U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-21-2008, 09:44 AM
 
Location: College Station, Texas
121 posts, read 440,219 times
Reputation: 57

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Have you spoken with the VWOA office about your break in? They may be able to post bulletins or otherwise let other residents know about the missing items, so they can be aware....
I haven't been real impressed with the response from the VWOA, us and our neighbors have been complaining about the racing and fourwheeling in the alleys behind our yards. and the only response we get from VWOA is to "call 911". They have made no effort to post signs or limit access to those areas.

 
Old 04-21-2008, 10:01 AM
 
422 posts, read 1,330,008 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Those apartments are definitely a topic that brings out quite a bit of emotion, especially with a certain section of them being "affordable housing" or section 8.. Some will argue that everyone should be allowed to live in a nice area and others will argue against it. I'm opposed to socialism and therefore am against it and I can also make a very good case that the amount of crime spiked after they opened.
They tried to do this same thing in Stone Oak, but the lawyers up there were obviously a little better than the ones we have in Westcreek..
I personally wouldn't mind spending a little extra money on dues to fund a security crew that can monitor the neighborhood all the time.
I hear that! Why should I bust my a55 when I can get it for free? Section 8 in San Antonio is a joke, and needs to be revised imo. They say they want to give everyone the opportunity to live the "life style" that we middle class Americans work hard for. So the only thing they are promoting is don't work, get it subsidized!

Now I'm not saying that all are abusing/taking advantage of the system, but I wouldn't doubt if most are.
 
Old 04-21-2008, 11:38 AM
 
3,060 posts, read 6,728,502 times
Reputation: 1253
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmerian View Post
I haven't been real impressed with the response from the VWOA, us and our neighbors have been complaining about the racing and fourwheeling in the alleys behind our yards. and the only response we get from VWOA is to "call 911". They have made no effort to post signs or limit access to those areas.
We have racing and dirt bikes too - paintballing, etc behind our place. BUT, the property does not belong to WC, so they can't do anything about it. We got the same advice. We've called Bexar County about it before, and they sent a sheriff out immediately.

Maybe the property these kids are abusing doesn't belong to WC. After looking at Google maps, it appears to be the area that the power lines run through. Check with the office, look at the maps they have, and see if it belongs to one of the builders, or SAWS, CPS, etc. The lot behind our home belongs partly to KB, and part of it is gas pipeline, so WC unfortunately can't do anything about controlling those areas, even putting up signs.
 
Old 04-21-2008, 12:03 PM
 
Location: College Station, Texas
121 posts, read 440,219 times
Reputation: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
We have racing and dirt bikes too - paintballing, etc behind our place. BUT, the property does not belong to WC, so they can't do anything about it. We got the same advice. We've called Bexar County about it before, and they sent a sheriff out immediately.

Maybe the property these kids are abusing doesn't belong to WC. After looking at Google maps, it appears to be the area that the power lines run through. Check with the office, look at the maps they have, and see if it belongs to one of the builders, or SAWS, CPS, etc. The lot behind our home belongs partly to KB, and part of it is gas pipeline, so WC unfortunately can't do anything about controlling those areas, even putting up signs.
I checked the appraisal district website (bcad.org) and the land in the alley way behind our house is owned by mccombs partners, and behind our neighbors it is owned by the Villages of West Creek LTD. That is why our neighbor is so upset, they own the land and do nothing to restrict access to it.
 
Old 04-21-2008, 01:11 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
1,289 posts, read 3,334,605 times
Reputation: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerian View Post
My husband and I live off of Chippington Dr. our house was recently broken into, our computer and other things were taken. We live on a oversize corner lot, and found that our gate at the end of the yard was open. We have seen kids racing cars out back in our alley way, and suspect that they are the ones who broke into our house. In our case we felt that the thieves were casing our house..I am usually home all day, and my husband takes our one car to work. The burglers picked a time when none of our neighbors were home (some are like me they are at home during the day). This is not the first time this has happened to us, our fence was vandalized by some kids who are renting a house near our house, (we think these are the same ones who broke into our house this time). Also another time our neighbors fence was vandalized, conviently after these particular renters moved in. The association is so concerned with bare spots on our grass yet they do not moniter what goes on to the homeowners, we pay good money to live in an area that is supposed to have low crime, but I am not seeing it lately, I have seen more crime.
Sorry to hear about your loss. How did they get in?

I don't know of any alleys in Westcreek. Are you referring to the green belt where the power lines are?

What kind of scooter was stolen? We walk our dogs daily through there and will gladly keep an eye out for the stolen goods.
 
Old 04-21-2008, 01:23 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
1,289 posts, read 3,334,605 times
Reputation: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Have you spoken with the VWOA office about your break in? They may be able to post bulletins or otherwise let other residents know about the missing items, so they can be aware....
I called them when my car was broken into and items were stolen a couple of years ago....never got a call back.
 
Old 04-21-2008, 02:08 PM
 
3,060 posts, read 6,728,502 times
Reputation: 1253
Why not post some of those items here for people to look out for? Would that violate any forum rules I wonder?

I also have an email list of some people here in the neighborhood - I'll be happy to spread around a list of items for people to watch out for - especially if it's truly kids stealing, then something for the parents to look out for....
 
Old 04-21-2008, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
13,807 posts, read 26,293,318 times
Reputation: 3987
we had our resident thief kid move back in with his dad recently and hopefully he knows I'm looking at him all the time just waiting for him to make a mistake.. He needs to not be here and if he messes with my property that'll happen sooner than he's probably thinking...
 
Old 04-21-2008, 04:13 PM
 
Location: College Station, Texas
121 posts, read 440,219 times
Reputation: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
Sorry to hear about your loss. How did they get in?

I don't know of any alleys in Westcreek. Are you referring to the green belt where the power lines are?

What kind of scooter was stolen? We walk our dogs daily through there and will gladly keep an eye out for the stolen goods.
We believe they got in by breaking the lock on one of the garage doors.

Those are supposed to be green belts? They look like overgrown lots to me. But yes, where the powerlines run, I live on Chippington in Royal Oaks.

I don't know the brand, we bought it at a charity auction, but it is a yellow electric scooter.
 
Old 04-21-2008, 07:44 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
1,289 posts, read 3,334,605 times
Reputation: 917
Last Tuesday evening walking south on Kingslayer we came across two cars of teenagers who came into the street from the right of here along the fence:
Google Maps

Definitely out of place. I didn't see anything untoward (all were empty handed) but I did give them the once over visually just to make sure they knew that I knew they didn't belong.

I hate to think that maybe they were involved and I didn't get the license plate numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:57 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top