Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2010, 05:47 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times

Advertisements

We'll all have to compare our responses Monday Evening.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:40 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,423 times
I posted this on the 1604 Potranco thread but for those who don't see it there...

I also just called Sivage builders at Trophy Ridge to very nicely complain about the 8x8 plywood sign they have erected on 1604 near Westcreek Oaks. Vickie Clark at 210.260.7707 is who I spoke with. She was very nice and said she would let her management know about the complaints. I told her that other residents were discussing it and were afraid that other builders would put up similar signs in litter the area. I have also reported this via 311.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:39 PM

I know, I know, I know, the Common Fence Situation is Old Hatl but I sincerely hope that our new BOD has a different Webster's to clarify the meaning of the word Maintenance. Hopefully then the burden will not be placed soley upon the Homeowner.

Ok. All of that was for a reason. Today during work I had to go over to the Ingram Park Mall area. As you drive from the back side of the Mall down Wurzbach towards Bandera Road there is a Subdivision, Villas of Ingram Hills, sitting back on the Left (I think KB started it) The Subdivision is comprised of many small two story , one car garage, mini yard, Townhomes, cars parked upon yards, etc. It's pretty ratty in some areas and there appears to be a buttload of rentals, more than likely some Section 8.

You wouldn't think to see it but there is an HOA managed by Spectrum Association Management. I never saw a playground, pool, etc. althought they may be there somewhere.

Anyway to my story. I observed to construction of a 6" tall Concrete Fence with a wood look. It was damn sharp! Every so often there are wrought iron, deadbolt lock, ates that open to the sidewalk. After doing some research I was told that the Homeowners' are paying for the gates (not all homes have gates) and the HOA is paying for the fence. Upon further research I found that the estimated price per linear foot is $50.00 plus /minus installed. (There are various factors involved including soil and rock conditions) The product had a LIFETIME WARRANTY. There will never be a need to build anymore wooden fences or see mismatched fence staining. The concrete fences also cut down on traffic noise. I would guess that there is as much fence there as we have here.

This fence when complete is going to make that run of the mill Subdivision Look Sharp.Just think of what it would do to WC. I would like to ask you all to visit the area to see the fence and the way it is put up. From the best of limited construction knowledge it appears that the conctete poles are set approx. 6' apart. Each post has grooves on either sides and the concrete panels slide down into place. Sure the cost would be high going in but if we consider the long term life of the fence it is a win win deal for all of us. I sure as hell I new this before the Adhoc Fence Committee was formed.

Visit this site and you can see some fence examples www.maconconcreteproducts.com

Even though I don't know what their dues are I am in Awe that the HOA is paying for the fence(s) I can only ask why that was never done in WC even when there was the 50-50 arrangement. Oh heck I just figured it out. They use a different Dictionary than our HOA!

Old 02-16-2010, 12:25 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,669,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
...Anyway to my story. I observed to construction of a 6" tall Concrete Fence with a wood look. It was damn sharp! Every so often there are wrought iron, deadbolt lock, ates that open to the sidewalk. After doing some research I was told that the Homeowners' are paying for the gates (not all homes have gates) and the HOA is paying for the fence. Upon further research I found that the estimated price per linear foot is $50.00 plus /minus installed. (There are various factors involved including soil and rock conditions) The product had a LIFETIME WARRANTY. There will never be a need to build anymore wooden fences or see mismatched fence staining. The concrete fences also cut down on traffic noise. I would guess that there is as much fence there as we have here.

This fence when complete is going to make that run of the mill Subdivision Look Sharp.Just think of what it would do to WC. I would like to ask you all to visit the area to see the fence and the way it is put up. From the best of limited construction knowledge it appears that the conctete poles are set approx. 6' apart. Each post has grooves on either sides and the concrete panels slide down into place. Sure the cost would be high going in but if we consider the long term life of the fence it is a win win deal for all of us. I sure as hell I new this before the Adhoc Fence Committee was formed.

Visit this site and you can see some fence examples www.maconconcreteproducts.com...

The fences in the link look similar to other KB neighborhoods (Sundance Trails/Ridge, Cobblestone, and our KB neighbors Caracol Creek's fence along Potranco).

Old 02-16-2010, 02:18 PM

No reply so far from the CoSA City Councilmen or the Mayor. The Sivage (Trophy Ridge) sign is still there. I've called 311 twice, a week apart.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:23 PM

No reply here either.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:41 PM

Steel Man- When I first began seeking information yesterday I spoke to two of the Installers who kept telling me how simple and quick the process went. The hardest thing they said was digging the holes which involved a Breaker Bar -A must for every San Antonian's Tool Shed.

I then spoke to the Contactor and then to a very nice Man who was from Macon Concrete products. He named a bunch of Subdivision's / HOA's that they have built for which included several High Dollar North /Northwest ones.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:48 PM

wc2005- One suggestion would be to contact 311 and ask for one of the City Sign Inspectors. As you know even though the property is within the County the Sign Ordinace still applies.

On another note the White Dodge Pickup with the two right flat tires still has two flat tires. (this makes week four) I have not heard anything from the HOA (I've left messages for two Staff Members) I've got to re read our Documents to see if I am b....... about something where nothing can be done.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
wc2005- One suggestion would be to contact 311 and ask for one of the City Sign Inspectors. As you know even though the property is within the County the Sign Ordinace still applies.

On another note the White Dodge Pickup with the two right flat tires still has two flat tires. (this makes week four) I have not heard anything from the HOA (I've left messages for two Staff Members) I've got to re read our Documents to see if I am b....... about something where nothing can be done.
I've called 311 twice...once they connected me with TXDOT and once the 311 operator filed the complaint.You are correct about the flat tires...it is considered inoperable and should be repaired or removed. If on the street, contact BCSO...if in the driveway, the HOA should write it up.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:12 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,734,315 times
I thought San Antonio issued a memorandum of sorts that says private citizens can remove illegal signs. Don't know if this for the signs on telephone poles only or if it may apply in this case. Other than that, a sharp chainsaw on an early Sun morning should take of the problem.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio