U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-23-2009, 04:05 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,116,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
It gets pretty backed up. I have seen the first stop sign backed up almost all the way to 1604 before. Fortunately, I leave way before the whackos and get home after them, so it's not biggy to me, but my wife usually gets off at 5 and that's when it sucks. I keep telling her to just go to Westcreek Oaks and stay away from Military, but you know how that works...
Medio Creek is by the sports park.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:36 PM

13,805 posts, read 18,213,214 times
ooooh, oops

that's a waste of money then

12 hour days, but never more than 3 in a row and a three day weekend every other weekend. Basically a 2 day week and a 5 day week and I work 6 months/year.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:35 PM

4,263 posts, read 6,820,555 times
6 months/year is right up my alley. After the move, I'm handing over some of my clients to an associate...cutting way back. Was going to retire altogether, but I've decided to ease into it. Don't know if I can handle NO work, with son starting school late next year. I've always made my own schedule though.
Pretty sure your firm is one of my clients...I have a bunch of the larger defense contractors.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:00 PM

1,643 posts, read 2,082,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
The winners of the Christmas light contest have had signs placed in the yard, and I am happy I have one this year. I guess not alot of people participated (since it was not really advertised that well) and I considered not doing it, but hey for a gift card I figured what the heck.
That's Fantastic. Enjoy your Gift Card.

What Village do you live in? Do you know where the other Winner's are located? There is a nicely decorated home on Tetford here in The Hollow although I have no idea if they entered the Contest.

I have seen an increase of lights this year over the past several years. I am very pleased to say that I purchased a Yard Angel (with lights) and she is still here.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:36 PM

872 posts, read 1,040,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thule View Post
Well Guy, get your facts straight, none of the employees get a bonus.
Yes they do...I know that for a FACT!

Old 12-23-2009, 09:44 PM

872 posts, read 1,040,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Found this PDF file about expanding the bridge over Medio Creek on Military Drive West. Click on link and then click on Capital Improvement Projects in Progress (PDF) link. Go to last page (27 of 27).

Bexar County - Infrastructure Services Department
I don't see the point in this construction. How about using that $1.7M on an overpass at 1604 and New Guilbeau/Braun instead.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Yes they do...I know that for a FACT!
Good Evening,

Maybe Thule will tell us how he /she knows that there are no bonuses.

I think the facts (that I noted) speak for themselves and are valid.

Thule: If my statement is incorrect please correct me. I'm not too proud to eat Crow if need be.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:42 PM

8 posts, read 6,456 times
Wellguy, you don't have a clue what is going on and, clearly, wc2005 obviously has no current knowledge either as his wife is no longer a VWOA employee. I have it on good authority that bonuses have not been paid for two years, maybe three. Maybe you should all quit smoking something!

Old 12-24-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1992 View Post
Wellguy, you don't have a clue what is going on and, clearly, wc2005 obviously has no current knowledge either as his wife is no longer a VWOA employee. I have it on good authority that bonuses have not been paid for two years, maybe three. Maybe you should all quit smoking something!
Well we will have to draw our own conclusions although you did admit that bonuses have been paid. We do have something in common since we both have it on "good authority".

By the way I do not smoke nor do I blow hot air. Smoking stunts your growth and I did not grow to 6' 3 1/2" by smoking.

Bonuses / Raises are usually kept a little hush hush. I sure as hell did not share with my fellow co workers that I received a 17% pay raise in 2009.

Last edited by wellguy; 12-24-2009 at 08:25 PM..

Old 12-26-2009, 08:05 PM

43 posts, read 34,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Well we will have to draw our own conclusions although you did admit that bonuses have been paid. We do have something in common since we both have it on "good authority".

By the way I do not smoke nor do I blow hot air. Smoking stunts your growth and I did not grow to 6' 3 1/2" by smoking.

Bonuses / Raises are usually kept a little hush hush. I sure as hell did not share with my fellow co workers that I received a 17% pay raise in 2009.

Bonus or no bonus is really not the issue. The main issue should be the overall budget. The budget for the HOA is way out of line and the board needs to trim back the fat substantially to at least 97% fat free. The board needs to remember they are representing the best interest of all the homeowners and not just a select few. When you look at the salaries of the paid employees, first there are too many employees and secondly, the salaries are not in line with today's economy and the demographics of the work force lest we forget one mere fact - that Villages of Westcreek Homeowner's Association is a not for profit. It's a homeowners association - not corporate America - oh, but over the past 18 months look at what's happened to corporate America - it went bust and needed bail outs from the taxpayers!!

The residents of this subdivision are retired or hard working middle class people - some with children. They are not representative of those that live at Fair Oaks, the Dominion, etc. I know if my financial state was of the caliber of the Fair Oakers or the Dominionites, that is precisely where I would be living. When I built my home in 1997, it was for location and affordability. In addition to the price of my home, I considered the taxes and annual homeowner assessment in balancing the overall affordability.

Simply put, isn't it time the Villages of Westcreek Homeowner's Association got back to the basics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio