Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2009, 11:19 AM

66 posts, read 83,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal39 View Post
It appears that our area tagger lives in Wynwood, according to a post on another thread. I agree with you that we can not stand guard of our possessions 24/7. Roaming security would not only help with protecting our homes and vehicles, but some of the other crimes going affecting the common areas as well. It's costing us lots of money to clean up tagging in the Sports Park, on the mailboxes, on the signage and even the sidewalks.

Yes...I do plan on calling the office on Monday morning. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to share. I'm a little nervous about taking pictures of other folks homes. But if you want to drive by...the home is on Rambling Rose in the Vistas it's the second to the last street before the exit to Potranco. If traveling from Texas Mulberry towards the Talley it's on your left hand side...sorry I don't have the specific address.
How do you make a statement like that? Where does the information on Wynwood come from? Where is the other thread found?

Old 11-08-2009, 11:25 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,823,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WC2006 View Post
"It appears that the Roaming Security Proposition has been tabled. So it is more thean likely not going to happen.I found that there were those that were against it stating that it is our own responsibility to insure our possessions are safe. " Wellguy

Where did you hear the tabling of this from? Last I heard they were getting quotes from 3 companies. If history is any guage, it takes longer than a couple of weeks to get a bid/quote. Interesting. . .
When did you hear about the 3 Quotes?

That statement was an assumption on my part. Security was brought up by several folks including myself at the Town Hall Meeting in August. I haven't heard anything of it since that time and I'm not including the postings on this thread. I have asked at the HOA Office and it appears that the subject is mute. Unless it's a big secret

Bids can be obtained either quickly or slowly. It's all about priorities. I know this is a big area to cover and the logistics have to be planned. But this is no Kelly USA or Lackland AFB. I have dealt with the BOD /HOA on several issues over the years where bids needed to be obtained and their actions were extremely slow if at all.

How can a large utility like the one that I work out with hundereds of facilities get bids within a couple of months? You send it out for bids with all the specifications, you have a pre bid meeting, you give Companies a couple of weeks to get the bids back to you, there is a bid opening, and the bid is awarded. We also go before a BOD before bid packages can go out. BOD Meetings are held every month just like here at the VOWC.

If something is happening at the HOA /BOD level about Security there are many of us that would like to know the progression. I'm sure someone will chime in.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:32 AM

88 posts, read 168,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Joe The Dog Faced Boy View Post
How do you make a statement like that? Where does the information on Wynwood come from? Where is the other thread found?
Look on the thread "What's the best neighborhood to trick or treat at", page 5 posted by svg210.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
It appears that our area tagger lives in Wynwood, according to a post on another thread. I agree with you that we can not stand guard of our possessions 24/7. Roaming security would not only help with protecting our homes and vehicles, but some of the other crimes going affecting the common areas as well. It's costing us lots of money to clean up tagging in the Sports Park, on the mailboxes, on the signage and even the sidewalks.

Yes...I do plan on calling the office on Monday morning. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to share. I'm a little nervous about taking pictures of other folks homes. But if you want to drive by...the home is on Rambling Rose in the Vistas it's the second to the last street before the exit to Potranco. If traveling from Texas Mulberry towards the Talley it's on your left hand side...sorry I don't have the specific address.
I don't want you to do anything that would make you feel uneasy. At least you are being proactive.

Last edited by wellguy; 11-08-2009 at 11:56 AM..

Old 11-08-2009, 12:36 PM

Default Thank you

Quote:
Look on the thread "What's the best neighborhood to trick or treat at", page 5 posted by svg210.
Thank you for the information. If you go back to that page you will see what I said to this information.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:

Please be careful. Never take pictures and post on any thread. The old saying comes to mind.
{Be Careful what you wish for}

Old 11-08-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:

Very Well Stated. Yes it affects all of us in some way, mainly in the wallet /purse. I sincerely hope that there is something done and that the BOD will look into this if they arent already.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:02 PM

872 posts, read 1,847,673 times
Roaming security can't hurt but I still question the cost/benefit of such. Do you really think someone is going to tag something while they see headlights heading towards them? No, they'll wait until the approaching car is gone and then go about their business of tagging. WC is just to big for much benefit to come out of one or two security guards roaming around. Again, I don't think security in itself would be a negative but I also don't think the benefit would be enough to justify the cost.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:35 PM

88 posts, read 168,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Roaming security can't hurt but I still question the cost/benefit of such. Do you really think someone is going to tag something while they see headlights heading towards them? No, they'll wait until the approaching car is gone and then go about their business of tagging. WC is just to big for much benefit to come out of one or two security guards roaming around. Again, I don't think security in itself would be a negative but I also don't think the benefit would be enough to justify the cost.
No one knows the cost/benefit until we try it. I know we/HOA are spending a lot of money cleaning up after these morons. I know I've spent a lot of money replacing a door to my home and replacing items stolen out of my car. I'd rather invest in a security guard to protect our neighborhood than do nothing and have these issues continue. What is your solution?

By the way...I would imagine that if a security guard saw suspicious individuals roaming the streets late at night, they would certainly ask questions and proceed with calling BCSO if the situation warrants. That's more than we have right now.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:45 PM

186 posts, read 343,847 times
Quote:
No one knows the cost/benefit until we try it. I know we/HOA are spending a lot of money cleaning up after these morons. I know I've spent a lot of money replacing a door to my home and replacing items stolen out of my car. I'd rather invest in a security guard to protect our neighborhood than do nothing and have these issues continue. What is your solution?

By the way...I would imagine that if a security guard saw suspicious individuals roaming the streets late at night, they would certainly ask questions and proceed with calling BCSO if the situation warrants. That's more than we have right now.
Here we go again...another misstatement by the uninformed. WC currently has an active Cellular On Patrol team operating under the auspices of BCSO. If you'll read the VWOA web site there's a point of contact where you can obtain additional information if you feel inclined to participate. This team is comprised of "volunteers" right here in WC. Thats right! Some of your neighbors have taken it upon themselves to take the training given by BCSO after submitting to a criminal background check and whatever else they checkout...and they actively patrol WC. Isn't that amazing! In fact...Saturday night between 1130 - 0430hrs they identified, documented and reported 6 occupied suspicious vehicles to BCSO, advised one juvenile <18y/o that they were in violation of the Bexar County curfew ordinance, contacted BCSO and NISD of an occupied suspicious vehicle at Galm Elementary, and COP's interest in 3 additional vehicles resulted in them leaving WC in a very big hurry when they were spotlighted by the COP unit. Usually vehicles that run from a spotlight don't want their license plates recorded and probably don't belong in WC. Oh!... I almost forgot the call initiated to BCSO about the residence who's fire alarm was going off at 0130. At the request of BCSO dispatch COP stood by the residence to render assistance upon arrival of the responding unit. Fortunately no one was home and it appeared to be a false alarm.

Now you can consider yourself accurately informed. These neighbors aren't police officers and don't make arrests and do not "confront" individuals as a police officer would.They observe and report like they are trained to do by BCSO. The volunteer services provided by these individuals doesn't cost the residents of WC one penny and doesn't fall in the realm of the BOD/HOA. They are eyes & ears and an extension of the BCSO right here in WC...and some goofs out there want to spend our $$ that would amount to a great deal of money for a security contract?
Based on info received by one of our team members.... from an SAPD officer that lives in the vicinity of the Vistas... has reason to believe that our taggers do reside somewhere around there. Acccording to the officer they were going to pick up their children at the school and noticed grafitti that hadn't been there on their way back home. It was between 2:30 and 3pm. He believes its middle schoolers.

Last edited by Cerberus01; 11-09-2009 at 12:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio