Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 09:25 PM

23 posts, read 27,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Yes they do...I know that for a FACT!
Do or did...very different words all together. "Wellguy" get a life and get your facts straight! If you have proof then prove it???

Old 01-04-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinRogue View Post
Bonus or no bonus is really not the issue. The main issue should be the overall budget. The budget for the HOA is way out of line and the board needs to trim back the fat substantially to at least 97% fat free. The board needs to remember they are representing the best interest of all the homeowners and not just a select few. When you look at the salaries of the paid employees, first there are too many employees and secondly, the salaries are not in line with today's economy and the demographics of the work force lest we forget one mere fact - that Villages of Westcreek Homeowner's Association is a not for profit. It's a homeowners association - not corporate America - oh, but over the past 18 months look at what's happened to corporate America - it went bust and needed bail outs from the taxpayers!!

The residents of this subdivision are retired or hard working middle class people - some with children. They are not representative of those that live at Fair Oaks, the Dominion, etc. I know if my financial state was of the caliber of the Fair Oakers or the Dominionites, that is precisely where I would be living. When I built my home in 1997, it was for location and affordability. In addition to the price of my home, I considered the taxes and annual homeowner assessment in balancing the overall affordability.

Simply put, isn't it time the Villages of Westcreek Homeowner's Association got back to the basics?
GoinRogue, maybe you should be the first to volunteer your time at the HOA and maybe then we could cut back expenses. Maybe all the HOA staff should be voluteers; then who would you hold accountable??? I'm not saying I'm just saying.

Last edited by HOA Watcher; 01-04-2010 at 10:35 PM..

Old 01-05-2010, 08:09 AM

797 posts, read 2,992,331 times
Default Be Alert, ANOTHER daytime break-in in WC

Yesterday there was another mid-day front door bust down break-in on Barkston. Please be on the look out for each other and remember not to put obvious empty boxes of cool new Christmas stuff on the curb this week. You don't want to volunteer to be the next target.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:39 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
I'll volunteer

where is Barkston anyhow?

Old 01-05-2010, 11:57 AM

186 posts, read 345,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I'll volunteer

Want some back-up??

Old 01-05-2010, 12:58 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,819,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I'll volunteer

barkston san antonio - Google Maps

Old 01-05-2010, 02:05 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
eesh, that's close

hopefully they do some research when selecting a house because I really do not want to have that on my conscience. It would definitely be a quick and very violent end if they did make that mistake, though.
As far as back-up, we should all back each other up and keep an eye on who is driving by. There is nothing wrong with giving a hard look at a vehicle you don't recognize.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:31 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,555,245 times
DANG RD! That's so close to your house that you prolly coulda thrown a stick at it!

It absolutely amazes me that people are so brazen to just break in the front door!!! Absolutely scary! Our neighborhood seems to just now be experiencing petty theft and stuff (our daughter's old, hand-me-down "Wally World special" bike was stolen a coupla days after Christmas and we've had a coupla vehicle window smashes and attempts at such around the 'hood lately). Seemed like we were kinda hidden away and the criminals didn't know that we existed, to the point that until recently I never locked the front door when we were home and our back door remained unlocked 24/7 for about 3 years (cuz the lock was broken). But apparently they've found our 'hood and now we gotta be vigilant, too.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:42 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,841,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOA Watcher View Post
Do or did...very different words all together. "Wellguy" get a life and get your facts straight! If you have proof then prove it???
Ohh! I knew that was coming down the pike. Like I said and we can put a halt to this CRAP right now. I have it from a GREAT source which I will not reveal. If I didn't feel comforatable saying it them I wouldn't have.

This has obviously pinched a nerve with you. Like I said let's put this to a halt Right Now. I'll accept the fact that you have your facts and I have mine. Together we are in a no win arguement. That's Life and I'm a Big Boy.

Oh and by the way I do have a life and a DAMNED GOOD ONE AT THAT. So I say to you, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Old 01-05-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Ohh! I knew that was coming down the pike. Like I said and we can put a halt to this CRAP right now. I have it from a GREAT source which I will not reveal. If I didn't feel comforatable saying it them I wouldn't have.

This has obviously pinched a nerve with you. Like I said let's put this to a halt Right Now. I'll accept the fact that you have your facts and I have mine. Together we are in a no win arguement. That's Life and I'm a Big Boy.

Oh and by the way I do have a life and a DAMNED GOOD ONE AT THAT. So I say to you, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
All I'm saying is, if you have any information that somebody or someone is spending our monies then you have an obligationas a home owner to snuff out this poor practice. If you do not step up then you are as bad as they are. Just like if you see a crime and walk the other way...help others have a damn good life also. Maybe we can knock off that extra $4 bucks we just got hit with? I want somebody fired for giving out bonuses and not informing the HOA!! THANKS BIG GUY!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio