Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2009, 03:41 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,398 times

Advertisements

Good Morning wc2005- Yes, you are correct they do get bonuses. That RGJ is not a rumor.

Last edited by wellguy; 12-17-2009 at 04:17 AM..

Old 12-17-2009, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
Look at Sections 7.13 and 7.14 of VWC by-laws. I think it's pretty clear.

http://www.villagesofwestcreek.com/Documents/bylaws.pdf

All I can say is IF you only lived here you would know exactly what is being talked about and I'll assure you most of what you read (By Laws) is not being adhered to. If you were to read back several months you will see the issue about the "Common Fences", a damned Gazebo, and how the current BOD took their stance. Those are only a couple of issues. They rewrote Webster's with their own interpetation of the By Laws with the Fence situation.

I realize that they cannot come to us everytime they need to spend a dollar. What I was taking about was simply PISSING money away. It boils down to this, every dollar our BOD spends needs to be justified. They are stewards our money which is a fair and just statement. Now you can select to say I'm wrong but the majority of the Homeowner's will not. We are a Non-Profit Entity. That may be a "So What" but I'll assure you 99% of the Non Profits I have dealt with run a lot tighter ship.

As far as a previous statement you made about Monday Morning Quarterbacking- I clearly stated that my comment was a Rumor. But Thanks for calling me that. It's a HELL of a lot better than being the VOWC BOD Center (If you know what I mean)

Last edited by wellguy; 12-17-2009 at 04:21 AM..

Old 12-17-2009, 11:37 AM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,731,735 times
My point was that if VWC is similar to some of the organizations I've been involved with, you have people who are not on the board going around saying "When are THEY going to do something" or "Why don't YA'LL fix this". That was my point. If you have only 3-5 people(out of thousands of general members) deciding what is being spent and where it is being spent, then a lot of people have not taken the time or interest in making those decisions.

What you consider pissing money away for a certain project or improvement might very well be a priority for someone else. And if they are on the board and you're not, guess what?

It wasn't my intent to start an argument with you, but when you said they don't have the right to spend the money pretty much as they see fit, then I disagreed with you. Of course, they couldn't go out a buy a couple of Escalades for the COP people. But as long as a majority of the BOD votes to fund a project(such a Gazebo) and it is within the guidelines and by-laws, then they have that right. It goes with the territory.

And you're right, by not living in VWC there are things that I don't know. But then this is a public forum. Perhaps a city-data/villagesofwestcreek where only people that live in VWC are allowed would be more appropriate.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:45 PM

43 posts, read 55,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Great Question. I hope that there are some out there that will give us an answer.

It's funny that you asked about the use of money. I was thinking along the same lines today and had a thought / question. So here it goes:

Potential BOD Members- Rumors are a dime a dozen as we all know. Some of you have more than likely heard the rumor about the misappropriation of HOA Monies. If this rumor were to become fact would you share the details with us, the Homeowner's. What actions would you want to see taken against those involved?

Again my question is based upon a rumor as I have no facts to back it up. An answer would give us some insight to your character.
WellGuy, you pose some interesting questions. If I were a potential board BOD member, I can tell you exactly what I would like to see done and I would push as hard as I could to make it happen.

First, the $4.00 increase in assessment would be returned to the homeowner in the form of a decrease in the following years. The decrease would be more than $4.00.

Second, I will push for a forensic audit of the financial records to quash or discover any rumors about misappropriation of HOA monies. The outcome of the audit would be fully disclosed to the homeowners at the appropriate time. If it was a substantiated rumor, I would then push to see that responsible parties were charged accordingly with appropriate punishment and restitution allowed by the penal code.

Third, I would insist on a balanced budget that would be in line with the primary reason for an association.

Are these the type answers you wanted to hear?

Old 12-18-2009, 04:54 PM

43 posts, read 55,856 times
Quote:
Look at Sections 7.13 and 7.14 of VWC by-laws. I think it's pretty clear.

http://www.villagesofwestcreek.com/Documents/bylaws.pdf
RJC, one question. Do you or do you not live in Villages of Westcreek? If you don't, by your comments, it would appear that you are friends or relative of someone who does. Otherwise, you wouldn't be so interested in the business of VOW and you sure would come across as the all knowing authority on everything. If you are not a resident, may I suggest that you take care of the business of your own and leave the VOW business to the residents of VOW.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinRogue View Post
WellGuy, you pose some interesting questions. If I were a potential board BOD member, I can tell you exactly what I would like to see done and I would push as hard as I could to make it happen.

First, the $4.00 increase in assessment would be returned to the homeowner in the form of a decrease in the following years. The decrease would be more than $4.00.

Second, I will push for a forensic audit of the financial records to quash or discover any rumors about misappropriation of HOA monies. The outcome of the audit would be fully disclosed to the homeowners at the appropriate time. If it was a substantiated rumor, I would then push to see that responsible parties were charged accordingly with appropriate punishment and restitution allowed by the penal code.

Third, I would insist on a balanced budget that would be in line with the primary reason for an association.

Are these the type answers you wanted to hear?

Yes- That is exactly what I wanted to hear and of course see done.

Thanks

Old 12-18-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
My point was that if VWC is similar to some of the organizations I've been involved with, you have people who are not on the board going around saying "When are THEY going to do something" or "Why don't YA'LL fix this". That was my point. If you have only 3-5 people(out of thousands of general members) deciding what is being spent and where it is being spent, then a lot of people have not taken the time or interest in making those decisions.

What you consider pissing money away for a certain project or improvement might very well be a priority for someone else. And if they are on the board and you're not, guess what?

It wasn't my intent to start an argument with you, but when you said they don't have the right to spend the money pretty much as they see fit, then I disagreed with you. Of course, they couldn't go out a buy a couple of Escalades for the COP people. But as long as a majority of the BOD votes to fund a project(such a Gazebo) and it is within the guidelines and by-laws, then they have that right. It goes with the territory.

And you're right, by not living in VWC there are things that I don't know. But then this is a public forum. Perhaps a city-data/villagesofwestcreek where only people that live in VWC are allowed would be more appropriate.
Please continue to post. I was not attempting to run you off as you have made some great points. You have every right to post.

* You may or may not know this so if I can share the following:

That Gazebo Boondoggle was going to cost this HOA a great deal of money and it would sit there and decay from wood rot. (You can read about it in previous BOD Minutes) The reason it was proposed was to be a focal point for Weddings which in turn would mean the Community Center would be rented meaning $$$ for the HOA. Well at least in a few minds. How many folks are going to get married in the VOWC?. The next time you are in the area look to the right rear of the Community Center. The area has potential for a Natural Area which it currently is. As I had said a while back yeah sure a Couple (on one of their most joyous days) is going to get married with the blistful sounds of vehicles traveling down Military Dr, Dirt Bikes in the nearby Creek Bed, etc. The VOWC would become one Hell of a Marriage Destination. Maybe it would make some of the Bridal Magazines.

If it were not for the right people voicing their thoughts / opinions to the BOD we would be hearing the sounds of Circular Saws, the pounding of nails, etc.

That would be a great example of pissing away money.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:20 PM

8 posts, read 11,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Good Morning wc2005- Yes, you are correct they do get bonuses. That RGJ is not a rumor.
Well Guy, get your facts straight, none of the employees get a bonus.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:16 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Default Expanding Bridge in Westcreek Subdivision

Found this PDF file about expanding the bridge over Medio Creek on Military Drive West. Click on link and then click on Capital Improvement Projects in Progress (PDF) link. Go to last page (27 of 27).

Bexar County - Infrastructure Services Department

Old 12-21-2009, 10:38 AM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,731,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinRogue View Post
RJC, one question. Do you or do you not live in Villages of Westcreek? If you don't, by your comments, it would appear that you are friends or relative of someone who does. Otherwise, you wouldn't be so interested in the business of VOW and you sure would come across as the all knowing authority on everything. If you are not a resident, may I suggest that you take care of the business of your own and leave the VOW business to the residents of VOW.
I don't live in Villages of Westcreek nor do I have any friends or relatives who live there. I was just offering a different point of view and I don't think I came across as the "all knowing authority on everything" as you stated. Did you come to that conclusion by my posting of the by laws? Even though this is a public forum, I'll take you up on your suggestion to leave VOW business to the residents of VOW.

I'll just make this final observation. I'm presuming that live in VOW and you are interested enough in VOW to post comments here, but not be on the board all the years you've lived there?

Last edited by RGJ; 12-21-2009 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: sp and add
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio