U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 09:19 AM

276 posts, read 866,658 times

Advertisements

I recently got a letter from the HOA telling me I need to...wait for it... rake my lawn. No kidding. There were probably 20 leaves on the ground. What an epic waste of our money.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:30 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,304,300 times
That's what kills me about the yard nazis. Certain things happen and they don't use logic. If it rains in the summer, your grass grows quick. Not all of us can mow our lawn during the week and sometimes it takes a few days to get on it, but they'll cite you in a day. Leaves fall around this time of year and will continue to fall for a while. It does absolutely no good to rake them now because more will quickly replace them. I don't know why common sense has the word common in it because it sure as hell doesn't happen often.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:48 AM

1,668 posts, read 3,354,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot Owl View Post
I recently got a letter from the HOA telling me I need to...wait for it... rake my lawn. No kidding. There were probably 20 leaves on the ground. What an epic waste of our money.
This is another example of being inconsistent as I'm sure you had neighbor's around you with many more leaves and they did not get a notice.. Something that I have complained about for years. (not leaves)

I sincerely feel that the Standard's Monitor's need some training so they are all on the same page. Maybe this is a reflection of the saying "You get what you pay for" Our neighbor on the other side of the street is always leaving the garbage cans out. I doubt that there have been any notices given. I got a notice once due to a garden hose not being rolled up. My next door neighbor (not the one mentioned below) did not edge his lawn all Summer. It's still not edged. I'll bet you lunch that he has never been given a notice.

Last month they (The neighbor's who leave the trash can out. I sure hope he does not read City- Data) had car mats, and I kid you not they sat on their driveway for 3 weeks in plain sight. They came out of a Suburban ,both carpeted and rubber mats, so you know there was a pile. Well to end this story before I start to sound like I'm whinnig I went over early early one morning and they somehow ended up in our trash can. OK I feed our Brown Monster an early breakfast.

Oh get this (especially all of the Veterans and Familes of Veterans). A couple of days after that Son of a B.... killed the innocent Soldiers at Fort Hood he had to play his Middle Eastern music while washing his Mercedes. It was so loud you could hear it inside the house. Our next door neighbor, a Retired Air Force Colonel walked over and told him to turn it down in a not so pleasant voice according to our Son. I'm sure it was insulting to have a Lady snap at him.

Last edited by wellguy; 01-18-2010 at 11:06 AM..

Old 01-18-2010, 04:25 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,731,415 times
CELLULAR ON PATROL TRAINING IS SCHEDULED!

30 Jan 2010, 8 am - 4 pm.

Visit the website for contact info....

Old 01-18-2010, 04:30 PM

1,668 posts, read 3,354,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post

Thank You

Old 01-19-2010, 08:05 PM

66 posts, read 74,565 times
Default Thank you for letting everyone know

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post

I'm going!! How many of you are going to attend with me???

JOE

Old 01-19-2010, 08:56 PM

186 posts, read 305,663 times
I understand that BCSO is already looking for attendance numbers...please read the email posted in the WC website and let the WC Team Captain know if you plan to attend...Its not a big thing to ask...the request is also your first test as a prospective COP member...can you follow directions/and or instructions. In addition to observing your willingness to follow their directions, they want to know if you are attending so that there are enough seats made available in the class. Food for thought...besides there might be pizza!!

Old 01-20-2010, 08:24 PM
RGJ

1,902 posts, read 4,017,490 times
I think COP is a good thing, but in my neighborhood they double as the enforcers of HOA rules, like boats in the driveway, expired tags on cars, etc. Not that I have either.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:12 PM

186 posts, read 305,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
I think COP is a good thing, but in my neighborhood they double as the enforcers of HOA rules, like boats in the driveway, expired tags on cars, etc. Not that I have either.
I 'm assuming that you are in SA and not in the unincorporated county. If your COP is in the county...BCSO expressly prohibits using COP for the enforcement of HOA rules and regs. Being a citizens organization they prefer that their COP sponsored activities not reflect the vestiges of a CC&R brown shirt organization. Such activities can reflect badly on the BCSO. COP is not an enforcement activity and really shouldn't be aligned with their HOA...for exactly the reason you describe. Its sad to hear that a HOA has usurped your COP activity.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:45 AM
RGJ

1,902 posts, read 4,017,490 times
I live in the city in one of those older voluntary HOA associations. One of several developed in the 70's. Our neighborhood is one of several that filled in the pool due to lack of participation by the homeowners. Sad thing. It was a L shaped olympic size pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio