Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 09:31 AM

18 posts, read 24,696 times

Advertisements

There is a meeting at ESD#2 Thursday night Nov. 19th at 7:00 pm. It is my understanding that on the agenda is a proposal to vacate or not renew the contract with Geronimo Village Fire Department which has a few paid staff and form a new all volunteer department. It is also my understanding that they start promptly at 7:00 pm and if you sign up to speak you will have 3 minutes to express your views. It is my opinion that this proposal could adversely affect our Fire rating and possibly raise our insurance premiums.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:51 PM

86 posts, read 174,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFSH1PILOT View Post
There is a meeting at ESD#2 Thursday night Nov. 19th at 7:00 pm. It is my understanding that on the agenda is a proposal to vacate or not renew the contract with Geronimo Village Fire Department which has a few paid staff and form a new all volunteer department. It is also my understanding that they start promptly at 7:00 pm and if you sign up to speak you will have 3 minutes to express your views. It is my opinion that this proposal could adversely affect our Fire rating and possibly raise our insurance premiums.

I think this is really an important issue for Westcreek residents; especially since we are such a large community. Response times will really be effected; not to mention that leaves us wide open for San Antonio to usurp us into city limits if they can exceed our services. Exactly where is the location of the meeting and is it open to all the public?

Old 11-18-2009, 03:52 PM

18 posts, read 24,696 times
The ESD #2 office is located on Potranco near the RV storage on the right side just past Wal Mart as you go out west on Potranco. Yes it is open to the public.

I agree with you that if our ISO rating go up as a result of response time and an all volunteer dept so will our insurance.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:58 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
I will be going and will forward the happenings later that night.

That would be great. I'll do my best to be there.

If I go I can't talk to anyone since there are those that are quick to judge.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:19 PM

66 posts, read 83,966 times
Default I apoligize

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post

Please accept my apology for judging you

Old 11-18-2009, 08:48 PM

186 posts, read 345,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFSH1PILOT View Post

Your information is incorrect. This item is not on the agenda and there is not a proposal to vacate or not renew GVVFD’s contract. Currently your ISO rating is 6/9…the goal of ESD 2 is to conduct an ISO pre-survey in order to lower ESD 2’s ISO rating to 4 and possibly 2. If the ESD can get the ISO to 2 it’s possible that it will make this area unattractive to SA if they wanted to attempt to annex. In order to annex, SA has to guarantee they can meet or exceed the level of service currently provided. Odds are very good that a ISO 2 rating will make ESD 2 an unattractive prospect for annexation because it would cost them (SA) a great deal money to provide that level of service. Either way if your ISO drops to 4 or 2 you save money and your rates drop.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:23 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus01 View Post
Your information is incorrect. This item is not on the agenda and there is not a proposal to vacate or not renew GVVFD’s contract. Currently your ISO rating is 6/9…the goal of ESD 2 is to conduct an ISO pre-survey in order to lower ESD 2’s ISO rating to 4 and possibly 2. If the ESD can get the ISO to 2 it’s possible that it will make this area unattractive to SA if they wanted to attempt to annex. In order to annex, SA has to guarantee they can meet or exceed the level of service currently provided. Odds are very good that a ISO 2 rating will make ESD 2 an unattractive prospect for annexation because it would cost them (SA) a great deal money to provide that level of service. Either way if your ISO drops to 4 or 2 you save money and your rates drop.
Since our last rating of 6/9 was last done in 2003, ESD #2 would have to request a new survey by the state to lower our score. Is this what ESD #2 plans to do?

BTW: I couldn't find a web page for them.

Here are some FAQ's on ISO and PPC:

Public Protection Classification (PPC) System from the Texas Department of Insurance

Old 11-19-2009, 12:35 AM

744 posts, read 1,209,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post

Yeah we all remember you like to whisper to people just before the meeting starts. ha ha ha

Old 11-19-2009, 04:28 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,398 times
Shhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 11-19-2009, 07:59 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,421,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WC2006 View Post
Not holding my breath. I joined when that link came out quite a while ago and have yet to recieve one email. They do not know how to use technology and are not motivated to learn. Nor are they motivated to communicate with the HOs.
They are not as well versed as one would hope, no, but they are making a good effort. I get website updates weekly. The newsletter is going digital (mostly) and will be emailed out.

The list of email addresses is being compiled - they haven't sent any out yet because this is new to them, and they are learning! Be patient! Aren't you glad there is something positive? They are in the movement of communicating better - I see that as a good thing.

They do not have a technician/computer tech on site, and have to contract that work out, so it takes a bit longer and there is no one there to help them learn...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio