U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-22-2009, 08:08 PM

15 posts, read 14,666 times
I attended the meeting last night and it was clear that this Board lacks any credibility. Their reluctance to give straight up answers gave me the impression that something was amist. It seemed that they blame the Homeowners for the problems in the community.

Don't expect them to put any warnings on the website about the recent rash of breakins and vandalism, it would just damage the reputation of westcreek .... at the expense of those who live here. I just pray that no homeowner get hurt when one of these creeps break into their home and it all could be prevented if at least they were warned of the danger. Be careful folks. Warn your family and neigbors that they are breaking into homes during daylight hours.

In the meantime, I will continue to keep my property in good repair and a watchful eye for my neighborhood.

Last edited by USAF; 09-22-2009 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: replace "out" with "eye"

Unread 09-22-2009, 08:16 PM

15 posts, read 14,666 times
Oh before I forget, the incident with the elderly woman could have all been resolved if only she was offered an apology. I really believed her story. I think the Board should at least offer her the apology for the way she felt she was treated and move on. This way they can move on to other important issues.

It amount to just simple "Customer Service" and is the part of being human to say "I'm sorry"!

Last edited by USAF; 09-22-2009 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: insert "on to"

Unread 09-22-2009, 08:32 PM

3,823 posts, read 9,174,948 times
I think the whole thing boils down to what definition of "WHY" that the BOD uses and what everyone asking questions uses.

Homeowners: Using WHY as an adverb (Why are you doing these things?)

BOD: Using WHY as an interjection (Why do you ask?)

Unread 09-22-2009, 08:39 PM

88 posts, read 90,856 times
I believed her story also. I applaud her for taking time to make us aware of this issue. There is no reason to be so disrespectful to someone. She was simply asking for a manual. And while on that subject...why must the employee make a call to the lawyer to make sure she can have it? It all sounds suspicious and shady at best.

Verbal attacks and intimidation should not be tolerated. The woman who spoke to her so rudely must be reminded that she works for us...we pay her salary...and we won't accept anything less than great customer service. I'm appalled that she is still employed. I'm appalled that the BOD had the nerve to put in writing that her complaints were unfounded and no apology was offered.

The BOD's lack of expression and unwillingness to address homeowner concerns leaves me with very little confidence that they truly want what is in the best interest of the homeowners and community. It also appears they may have their own personal agendas.

Unread 09-22-2009, 08:53 PM

33 posts, read 30,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF View Post
Oh before I forget, the incident with the elderly woman could have all been resolved if only she was offered an apology. I really believed her story. I think the Board should at least offer her the apology for the way she felt she was treated and move on. This way they can move on to other important issues.

It amount to just simple "Customer Service" and is the part of being human to say "I'm sorry"!
Thank-you so very much for your observation of my dear friends. Why would 2 women lie? I have been walking with, taking water aerobics and muscle toning for the last 2 years. They are both the most wonderful women I have met since moving here. They are jewels in our lives and their families lives.

Unread 09-22-2009, 09:01 PM

1,641 posts, read 1,908,135 times
Good Evening All,

Although we have 6000 plus residents I feel we had a great showing. That was probably the most folks that any VOWC BOD has had at a monthly meeting. If we all keep the same upbeat attitude that we have we can streghten the number of attendee's.

I hope I didn't sound off kilter last night. I never intended upon speaking but I'm sure glad I did. I know I didn't have all my facts straight about the break ins. I did send Mr. Sever's a recent email about Security but it appears that the BOD and HOA Staff had already been considering the same. I'm certain that many of you have brought this to their attention long before me. This is one thing they need to find the money for.

I was also pleased about the Garbage Disposal Day that we will soon have. It's too bad that I won't have anything to put into the dumpster(s) unless I trim some treees. We did pay Tiger the $35 to pickup the basketball goal.

I was impressed with Ken and I feel he will do his best. One thing I want to help him do is locate the water meters and I'll suggest that if they are not being used we need to cancel the account. Those idle meters (no flow) cost $$$ every month. One 2" water meter costs a little over $60 per month.

I hope I don't upset anyone but I didn't care for the one loud lady (I think you all know) Did I hear her correctly when she said only Homeowners of VOWC should be able to use our ammenities? Was she implying that if I rent the Community Center I can't invite anyone who lives outside the VOWC?

Unread 09-22-2009, 09:04 PM

I do agree that Mrs. Jensen owed the two Ladies that she was so rude to an apology as soon as it was brought up. That would have gained her a little respect.

There are many things in life that baffle me and here is one. I often see the Standards Person who walks The Hollow without a clipborad, tablet, etc. I guess he is using his job as a form of exercise. This (He) is why I see the same violations over and over and over.

Last edited by wellguy; 09-22-2009 at 09:33 PM..

Unread 09-22-2009, 09:21 PM

33 posts, read 30,042 times
Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you so very much. We appreciate all of you hearing what was said, and how a simple I'm sorry early on would have put to rest such stress on these 2 women and those who love them.

Unread 09-22-2009, 10:09 PM

13,803 posts, read 17,133,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal39 View Post
I was at the meeting last night. Here are some issues of concern:

1. Crime. What are we going to do about it? 7 homes in 2 days all broken in during broad daylight by breaking through a locked front door. Our neighborhood is clearly under attack. We need to nip this now before someone is seriously injured. Also, once it escalates it will cause permanent damage to our community in terms of reputation, thereby decreasing our property values. Hiring a security company should be priority number 1.

2. Phone Bill. I was stunned to hear about the $7,000 phone bill incurred by the HOA. I'd like more information on that. How many phones is this for? Are they land lines...mobile phones...perhaps a combination? Who has possession of these phones? Are all the calls business related? Can I see them?

3. The fences. It looks to me that the HOA has the responsibility of maintaining those fences along the major roadways according to the Bylaws. My home is not situated along those roadways but this issue affects me as well. If we allow the BOD to disregard the Bylaws now it will set a precedence on future issues. If they want to make a change, they need to change the Bylaws and get the 75% concurrence. Rules are rules! Also, if homeowners are responsible for the upkeep it means that fences will be put up at different times and because the fences will be in various stages of aging, the fence line will not look uniformed at all...not to mention variances in the stains used.

4. Homes. I need confirmation on how the three homes were purchased by the HOA. The BOD did not directly state how those these properties were acquired. Show me the paperwork and I will be satisfied. Also, under what authority do they have to purchase homes? This is an HOA not a Real Estate Investment Company. Why did we buy them? Who lives in them? Where are the rent payments going? Additionally, if everything is on the up and up...why was this such a secret? Why weren't the plans to purchase these homes announced on the website and/or newsletter? Were the intent of the purchases discussed in a board meeting?

There are too many things that just don't feel right. I'm spreading the word about the Town Hall meeting next week to all of my neighbors and letting them know about the issues on the table. I hope everyone is doing the same.
1. I'm down with you on the need for a security force of some sort. It will protect us and increase values. Let the riff raff go somewhere else that is an easier target. Speaking of targets, hopefully they hit the wrong house soon and are sent a message via a note on their toe..
2. I brought up that phone bill issue several months ago and can't for the life of me figure out how this is happening. Does anyone working for the HOA have a relative in a foreign country? I can think of one person who would probably fit that description...
3. I won't even get started on the fences.. we need to spend money and get something nice and not made out of brick. It will pay for itself in resale value.
4. I think some trouble shooters need to be contacted, but it would help to have all the facts in order. When I contacted them, I had all the details in my e-mail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF View Post
I attended the meeting last night and it was clear that this Board lacks any credibility. Their reluctance to give straight up answers gave me the impression that something was amist. It seemed that they blame the Homeowners for the problems in the community.

Don't expect them to put any warnings on the website about the recent rash of breakins and vandalism, it would just damage the reputation of westcreek .... at the expense of those who live here. I just pray that no homeowner get hurt when one of these creeps break into their home and it all could be prevented if at least they were warned of the danger. Be careful folks. Warn your family and neigbors that they are breaking into homes during daylight hours.

In the meantime, I will continue to keep my property in good repair and a watchful eye for my neighborhood.
I thought you meant this board when I first read that.. glad I read it wrong I totally agree with you too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
I think the whole thing boils down to what definition of "WHY" that the BOD uses and what everyone asking questions uses.

Homeowners: Using WHY as an adverb (Why are you doing these things?)

BOD: Using WHY as an interjection (Why do you ask?)
I agree with you yet again. When I went to the office to talk about that newsletter rant on pit bulls I got the exact same response. It's like a big episode of Clueless up in there.

multi-quote FTW

Unread 09-22-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I only question because an earlier poster said the low attendance was due to a non announcement..curious as to how many attend when the meeting is announced.
No, I wasn't there and probably never will be. Then again, I'm not complaining about issues either. IMO, I would have to assume that most are happy with the neighborhhod or simply don't care, based on attendance.
Of course, folks have things to do, doctors appts etc...but there would be better attendance if folks were really unhappy. They would find a way to attend, IMO.
It is indeed sad, that we have an adversarial board...has it always been like this?
I see your point but I can't totally agree that most residents are happy. I will admit for many years I felt as if my concerns /complaints were falling upon deaf ears. My dear Wife would always tell me I was fighting a loosing battle. I think people don't attend for the same reason. As silly as this may sound maybe some of the reason is the time that the meetings start. Moving the start time to 6:30 may see an increased attendance.

Like you all I want a BOD and Office Staff made up as people who care about their job and the responsibilities that come with it. Foremost I want people who care about and respect every resident in Westcreek. I want people who sincerely care about the VOWC not only today but into the future since the decisions that are made today will affect the future of Westcreek. I want honesty. If you're wrong then admit it, learn from it, and get on with it. Don't sit there and attempt to B.S. us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio