Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2009, 10:57 AM

160 posts, read 233,949 times

Advertisements

Looks as though "Wellguy" has been called out on the carpet. It'll be interesting to read what he has to say.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:42 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
If dog rabbit is what my grandpa would always say and I agree with him

Old 10-31-2009, 01:12 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
What difference would it had been to allow homeowners to give their 3 minutes to one speaker who would have spoken about the specific issues for the group? Tell me one good reason, just one. Would this not have added a civil tone to the meeting? If you were a Board Member, what would you do differently Wellguy?
I think you missed wellguy's point...and I agree with his comments. The common ground is that people want to change how things are operating. To accomplish that, there must be civility. To get change, take the high ground, be persistent but don't turn a formal meeting into a shouting match. Know the rules so that you'll know what the board can and can't control.

Ref the 3 minutes, I don't think those are minutes to be shared. The point of the limit is to keep the meeting on track and to prevent prolonged rants. If you need more than three minutes, you are probably bringing up too many issues at a time. Focus on a couple of targets to resolve and work from there.

Calling out wellguy, or anyone else like this will not help your cause. I've thought of looking into legal assistance with this HOA in the past as well so I'm certainly in favor of making some changes but I'm not in favor of people trying to do it through being loud and rude. You'll lose a lot of support from residents if you speak in a divisive manner. Think before you speak!

Old 10-31-2009, 01:41 PM

41 posts, read 58,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
I think you missed wellguy's point...and I agree with his comments. The common ground is that people want to change how things are operating. To accomplish that, there must be civility. To get change, take the high ground, be persistent but don't turn a formal meeting into a shouting match. Know the rules so that you'll know what the board can and can't control.

Ref the 3 minutes, I don't think those are minutes to be shared. The point of the limit is to keep the meeting on track and to prevent prolonged rants. If you need more than three minutes, you are probably bringing up too many issues at a time. Focus on a couple of targets to resolve and work from there.

Calling out wellguy, or anyone else like this will not help your cause. I've thought of looking into legal assistance with this HOA in the past as well so I'm certainly in favor of making some changes but I'm not in favor of people trying to do it through being loud and rude. You'll lose a lot of support from residents if you speak in a divisive manner. Think before you speak!
Well said WC2005. The high ground is where it is at. I do have some empathy for the frustration that everyone feels. No matter how you rant and rave, there is no movement. If you are pleasant and respectful, there is little movement. I am very disappointed in this Board, but it appears that there is no recourse but to wait it out and make the changes at the next Annual meeting.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:20 PM

56 posts, read 75,203 times
I'm with you and Wellguy on having civility at the meeting.

My issue is that there is a lack of leadership on this Board. As I recall and I could be wrong but one of the objectives of the board is to "provide the democratic leadership needed to bring divergent opinions to a consensus". Can anyone honestly say this is what is now happening within our community? From what I have observered is that "divergent opinions" are not welcomed at the BOD meetings. On this point alone the current BOD has failed.

Look, Westcreek is a wonderful community to live in and I am so grateful that there are those who live here that are trying to make it even better. But to accomplish that all sides need to open their minds and hearts to views that may be different from theirs. This is what will make our community strong, this is what makes our country strong. My thumbs up for the Homeowners for a Change group! They at least have the courage to take the heat for the silent majority.

If a new board is elected in April, I hope and pray that they will be able to provide the leadership necessary to be a build that bridge of consensus among all members of Westcreek. There has to be at least one brave soul on the current board who will speak up for the homeowners.

My question to Wellguy and anyone who does not approve of the current board is, "If you were on the Board of Directors, what would you do different". This is intended to flush out what makes you different from the current board. If there are no differences, then come election time I will know how to cast my vote.

P.S. I do respect the views of everyone who posts on this site even if I don't agree with them.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:03 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
A reminder from the TOS to all who post in this thread. Nothing posted here recently has crossed this line, and the mod team would like to keep it that way.

Quote:
Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:33 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
I'm with you and Wellguy on having civility at the meeting.

My issue is that there is a lack of leadership on this Board. As I recall and I could be wrong but one of the objectives of the board is to "provide the democratic leadership needed to bring divergent opinions to a consensus". Can anyone honestly say this is what is now happening within our community? From what I have observered is that "divergent opinions" are not welcomed at the BOD meetings. On this point alone the current BOD has failed.

Look, Westcreek is a wonderful community to live in and I am so grateful that there are those who live here that are trying to make it even better. But to accomplish that all sides need to open their minds and hearts to views that may be different from theirs. This is what will make our community strong, this is what makes our country strong. My thumbs up for the Homeowners for a Change group! They at least have the courage to take the heat for the silent majority.

If a new board is elected in April, I hope and pray that they will be able to provide the leadership necessary to be a build that bridge of consensus among all members of Westcreek. There has to be at least one brave soul on the current board who will speak up for the homeowners.

My question to Wellguy and anyone who does not approve of the current board is, "If you were on the Board of Directors, what would you do different". This is intended to flush out what makes you different from the current board. If there are no differences, then come election time I will know how to cast my vote.

P.S. I do respect the views of everyone who posts on this site even if I don't agree with them.
I certainally hope I have not given you the impression that my intentions are to run for the BOD. I have already said in past posts that when I retire in 10 years or less I'm going to run for County Commissioner against Sergio. It's either that or ride my Honda Goldwing that I will buy for myself as a retirement gift. The Sergio comment was sarcastic. With that said there is no need to "Flush Out" what makes me different from the current BOD. As I previously said you can read my past posts and you will see where I stand. "Calling Someone Out" will only lead to unhealthy conversation and the potential for hard feelings towards one another. I have had several valid posts removed after expressing my thoughts to another poster (their's were removed also) who was Deathly Offended by my "three minute" comment. I won't waste my / our time to have that happen again.

My want's for this Community are no different than yours as I have already stated. Hopefully you can see that.

When it does come time to vote we need to look past the Bio's and concentrate on what the individual(s) priorities are. Like you said there needs to be folks on the BOD that are there for the betterment of the Community which includes to Homeowner's.

Last edited by wellguy; 10-31-2009 at 05:31 PM..

Old 10-31-2009, 10:43 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,949 times
Change of subject - Westcreek was hopping today, tons of trick or treaters! Great to see all the families and kids enjoying the holiday. It was also great to see so many homes out enjoying the night and taking part in the festivities!

Old 10-31-2009, 10:45 PM

160 posts, read 233,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Change of subject - Westcreek was hopping today, tons of trick or treaters! Great to see all the families and kids enjoying the holiday. It was also great to see so many homes out enjoying the night and taking part in the festivities!
I agree....it started late though. I figured the kiddos would be out in the afternoon, but it was around 6 PM when they started to arrive. Took my son out for a while as well.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:11 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Thanks for changing the subject.

Last night was a lot of fun with about 65 kids visiting our house. The first one, a lillte Ninja showed up at 6:15pm and he already had a bunch of candy in his pumpkin.

The only bad thing about last night is that we still have a bunch of candy left. Anyone for seconds tonight? If so I'll leave the decorations out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio