Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 07:20 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times

Advertisements

firstclassflyer -Where did you live in Southern CA? I was born and raised in Bakersfield.

Speaking of BCSD do you see them in The Estates very often?. In the past 10 years I have seen them out here (The Hollow) three or four times. Once was several years ago when the folks across the street backed into my SAWS vehicle. What a mess that turned into.

Last edited by wellguy; 07-21-2009 at 08:04 PM..

Old 07-21-2009, 07:22 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
firstclassflyer -Where did you live in Southern CA. I was born and raised in Bakersfield.
North County San Diego..I have rentals there and have lived in Cardiff and La Costa myself. I know..no where near Bakersfield.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:12 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times
California is beautiful down that way. When I was a teenager my Dad almost took a job down in Fallbrook and if I recall they grew a lot of avacado's down that way. Way back then we could buy them 12 for $1 and that was in Bakersfield.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:27 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
man, you are crazy for not living in those SD houses instead of here. I spent most of the 90's in San Diego and it is one of my most favorite places on Earth. Definitely a billion times better than here for sure. The only way it could get any better would be if I could actually afford to live there and it snowed in the city area.

I agree with quite a bit of that budget, especially the phone part. I honestly cannot figure out how they spend over $500/month on phones. Anyone have a small business and business class phone service? I know it can't possibly be that high. It's things like that that make me wonder if someone is skimming off the top and don't mention anything about nice people. Everyone thought Bernie Madoff was a real swell old guy and look at what he did..
let me slash and burn the budget and reinvest some of it in full-time armed security, surveillance cameras, and a couple of guys from Boston to take care of the little hood rat infestation here.. and a stone fence. No more of this garbage wood crap.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
firstclassflyer -Where did you live in Southern CA? I was born and raised in Bakersfield.

Speaking of BCSD do you see them in The Estates very often?. In the past 10 years I have seen them out here (The Hollow) three or four times. Once was several years ago when the folks across the street backed into my SAWS vehicle. What a mess that turned into.
To answer the second part of your question, we have a BCSD officer that lives on our street (closer to my end of the street than RD 2007's) and brings the patrol car (or motorcycle) home. Other than that, I don't see them very often at all.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
man, you are crazy for not living in those SD houses instead of here. I spent most of the 90's in San Diego and it is one of my most favorite places on Earth. Definitely a billion times better than here for sure. The only way it could get any better would be if I could actually afford to live there and it snowed in the city area.

I agree with quite a bit of that budget, especially the phone part. I honestly cannot figure out how they spend over $500/month on phones. Anyone have a small business and business class phone service? I know it can't possibly be that high. It's things like that that make me wonder if someone is skimming off the top and don't mention anything about nice people. Everyone thought Bernie Madoff was a real swell old guy and look at what he did..
let me slash and burn the budget and reinvest some of it in full-time armed security, surveillance cameras, and a couple of guys from Boston to take care of the little hood rat infestation here.. and a stone fence. No more of this garbage wood crap.
RD- I did this for my wife. I used to drive her down to TJ and she would fly to visit her mom and dad. If you are married to a Mexican woman, then you've experienced how tight Mexican families are. My wife was just naturalized last month, so she's fairly new here.
Now, she can take the bus from N. Alamo St anytime she wishes. We've had a few emergencies (including a death) where she needed to go quickly and the convenience is priceless.
Anyway, we'll stick it out for a lil while longer, then back to SD.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
To answer the second part of your question, we have a BCSD officer that lives on our street (closer to my end of the street than RD 2007's) and brings the patrol car (or motorcycle) home. Other than that, I don't see them very often at all.
I wonder if that is the motorcycle cop I would see every morning when I was coming home from a mid. I used to go up Grossenbacher and he would be coming down just a little before 6:30 AM. I actually see BCSD cars pretty often on this street and there was a subdued black one yesterday in the early afternoon. That car didn't stick out like a sore thumb..

Old 07-22-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I wonder if that is the motorcycle cop I would see every morning when I was coming home from a mid. I used to go up Grossenbacher and he would be coming down just a little before 6:30 AM. I actually see BCSD cars pretty often on this street and there was a subdued black one yesterday in the early afternoon. That car didn't stick out like a sore thumb..
Could be, RD. He frequently has the bike outside and also the patrol car. The car is black (Crown Vic) and the police decals are very nondescript..no lights on top either. FWIW- I think the guy is a prick...and I've told him that some time ago.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:15 PM

Must've been that same car I saw yesterday.

and there's a whole thread on that other topic.. I'm in agreement with your opinion far more often than I should be.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Must've been that same car I saw yesterday.

and there's a whole thread on that other topic.. I'm in agreement with your opinion far more often than I should be.
...and now I'm sure you see the price that gas seems to be settling at?
My timing was a little off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio