U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-12-2010, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
13,807 posts, read 26,302,376 times
Reputation: 3987

Advertisements

I meant north and central United States, like the Dakotas and that region. You can't escape it just by moving to a different part of this city.

 
Old 02-12-2010, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Kallison Ranch, San Antonio,TX.
1,668 posts, read 3,353,647 times
Reputation: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008 View Post
OMG!!! My friend's house just got broken into buy those darn theif's i just told you about on Monday or Tuesday. He lives in The Oaks on fox ford (covasack). This time they came back into his subdivision knocking on door's double checking who's home and who's not. One of his neihbor's saw the everything happen in front of her eye's after seeing them letting the dog run out of the yard and then seeing them walking in and out, what caught her attention was them carrying out some armor and called police letting them know that her neighbor was being robbed, she was in shock and was afraid to come out of her house to get the license plate, police arrived within 5minutes, sad to say they got away, again!!!

EVERYONE PLEASE KEEP YOU'R EYE'S OPEN FOR A LIGHT BROWN YELLOW LAB DOG RUNNING AROUND SCARED, LOST, WEARING TAG'S AND IS VERY FRIENDLY. HOPE WE CAN FIND HIM SOON BEFORE HE GETS RUNNED OVER, POLICE SAY THEY SAW THE DOG ON THEIR WAY IN FROM THE CLOCK TOWER.

Here is the discrption that was report to the police; 2 african american men wearing sweat shirts or jacket with hoodie, driving a grey silver looking SUV, alittle old looking, with no license plate in the front and a yellow with orange license plate on the rear.

EVERYONE PLEASE KEEP YOU'R EYE'S OPEN AND REPORT ANY FALSE ACTIVITES YOU SEE THAT ARE NOT NORMAL AS THESE MEN ARE KNOW OR MIGHT BE CARYING THE WEAPON'S ON THEM.

THANK'S EVERYONE FOR YOU'R TIME.
I'm not making lite of the Break-in but it sounds like someone watched those suspicious asses a while before taking any action. I hope I read this wrong and that someone called the BCSD right off the bat.

If we see something /anything we need to call YESTERDAY. I know we are all smart enough to notice that something is not right.

Like me for instance. I came home tonight and saw a buttload of white rocks in the street that were scattered a good distance. I know of several neighbors (Men) that told me that they know the kids are. I guess these weenies have money to replace broken car windows, dents, broken house windows, etc. Why are people so CS to say anything when what they see is wrong? I have suspicions as to who it might be and if My Wife or I see them in the act we have no problems yelling at those damned kids and then face their Parent's. If it's who I think it is I have faced the Dad in the past. I sure as Hell am not going to let some little punks attempt to destroy anyone's property.

Please don't get me wrong. I don't have an "S" on my chest nor am I a Son of a B.... or Bully. I am however not going to tolerate wrong doing if I see it.
 
Old 02-12-2010, 07:22 PM
 
1,122 posts, read 784,086 times
Reputation: 2093
I don't believe that, RD... we have friends in "other" parts of this city and I don't see them posting the kinds of problems that seem to plague WC lately. On the other hand, we are considering going back home to Missouri... both north and central from here.
 
Old 02-12-2010, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
13,807 posts, read 26,302,376 times
Reputation: 3987
We need more of this guy: Red (2008)

great movie BTW

and yes, report someone even if you're not sure. It's better to make a mistake than regretting not acting fast enough. Turn the tables on these fools and they're nothing.

It's this whole city. Just because some don't air their dirty laundry like others doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You need a good small town to get away from the scum. Somewhere where they take care of things and don't let other things happen.
 
Old 02-12-2010, 07:35 PM
 
Location: SoCal-So Proud!
4,263 posts, read 9,695,602 times
Reputation: 1541
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
We need more of this guy: Red (2008)

great movie BTW

and yes, report someone even if you're not sure. It's better to make a mistake than regretting not acting fast enough. Turn the tables on these fools and they're nothing.

It's this whole city. Just because some don't air their dirty laundry like others doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You need a good small town to get away from the scum. Somewhere where they take care of things and don't let other things happen.
I'd be hard pressed to name a few cities with more tagging,property crime and silly police behavior than there is in SA. Don't get me started on the puppy selling on the side of the road!! Have never seen that before, anywhere, and I would feel comfortable telling you that I have "done a fair amount of travel".
 
Old 02-12-2010, 07:39 PM
 
Location: Kallison Ranch, San Antonio,TX.
1,668 posts, read 3,353,647 times
Reputation: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
That tag color sounds kinda like a New Mexico plate.
I just looked at all 50 State Plates and New Mexico's would be very close to those colors
 
Old 02-12-2010, 08:36 PM
 
18 posts, read 21,953 times
Reputation: 35
I did some on-line checking for the LED signs. I checked two sites and came up with this. I figured 2 signs (one for leaving and one for coming in) at the following entrances Military, Westcreek Oaks and Grosenbacher, then one sign at the Community Center and one on the Westcreek View entrance. These signs are between 18 inches and 30 inches tall and five feet to six feet wide. The cost for the single sided signs range from $3800.00 to $5,496.00 each. Double sided signs at the three main entrances are $10,276.00 each. Total cost without installation costs range from $30,400.00 to $41,820.00. That's alot of $15 - $20 reuseable signs.
 
Old 02-13-2010, 05:37 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
7,629 posts, read 14,347,560 times
Reputation: 18705
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I'd be hard pressed to name a few cities with more tagging,property crime and silly police behavior than there is in SA. Don't get me started on the puppy selling on the side of the road!! Have never seen that before, anywhere, and I would feel comfortable telling you that I have "done a fair amount of travel".
If you look at the cities over 500,000K on this listing for crime statistics, you will find San Diego ranked DIRECTLY ABOVE San Antonio (San Diego #7 vs San Antonio #8) making it what, the NEXT safest city?????

City Crime Rankings by Population Group

For the price of housing,cost of living difference, living in a state that is about to go under financially and all you owe annually in state income tax, doesn't seem to be a fair "upgrade" in safety to me at all....

San Diego, San Antonio, small town USA...there is crime everywhere...like it or not. Considering that the cost of housing in San Diego is 175% more, doesn't seem to me like you are getting your $$$ worth only moving up one place on the "Safety" level chart.

California has the highest incident of HIV infection in all the 50 states...does that mean it will directly impact you or your family because you happen to live there??? No....

BTW, San San Antonio ranks only ONE above San Diego in murder rate statistics...another little comfort given that you seem to think you are escaping from hell and moving to heaven.

You can use many reasons to justify your move to San Diego (weather, proximity to the Yacht club, Ocean, more experienced Plastic Surgeons) as reasoning, but crime is NOT all that different for cities of their size. Something funny I discovered in reviewing these stats online is you are WAY more likely to have your car stolen in San Diego than in San Antonio...who would have guessed????

Last edited by Paka; 02-13-2010 at 06:18 AM..
 
Old 02-13-2010, 06:22 AM
 
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
13,807 posts, read 26,302,376 times
Reputation: 3987
but in San Diego there are areas you can go where they do not tolerate it. Coronado comes to mind. If a crime occurs, the police take a beating for it and they are always out in force doing their job. Definitely something SAPD and BCSD could look into doing..

but back to Westcreek. Nice waking up to crisp air and frost on my front lawn One of my favorite things about living here is how you can wake up and not hear a thing. Silence is wonderful.
 
Old 02-13-2010, 07:18 AM
 
Location: SoCal-So Proud!
4,263 posts, read 9,695,602 times
Reputation: 1541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
If you look at the cities over 500,000K on this listing for crime statistics, you will find San Diego ranked DIRECTLY ABOVE San Antonio (San Diego #7 vs San Antonio #8) making it what, the NEXT safest city?????

City Crime Rankings by Population Group

For the price of housing,cost of living difference, living in a state that is about to go under financially and all you owe annually in state income tax, doesn't seem to be a fair "upgrade" in safety to me at all....

San Diego, San Antonio, small town USA...there is crime everywhere...like it or not. Considering that the cost of housing in San Diego is 175% more, doesn't seem to me like you are getting your $$$ worth only moving up one place on the "Safety" level chart.

California has the highest incident of HIV infection in all the 50 states...does that mean it will directly impact you or your family because you happen to live there??? No....

BTW, San San Antonio ranks only ONE above San Diego in murder rate statistics...another little comfort given that you seem to think you are escaping from hell and moving to heaven.

You can use many reasons to justify your move to San Diego (weather, proximity to the Yacht club, Ocean, more experienced Plastic Surgeons) as reasoning, but crime is NOT all that different for cities of their size. Something funny I discovered in reviewing these stats online is you are WAY more likely to have your car stolen in San Diego than in San Antonio...who would have guessed????
All of that would be relevant if we were moving to the City of San Diego..which we aren't! We'll be about 25 miles North in Solana Beach. I know the area very well after having lived in it for years. Crime rate where we'll be is much, much different. I am escaping from hell, trust me.
Money isn't an issue here. We'll enjoy.
RD- Hope there's some frost left when I land in about 2 hours. Posting this from DFW. Plenty of snow on the ground here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:28 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top