Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 11:29 AM

35 posts, read 92,458 times

Advertisements

If it is not working, isn't there a means to disband the HOA?

Old 07-11-2009, 12:38 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippo9923 View Post
Naa....think it is kinda like voting the wrong person into office...you just have to suffer thru it and pray for the best.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:18 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,160 times
So, our HOA dues went up and now one of the most expensive projects that was being discussed (fence replacement) has been axed...does that mean our dues are going back down?

I don't like paying dues for a handful of people to be able to play soccer or take water aerobics and such either. Those types of things should be entirely self sustaining and not supported in any way by HOA dues. It is understandable to pay to maintain the pool, cut the grass, maintain the community center (which should not have a mortgage on it), clean up...

Property taxes are almost non-existent since the HOA is a non-profit organization. There is way too much money going to pay for full-time employees.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippo9923 View Post
Yes but next to impossible. It would take a vote by 90% (think thats the right number in the CC&R) to change something like that.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:20 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,841,325 times
I know this question can be answered Monday by calling the Office.

Does anyone know if the pools can be rented?. I would assume it would have to be on a day that the pools are closed. We are considering renting the pavilion and the older pool for a baseball team get together.

Thanks

Old 07-11-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
The money saved will be spent on the Attorney Fee's
I wonder where the attorney stands...he is the attorney for over 300 HOAs in the greater San Antonio area.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:24 PM

I want to apologize if I offended anyone during the posts between CH1960 and myself. I would hope that our differences could be put aside.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:42 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Quote:
I want to apologize if I offended anyone during the posts between CH1960 and myself. I would hope that our differences could be put aside.
I don't think you offended anyone...I think we are all passionate about where we live and the way we would like it to be maintained to the standards we expect. Heated discussions are bound to transpire when we discuss those things which are so important to us.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:02 PM

Thank you Paka - I tried to Rep. you but it wouldn't allow me too. You post some great information.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:23 AM

86 posts, read 174,926 times
Quote:
CH1960 -Don't sit there and tell me to get a life. I've got a pretty damn good one. To appease you I will end my converstions about the BOD and HOA and the **** poor decisions they have made. I know how the system works with the Bylaws, CCR's, Lawyer's decision and their input and approval, etc. By the way I don't know everything as you have stated. Most of this crap is just plain Common Sense and I assure you if you don't already know our interests as Homeowners are not always looked at. I'm certain you don't agree since you appear to be part of the system.

Please do me a BIG FAVOR. Don't bring the Military into this (I also served but bringing it up is not necessary and to be practical it has no bearing here ) You stated those in the Military are accustomed to following rules and regulations. I agree with that 100%. So are Civilians. But that in no way means that it continues to be part of their everyday life. I live next door the a USAF Captain who has let his house and yard go to pot. So I assume that he is on the ball when it comes to the rules and regulations.? He could care less about this community since he'll be packed up and out of here soon. I can show you several more of the same here in Westcreek. I can also show you Civilians that are in the same boat.

You can think what you want of me but get this much straight. I will continue to live here while you too may someday pack up and leave. This is true of many other Family's here. So you sit there and tell me who has more of an interest in this community.

Don't think I have lack respect for those in the Military. I respect those that have served, those that are serving, and those that wil serve. My Father was a Captain (0-6) in the USCG, My Grandfather was a Commander in the USN. So I know a lot more than you give me credit for.

Forget about the fence situation as we both have different opinions which I can live with.

There is no need to get into a pissing contest.

I was an active duty military soldier for many years; my husband is a retired military soldier. This is our permanent home after 24 years of spending the majority of it overseas and moving all over the place. Some places we have lived, I woudn't leave my dog to live...... Westcreek is our last and final stop. We have been here seven years and is not our first "HOA" subdivision. Because it is my permanent home; I am compassionate and active in it's future. I have no desire to get into a so'called "pissing contest" with anyone. I have worked in numerous career fields, to include legal, construction, builders and architecture. I am a naturalized citizen that gave to a country that was not my own. I am far from a product of any system. I am a person that likes to make a difference . I am a starter and finisher; not a follower. I feel there are a lot bigger and longer term issues of importance that need to be addressed within this community. More people need to get involved; there are so many diversities within Westcreek that can come together and do great things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio