Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2009, 11:58 AM

41 posts, read 58,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
That's all I was trying to say.

No I don't. They contract web services to me. I redesigned the website for them, from the mess they had before.

Including email communication. Yes, the email link (a mailto link) has been up for a while, but until recently the incoming address were low quantity. I would get 2, maybe 3 addresses a week, and sometimes go 1-2 weeks without any. We've moved them to a more robust system, and they have been pushing for email communication in the office with sign up sheets, etc, and now we have more addresses, but still under 200. The first email went out this morning.

I don't mean to offer 'excuses' but some insight as to what is going on, instead of blindly blaming people. I tried to put a different perspective on the situation, instead of immediately getting upset and pointing the finger. I don't agree with everything that goes on in the neighborhood, but I'm not a jerk either.

I seem to 'know' so much about the HOA because I spend time there. I spent years working as a volunteer, getting to know the staff, etc. We've made a lot of suggestions for them, and they're utilizing what they can right now. Sometimes it seems as if some of you will never be happy - once the HOA becomes perfect like you want, you'll find something else negative somewhere and latch on to that. How about some positive input? y so serious?

I agree that the rumors of wasted/misappropriated funds are disturbing. I hope they aren't true. I agree we need better security - either COP, rental, whatever. I agree that there are residents that could care less about VW, and a small handful that care a lot. I don't think that I could work at the HOA. And after being involved in this thread for so long, I wouldn't want to.

And to add fuel to the fire, the HOA I'm sure was somehow responsible for the tagging that happened at the clocktower recently:

VWOA Crime Page (http://www.villagesofwestcreek.com/crime.php - broken link)

/serious

I hope all of you have a great holiday - remember NISD is out next week, so please watch for lil'uns when driving!

G--

Kudos to you on the website. It does look much improved. I look forward to getting the status updates in a timely fashion. I agree with the unhappiness part. Honestly, I have been struggling with the HOA for awhile and cannot seem to see more good than bad. My problem. . .not yours. My response was not geared to you at all. You of all people, have sacrificed and given freely of your time, probably more than me, definitely more than most. I will leave it at that. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Old 11-20-2009, 03:30 PM

28 posts, read 95,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Not sure if the new speed indicators by the park are solar powered but neither one was working at around 7:45 this morning.
Are they still there or did someone steal them? My radar hasn't gone off and I didn't see the digital signs as I drove by.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:21 PM

43 posts, read 55,872 times
Default Crime Stats

The Crime Stats page of the news letter increases overall awareness. With overall awareness, many questions come to mind. My Q&A follows:

1) Is BCSD to be contacted on each occurrence? Answer - definitely yes. If you are a victim of crime or know of a criminal act, you have an obligation to report it to BCSD.

2) If able, do you become a participant in COPS? Answer - Individual decision based on his/her situation and capabilities.

3) Would costly private security be the right course of action? Answer - Before addressing the real need for private security and the cost to be incurred, specifics come in to play as regards areas of coverage (all or part of the community), timeframe for coverage by the private security (24/7 or designated times), and the number of personnel needed at any given time providing the coverage would need to be addressed. When the actual need is assessed, then there will be a better idea of the associated in hiring private security and the justification of passing on the cost to the homeowners being a realistic expectation.

4) Does the HOA need to be notified of incidents of crime? That should be left to the individual person victimized. The objective of keeping people in the "know" is a good thing. On the other hand it can also create an air of fear-mongering which could result in people being so scared that they would not want to leave their homes.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:25 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WC2006 View Post
G--

Kudos to you on the website. It does look much improved. I look forward to getting the status updates in a timely fashion. I agree with the unhappiness part. Honestly, I have been struggling with the HOA for awhile and cannot seem to see more good than bad. My problem. . .not yours. My response was not geared to you at all. You of all people, have sacrificed and given freely of your time, probably more than me, definitely more than most. I will leave it at that. Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Thanks - I just hope more people "keep looking forward"!

Hope you have a safe holiday too!

Old 11-21-2009, 09:32 AM

Default The greater good, growing a pair....stay tuned!!!!

Current BOD of Westcreek is ineffective and counter productive and have become their own enemies. Really a shame that they have decided to join the power train for a trip leading nowhere. Moderator cut: post referring to has been deleted . It is not about ego, control and power. It is really about credibility, plausibility and guts to stand up for what is right. But more importantly it is about working for the GREATER GOOD instead of YOUR OWN SELFISH AGENDA. Who knows you may learn something. A new day is dawning on Villages of Westcreek.

Last edited by Chickrae; 11-23-2009 at 07:32 AM..

Old 11-21-2009, 09:44 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,822,911 times
Well, good luck with that. If it's the same "Westcreek for a Change" brigade that were crowing earlier on...that train's been derailed long ago. I've never seen such amateurs that don't have a clue about their HOA. As I stated earlier, I pay into 5 of them (rentals). This one by far the cheapest.
I won't go 'round and 'round with you all day....you do what you think you need to do. Good luck with it.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Well, good luck with that. If it's the same "Westcreek for a Change" brigade that were crowing earlier on...that train's been derailed long ago. I've never seen such amateurs that don't have a clue about their HOA. As I stated earlier, I pay into 5 of them (rentals). This one by far the cheapest.
I won't go 'round and 'round with you all day....you do what you think you need to do. Good luck with it.
It's not about luck, but thanks for your well wishes. I don't know anything about "Westcreek for a Change" brigade. That train must have passed me by, but I definitely will keep an out eye out for it, but don't think I will hitch a ride. If you are trying to impress me with the number you pay in to, believe me 5 is lame and far from impressive. It is not about quantity, it is about quality. I don't want to go 'round and 'round with you either Moderator cut: personal attack . You present yourself in such a way that you must be one of the current board members, which means you are part of the problem and far from being part of the solution. Moderator cut: personal attack . If you are not the member of the board I speak of, I do apologize. If you are a member of the board, then you (as well as the other board members) owe an apology to every homeowner in Westcreek tendered with your resignation.

Last edited by Chickrae; 11-23-2009 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 11-21-2009, 10:17 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,841,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Moderator cut: off topic

It does appear that there have been many new folks since the Petitions and Sign Up Tables went around. People have come out of the woodwork so to speak.

Moderator cut: off topic . Some have good input and it's obvious that they know their facts.

Now there's someone out their that appears to be looking for a set of Balls. Has he lost his? If so check the Lost and Found on the VOWC Webpage.

Last edited by Chickrae; 11-23-2009 at 07:42 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 11-21-2009, 06:45 PM

It is great to know that there are others out there that have the same wants and want nots. That is in no way a kiss up statement due to my previous post. This Cowboy was being a Smart Ass.

As far as your thoughts on Financial Responsibility how do you feel about Quarterly Actual Budget Expenditures and having them available to post in the Newsletter / Webpage? We all need to see how the monies are being spent and this would satisfy many as far as the BOD being accountable. Spending money needs to be justified. I do not know and maybe this can be answered if there is a Dollar Amount Limit that the BOD / HOA Staff can spend without the approval of the Homeowner's. I'll assure you we (SAWS) spend millions of dollars each year, that's our (VOWC Homeowners' / Resident's) money also, and it has to be justified or it's not going to happen. We are Stewards of the Ratepayers Money and the BOD /HOA Office Staff (present and future) need to remember that they are Stewards of Our Money. By the Way it is pretty S..... for anyone to have to pay 95 cents for a copy of the 2010 Proposed Budget. This is also something that should have been posted in the Newsletter or on the Webpage or sent out to the Homeowner's. That tells other's and myself that there is money that is going to be spent that should probably not be. These are the types of secretive actions that upsets folks.

I appreciate your feelings on not changing the By-Laws, Standards, and CC and R's to satisfy a BOD need (such as the fence boondoggle). It bother's me as well as others that they have never completely answered the questions that Residents' have had with this issue. I did learn that they have a new definition of the word "Maintenance". No need to worry folks, Websters' has been notified. I have never had a problem with our assessments going towards the maintenance of the fences. This needs to revert back to how it was until this year. I really don't think this is something that should go before the Resident's since there are MANY that do not want to pay for other's fences. In my opinion this was a FOOLISH mistake by the BOD and they just need to suck it up. Again as I stated this cannot go to a vote to the Homeowners' since it will be shot down and their change will remain.

This may be trivial to others but there is serious lack of upkeep to our entrances, monuments, etc. It is an issue that been a thorn in my side for years.I appreciate the fact that there was a deterent caused by the Loop 1604 expansion. I know that there are plans on the drawing board to spruce up the entrances and I feel everything needs to be finalized before Spring. I should not have to contact the HOA Office and complain about weeds in our Monuments. To the best of my knowledge we have a Maintenace Staff. This issue is a double edged sword in that if my yard was overgrown with weeds, dead bushes, etc, I would have a notice on our gate. As you are well aware these landscaping issues are a reflection upon the VOWC. *As far a maintaining proprty values what about the folks that attemt to sell their homes when a quick drive around the area has a direct effect on a potential buyer's decision.

I do like the section on our Webpage that gives the Crime Stats. There may be some residents' that do not want this publisheed since it may deter folks from purchasing in this Subdivision or it may cause a scare. What they forget is that the same information can be located on the internet on other sites.

As far as voices being heard I have a hard time attending BOD Meetings and when a question is asked there is either a smurk or a dumbfounded look. I know that not all questions can be answered but the turn around time as it appears is entirely too long. 1-2 Days tops. If a question cannot be answered then at least have the courtesy and respect for that individual to make a quick phone call /email to assure them it is still being looked into and that their question /concern is not a mute point.

I like many other have found the inconsistencies when it comes to the Standards Monitors. It still amazes me how the fellow that walks our area is often observed with no clipboard in hand. I have previously stated that I do not want to pay someone $7-$8 / hour to take a stroll.

Stepping back to the Crime Issue, I really don't know what can be done. I know the Security Issue is more than likely dead and there appears to be a lack of interest in C.O.P.S.

Well that's a pretty good picture of some of the changes that we need. Of course there are others that come to mind be we can ALL discuss those in the future.

Last edited by wellguy; 11-21-2009 at 06:56 PM..

Old 11-22-2009, 02:40 PM

Did I read or hear that the December BOD Meeting is going to be closed to Resident's ? If so, is this allowed and does anyone know why? What kind of turn-out was at last week's Meeting?

Sorry I could not make it but it's Water before Westcreek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio