that I am the one that complained about the problem in The Hollow. This is where Bexar County Enviromental Service acted. The garbage companies that left were always kept in the loop (cc on all emails) as to my actions including Bexar County's visit.
This is how I see it. In order to satisfy me they stopped service in The Hollow. That way they would not have to hear my b............ There is no doubt that they had been and continue to cause the same problem throughout the rest of Westcreek.
I urge all other residents to complain as I did. I refuse to live in a neighborhood (The Hollow) where homes range from 150k to over 200k and have it end up looking like areas such as Sky Harbor and Five Palms.
I assure you that Bexar County Environmental Services will assist anyone who contacts them.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:27 PM

797 posts, read 2,992,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Wonder why the garbage companies who work WC (and other areas) don't do some turf spliting. There are at least four garbage companies in WC. Instead of running up and down every street to work every 3 or 4 houses, why not agree to split some of the neighborhood(s) and then drive fewer streets to pick up at all the houses? That would save lots of fuel (maybe they could stop charging us fuel surcharges), save time, and increase profitability.
I was planning on posting something about this later next week, but I might as well do it now. I recently switched garbage companies and wanted to give the new company a fair amount of a trial period before I formed an opinion. Here's what I think.... Waste management is a HUGE waste of money! We used them for 3 years, dealt with the late pick-ups, dumped cans and overcharging for way too long. Slowly I watched almost all of my neighbors switch to either BFI or Tiger. The only reason I hadn't switched yet was because I wanted someone to offer recycling.

Sometime in April I found a door hanger from MD Systems, professing lower rates and offering recycling services. I waited until May 1st to call them up and order and was pleasantly surprised to find out that they cost 1/3 of what I was paying Waste Management and they provided me with a 96gallon trash can and a 64gallon recycle can. They collect recyclables on Wednesdays and trash on Fridays. It was only after I switched did I learn that Tiger had added recycling to their pick-up although I am not sure they will pick up glass like MD Systems does.

The bottom line is if you want to save lots of money and are serious about recycling go with MD Systems (or Tiger). BTW... MD Systems does not have a fuel surcharge.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:37 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplacelikeWA View Post
I was planning on posting something about this later next week, but I might as well do it now. I recently switched garbage companies and wanted to give the new company a fair amount of a trial period before I formed an opinion. Here's what I think.... Waste management is a HUGE waste of money! We used them for 3 years, dealt with the late pick-ups, dumped cans and overcharging for way too long. Slowly I watched almost all of my neighbors switch to either BFI or Tiger. The only reason I hadn't switched yet was because I wanted someone to offer recycling.

Sometime in April I found a door hanger from MD Systems, professing lower rates and offering recycling services. I waited until May 1st to call them up and order and was pleasantly surprised to find out that they cost 1/3 of what I was paying Waste Management and they provided me with a 96gallon trash can and a 64gallon recycle can. They collect recyclables on Wednesdays and trash on Fridays. It was only after I switched did I learn that Tiger had added recycling to their pick-up although I am not sure they will pick up glass like MD Systems does.

The bottom line is if you want to save lots of money and are serious about recycling go with MD Systems (or Tiger). BTW... MD Systems does not have a fuel surcharge.
Tiger does indeed pick up glass with the recycling. Also, the recycle items go out the same day the trash (picked up by 2 different trucks, of course)...making it simpler than MD. I'm pretty sure that there is no fuel surcharge in effect now with Tiger. Don't worry, if the price of oil goes up high enough, you'll see a fuel surcharge with both MD and Tiger.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:35 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Tiger does indeed pick up glass with the recycling. Also, the recycle items go out the same day the trash (picked up by 2 different trucks, of course)...making it simpler than MD. I'm pretty sure that there is no fuel surcharge in effect now with Tiger. Don't worry, if the price of oil goes up high enough, you'll see a fuel surcharge with both MD and Tiger.
My neighbor was the one responsible for bringing Tiger to our area. It took him almost a year to convince them that there was enough business out this way to make it worth their while. Now everywhere you look there are Tiger cans. In the beginning they didn't charge a fuel surcharge but it didn't take long. My last bill shows $4.08. Not bad for the great service they provide.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,409 times
omg i live in westcreek the estates i only have to deal with **** being egged but other than that nothing else comes to mind. but that is intense omg and i thought westcreek was nice

Old 05-29-2009, 01:09 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker_baby23 View Post
omg i live in westcreek the estates i only have to deal with **** being egged but other than that nothing else comes to mind. but that is intense omg and i thought westcreek was nice
Huh?

Old 05-29-2009, 02:11 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
I think a kid got ahold of mommy's computer. I was going to report it, but you can't report (or fix) stupid

Old 05-29-2009, 07:16 PM

Tiger has had "specials" which gives one free month when you sign on. I think the free month was after the first billing cycle. Be sure and ask for this if you switch. We have found them to be the most affordable and the cleanest. The others along with dripping household waste,etc. often leave trash strewn in front of homes.

As stated earlier Tiger does recycling,(paper, glass, metal cans) I'm glad they don't give you another 96 gallon container for this. The bin is just the right size to set in a pantry. You'll have to rinse the containers out to prevent any odors.

Again I wish that we had one garbage service. As it stands now ther is a pickup almost every weekday. We would also get better rates. People I meet throught the city and county are amazed that we have 3-4-5 garbage companies out here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio