U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 11-11-2009, 08:50 PM
 
66 posts, read 51,212 times
Reputation: 29

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
simma down now.....

I have to admit, it has been a bad day!
Holidays coming starting with today. Son-in-law
on the list to leave again. For all of you veterans
THANK-YOU! for giving of yourselves to protect
our country. God bless your families for waiting
in the wings praying you make it home.

 
Old 11-11-2009, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Western Bexar County
3,823 posts, read 9,988,148 times
Reputation: 1786
I saw the small flags along the median of Military Drive West. I commend whoever placed these flags there for all to view on Veteran's Day.

And to ALL Veterans:
Attached Thumbnails
Villages of Westcreek-2ecard9.jpg  
 
Old 11-11-2009, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Kallison Ranch, San Antonio,TX.
1,643 posts, read 2,182,970 times
Reputation: 684
I will admit we have not partcipated in a Community Yard Sale since it has moved from Galm ES. My wife said that it will begin at 7:00am and end at 11:00am ? Maybe she in mistaken. If not then why such a short time period?. As I've previously said you have to haul everything down to the Sportspark, Set Up, Sell What you can in the short time period, Pack up, Drive Home, Unpack, and make a decision which Charity to contact. There has got to be a better solution to this. My solution and I sincerely hope someone on the BOD or HOA Staff is reading this would be for you all to allow us to have the quarterly yard sales at our homes. I assure you as I have in the past traffic will not be a problem. I know this because I have attended those types of Community Yard Sales. There are many Subdivisions /Neighborhoods in San Antonio that conduct them as I have suggested. Please reconsider. Please don't think of this as a Money Maker.

On another note and yes its' about expenses. Why on Earth does the HOA /BOD charge $25.00 for a space at the Christmas Bazaar and another $8.00 for the table?. Don't you realize that when folks buy Arts and Crafts they are looking for something nice at a bargin price? Although someone as a Crafter don't want to give your merchandise away you have to make a little money for your time and effort. Do you realize that one has to sell $33.00 first before they start to turn a profit? I know many Crafters and with high prices like we are having to pay you may if you're lucky break even.

Why are we in the "house that we built" having to pay such ridiculous prices? Is this just a Money Making Event for the HOA /BOD? . Please don't tell me you have to hire a Security Guard. I have been to enough shows and Security is uncommon. Now if this were a Jewlery or Coin show then yes hire a Guard. There only has to be one HOA Staff Member present to insure everything is run properly. There can't be that much of a charge for electricity. Please just please tell me and the others why we as Homeowner's have to spend $33.00 to participate in a Craft Show in a building that we paid for and in a Comminuty in which we live. Talk about a Screw Job! I know firsthand I'm not the only one that has complained to the HOA Office Staff. Please Chime In.
 
Old 11-11-2009, 09:33 PM
 
66 posts, read 51,212 times
Reputation: 29
Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
I saw the small flags along the median of Military Drive West. I commend whoever placed these flags there for all to view on Veteran's Day.

And to ALL Veterans:
I also saw the flags, and thought thank-you.
The link is very powerful.
 
Old 11-11-2009, 10:45 PM
 
Location: Kallison Ranch, San Antonio,TX.
1,643 posts, read 2,182,970 times
Reputation: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
I saw the small flags along the median of Military Drive West. I commend whoever placed these flags there for all to view on Veteran's Day.

And to ALL Veterans:
Although I did not drive down Military Drive today it's very nice to hear about all the Flags. I fly a Flag everyday and insure it is lit up at night. I feel a little guilty since it is up by the front door under the overhang / porch. Since our front door sets so far back its hard for others to see it. The most important matter is that I know it's there and of course why and for who I fly it.

I have heard that there is to be some major landscaping at the Clock Tower. It has been suggested that there be a brick wall, not high with maybe the VOWC Logo and "Veterans Parkway" on it. I would also like to see that there is a flag flown there 24 /7.
I have signed up for the Landscape Committee and through no fault of my own I had to stay late at work Monday which was the first meeting. I really want to see the landscaping at the Clock Tower come alive.
 
Old 11-11-2009, 11:49 PM
 
Location: SA
744 posts, read 715,055 times
Reputation: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Joe The Dog Faced Boy View Post
When we bought this house, not ever living like
dolls in their houses. At the mortgage company
when we signed all the papers to buy,
they skip over the language that spells
out {WHAT, WHEN, WHERE & HOW.} ALSO,
THEY DO NOT TELL YOU ABOUT THE PEOPLE
WHO PLAY GOD WITH ALL YOUR NEIGHBORS
LIFE'S & OTHERS WHO DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER
FOR THEIR ACTIONS. TOP IT OFF YOU HAVE
TO PAY FOR IT, AND PRETEND TO LIKE IT.
THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT AN HOA IS
YOUR NEIGHBOR CAN'T PAINT THEIR
HOUSE FUSCIA, DON'T GET ME STARTED
ON RENTALS, SOME RENTERS ARE GREAT
SOME DON'T GIVE A RAT'S A***.
It is not their fault. The paperwork was rushed past them. They did not have a voice and were not able to say "excude me, give me a minute to read what I am signing and agreeing to". It is another example of the Generation "WHY" as in Why am I always screwed.
 
Old 11-12-2009, 04:23 AM
 
Location: SA
744 posts, read 715,055 times
Reputation: 552
On the Community Yard sale at the Sports park. I know my wife spoke at the last HOA meeting and addressed our concerns. She has low vision and moving around the park is difficult with all the uneven ground. If traffic through the neighborhoods is a reason for not letting us do it at our homes, then I for one (even though I go all out) would like to ban christmas lights since this to will bring people driving through to look at them. The HOA can still bring in funds by having us pay for the permit to have a garage sale on the same day once a quarter and will eliminate any costs of cleaning up the sports park when it is over. I am hoping that someone will wake up and realize that not everyone is able bodied and they should not be restricted from participation. I am considering talking to an attorney to see if they could do something.
 
Old 11-12-2009, 06:28 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
88 posts, read 104,062 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I will admit we have not partcipated in a Community Yard Sale since it has moved from Galm ES. My wife said that it will begin at 7:00am and end at 11:00am ? Maybe she in mistaken. If not then why such a short time period?. As I've previously said you have to haul everything down to the Sportspark, Set Up, Sell What you can in the short time period, Pack up, Drive Home, Unpack, and make a decision which Charity to contact. There has got to be a better solution to this. My solution and I sincerely hope someone on the BOD or HOA Staff is reading this would be for you all to allow us to have the quarterly yard sales at our homes. I assure you as I have in the past traffic will not be a problem. I know this because I have attended those types of Community Yard Sales. There are many Subdivisions /Neighborhoods in San Antonio that conduct them as I have suggested. Please reconsider. Please don't think of this as a Money Maker.

On another note and yes its' about expenses. Why on Earth does the HOA /BOD charge $25.00 for a space at the Christmas Bazaar and another $8.00 for the table?. Don't you realize that when folks buy Arts and Crafts they are looking for something nice at a bargin price? Although someone as a Crafter don't want to give your merchandise away you have to make a little money for your time and effort. Do you realize that one has to sell $33.00 first before they start to turn a profit? I know many Crafters and with high prices like we are having to pay you may if you're lucky break even.

Why are we in the "house that we built" having to pay such ridiculous prices? Is this just a Money Making Event for the HOA /BOD? . Please don't tell me you have to hire a Security Guard. I have been to enough shows and Security is uncommon. Now if this were a Jewlery or Coin show then yes hire a Guard. There only has to be one HOA Staff Member present to insure everything is run properly. There can't be that much of a charge for electricity. Please just please tell me and the others why we as Homeowner's have to spend $33.00 to participate in a Craft Show in a building that we paid for and in a Comminuty in which we live. Talk about a Screw Job! I know firsthand I'm not the only one that has complained to the HOA Office Staff. Please Chime In.
I concur!
 
Old 11-12-2009, 06:57 AM
 
Location: Kallison Ranch, San Antonio,TX.
1,643 posts, read 2,182,970 times
Reputation: 684
Good Morning,

I have to leave for work here in a minute and I've written myself a note to send the BOD an email tonight. As always I will let you all know what response I get.

This is something I need to bring up at the next BOD Meeting although the Yard Sale would have past. There will be others.

Thank you shoegal and FutureBrennanDad -I will also hare your thoughts.

Have a good day everyone.
 
Old 11-12-2009, 07:30 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
88 posts, read 104,062 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Good Morning,

I have to leave for work here in a minute and I've written myself a note to send the BOD an email tonight. As always I will let you all know what response I get.

This is something I need to bring up at the next BOD Meeting although the Yard Sale would have past. There will be others.

Thank you shoegal and FutureBrennanDad -I will also hare your thoughts.

Have a good day everyone.
Hauling stuff back and forth is not easy when you don't have a truck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:22 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top