U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 07:49 PM

1,668 posts, read 3,351,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG PORK TOM View Post
Why, do you like to speed? Why the hurry?
I myself don't ever intend upon speeding, I'm 49 and have been driving since I was 16 - Never a speeding ticket. A couple of warings though . I intend to contiue making State Farm and our checkbook happy. We all know that with the thought of the drive to work, what the day will bring, if there's enough coffee for the drive, etc . sometimes makes us overlook our speed.

I can't afford a speeding ticket since my job requires me to drive, and that ticket on my time or SAWS time could revoke my ability to drive a SAWS Vehicle. In some positions if you can't drive due to tickets you may as well sign over your job as you sign the ticket.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:42 PM

13 posts, read 8,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I myself don't ever intend upon speeding, I'm 49 and have been driving since I was 16 - Never a speeding ticket. A couple of warings though . I intend to contiue making State Farm and our checkbook happy. We all know that with the thought of the drive to work, what the day will bring, if there's enough coffee for the drive, etc . sometimes makes us overlook our speed.

I can't afford a speeding ticket since my job requires me to drive, and that ticket on my time or SAWS time could revoke my ability to drive a SAWS Vehicle. In some positions if you can't drive due to tickets you may as well sign over your job as you sign the ticket.
Then why a radar detector? Same for me...driving since 17. No tix and no need for radar detector. State farm too.
I don't drink coffee though.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Then why a radar detector? Same for me...driving since 17. No tix and no need for radar detector. State farm too.
I don't drink coffee though.
I've used Radar Detectors for years and they can serve many purposes including making one aware of their driving habits. They have been proven to make you more alert on long trips and make you aware of road conditions. Radar Detectors are able to give you prior warning of an accident and emergency vehicle notification.

If I were to say I travel exactly 25,35,70 mph, I'd be lying. I sincerely feel that most of us at times get caught up in the rat race of traffic and our speed gets away from us. I'm not implying that we become NASCAR Drivers when this occurs. I don't condone speeding but I know we all do it at one time or another.

Many times speeders although minor are just plain lucky that they were not ticketed.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:29 PM

Has anyone ever used Handy Services for Home Repairs? They sometimes advertise in our Newsletter and I think the Owner resides in Westcreek. www.handyservices-satx.com

I have a couple of repairs to be made and am looking for someone local.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:35 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,288,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
A quote from Tiger's webpage:

"Restrictions: No batteries, hazardous materials, tires. There is no sharing of trash pick up; this may result to the termination of the account."
thanks. no being nice to the neighbor then
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot Owl View Post
We had a neighbor stealing our service a few years ago. Busted him in the act. Dumbass never did it again.
I hope it's not the neighbor, although he did not have his can out and left just as I was walking out and left pretty quick..
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
No, its 35 which is appropriate.
a number rarely seen there. It's usually more like 25-30 because people can't drive. Although they will easily hit 50 on the internal streets where you actually should drive very slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
Is it at all possible that a person was walking their dog and picked up trash (or poop) on the street and just used your can as a convenience after doing a good deed of picking up litter? I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the idea that someone would "steal trash service". On the other hand, I see it at least several times a week where someone will pull up to one of those big green dumpster behind HEB and toss a truck load of trash in there - so who knows?

Time to do a stake out!
that would be a dinosaur dog. Two full bags, like 29 gallons each..
Quote:
I don't know about that. He said the can went from half full..to completely full. These Tiger cans are 90 gallons each. That's must've been one big dog!
I wouldn't mess with him if it was

Old 11-03-2009, 06:53 AM

4,263 posts, read 9,690,333 times
RD- You have an idea who the "service thief" is? That's nuts!!

Old 11-03-2009, 08:21 AM

It could just be a coincidence and I will give it time to see if I am correct. The fool could've at least used similar garbage bags and some products that I actually had. The two I remember were a 12-pack of A&W (not diet) and some strange brand of sausage biscuits I've never even seen before (probably from wally world).
BTW, those radar signs are nice, but they drive my radar detector crazy. They also almost hid the BCSD parked by the new pool yesterday evening. He was pulsing, though, so I knew there was more than one out there. and radar detectors are 100% legal here as long as you're not on base, so you don't need to justify owning one. Personal preference trumps other people's opinions every time.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:27 AM

4,263 posts, read 9,690,333 times
I'm going to start checking my trash cans now!!

Old 11-03-2009, 08:49 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,135,787 times
Maybe you'll have to padlock the cans!

I'll start checking mine for foreign trash now. I would sure hate to have someone dump evidence of a crime in my can and have it traced back to my house. My probation officer would get a little pissed at me.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:57 AM

if it happens again, there will definitely be a note in there next time. I am also going to check that neighbor to see if he puts his trash out anymore. He's one of the only ones that hasn't switched to Tiger and I can't blame him for not wanting to pay the obscene costs WM was up to before I dropped them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio