U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-13-2010, 08:30 AM
 
Location: Kallison Ranch, San Antonio,TX.
1,668 posts, read 3,350,092 times
Reputation: 720

Advertisements

I sure hope the mean, bored, unsupervised kids in Westcreek have enough to keep them busy this Spring Break. I would hate to hear of more vehicle, home vandalism, Graffiti, etc.

 
Old 03-13-2010, 08:49 AM
 
1,119 posts, read 781,135 times
Reputation: 2092
Wellguy,
Had to walk down there and look... the big problem is in front of 12614 and 12611 Pt. Canyon... you will see the problem and latest "patch"... which was #5. I think Gehan was the original developer of Highpoint (not impressed with Gehan at all).
 
Old 03-13-2010, 10:32 AM
 
184 posts, read 408,527 times
Reputation: 94
me and some of my friends are playing flag football today at the sports park around 1PM if anyone from westcreek is interested
 
Old 03-13-2010, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Kallison Ranch, San Antonio,TX.
1,668 posts, read 3,350,092 times
Reputation: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Wellguy,
Had to walk down there and look... the big problem is in front of 12614 and 12611 Pt. Canyon... you will see the problem and latest "patch"... which was #5. I think Gehan was the original developer of Highpoint (not impressed with Gehan at all).
Thanks for the information. I was told that we were there approx 02/15 to repair damage by BC Public Works. This was a Water Probem though.

A work order was submitted during my phone call and it appears that the site will be visited today. If it does appear to be our responsibility I would doubt any work would be started today but they can get the ball rolling. If you see the SAWS Folks feel free to ask them any questions you or others may have.

I hate to say this since I'm making an assumption but it does appear that BCPW and SAWS have inherited a total mess caused by Gehan Home's Utility Contractor. Unfortunately all of us will end up paying for their poor quality work.
 
Old 03-13-2010, 08:42 PM
 
Location: Western Bexar County
3,823 posts, read 13,343,533 times
Reputation: 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Thanks for the information. I was told that we were there approx 02/15 to repair damage by BC Public Works. This was a Water Probem though.

A work order was submitted during my phone call and it appears that the site will be visited today. If it does appear to be our responsibility I would doubt any work would be started today but they can get the ball rolling. If you see the SAWS Folks feel free to ask them any questions you or others may have.

I hate to say this since I'm making an assumption but it does appear that BCPW and SAWS have inherited a total mess caused by Gehan Home's Utility Contractor. Unfortunately all of us will end up paying for their poor quality work.
When did Gehan start building in Highpoint? I thought it was only Lenar, Armadillo, and a third builder (I think Century Homes), but not Gehan. The only Gehan homes in this area I know of are in Gordon's Grove further down Talley Road.

Also, what's with every street in that area starting with the word "Point"?
Real original, but I guess they were trying to make a point.
 
Old 03-14-2010, 12:29 AM
 
18 posts, read 21,935 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
When did Gehan start building in Highpoint? I thought it was only Lenar, Armadillo, and a third builder (I think Century Homes), but not Gehan. The only Gehan homes in this area I know of are in Gordon's Grove further down Talley Road.

Also, what's with every street in that area starting with the word "Point"?
Real original, but I guess they were trying to make a point.
Lennar started building in 2006, I believe, but you are correct that Armadillo and Century Classic were the first 2. There is one street in Highpoint that doesn't start and that is Park Point. Gehan was the developer not the builder unless he has some vested interests in the builders named.
 
Old 03-14-2010, 05:23 AM
 
Location: Kallison Ranch, San Antonio,TX.
1,668 posts, read 3,350,092 times
Reputation: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
When did Gehan start building in Highpoint? I thought it was only Lenar, Armadillo, and a third builder (I think Century Homes), but not Gehan. The only Gehan homes in this area I know of are in Gordon's Grove further down Talley Road.

Also, what's with every street in that area starting with the word "Point"?
Real original, but I guess they were trying to make a point.
NCSFSH1PILOT is correct. Gehan Homes LTD was the Developer and I as far as I know they never built any Homes there. At least I never saw a Sales Office, Signs, and most attractive of all a Ginormous GEHAN HOMES Flag. According to BCAD the company still owns some property (lots) in Highpoint.

As far as the streets starting with Point its' no different from some of the WC Village Names. For instance The Hollow? Our Village is not within a Hollow or does the surronding area resemble one. The Estates? (I'll just have to my imagination on this one) Although the homes are nice they are in no way what anyone would consider Estate Homes. I will admit it's a good way for me to get ass backwards when I drive into a Subdivision with streets like "Point" this, "Creek" that, and worst of all the Five Palms /Peasall Road area with streets with this or that "Valley". Thank goodness I have current Street Guides, Reading Glasses, and a Staff in our Emergency Operations Center that can get me to where I need to get just in case I'm at my wits end.

I will admit though having a Desk Job and coming up with Street, Subdivision, and School names wouldn't be all that bad.

Last edited by wellguy; 03-14-2010 at 05:32 AM..
 
Old 03-15-2010, 08:09 AM
 
71 posts, read 98,859 times
Reputation: 49
As Spring break is here know and not to mention the school kids are out starting there rounds. This morning around 445a the big dogs in are street started barking like crazy, they stopped and started again 10 minutes later so I get in my car to do a few rounds and I see 4 guys (white) with black shirts and hoodies, 2 of them had white shirts covering over their hands so I drive slowly in the direction they are walking towards (into a Cul-de-sac) and I see them checking the doors on a black car that was parked on the street knowing im driving right next to them, so I head all the way in to the Cul-de-sac (to see what house they live at), as im parked there watching them I see one of them start using his cell phone walked straight into the creek (inside the cul-de-sac in Creek Gate) so I turned around to meet them on military and I see them pacing on the sidewalk at that point I called BCSD and gave them all the info. So I drove all the way up to the HOA office and turned back and they guys were no where to be seen, I did notice a vehicle parked inside the Gardens with it low beam lights on I'm sure they got picked up. However I patrolled my subdivision from 445a -7a just to see if I would see them again and nothing, Officers got to the location within 5 minutes after I made the call and they did check the creek found nothing and patrolled the area.

This Week will be tough fighting crime, WE HO need to look out for one another and report anything that is out of the ordinary.
 
Old 03-15-2010, 10:34 AM
 
872 posts, read 1,632,436 times
Reputation: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008 View Post
As Spring break is here know and not to mention the school kids are out starting there rounds. This morning around 445a the big dogs in are street started barking like crazy, they stopped and started again 10 minutes later so I get in my car to do a few rounds and I see 4 guys (white) with black shirts and hoodies, 2 of them had white shirts covering over their hands so I drive slowly in the direction they are walking towards (into a Cul-de-sac) and I see them checking the doors on a black car that was parked on the street knowing im driving right next to them, so I head all the way in to the Cul-de-sac (to see what house they live at), as im parked there watching them I see one of them start using his cell phone walked straight into the creek (inside the cul-de-sac in Creek Gate) so I turned around to meet them on military and I see them pacing on the sidewalk at that point I called BCSD and gave them all the info. So I drove all the way up to the HOA office and turned back and they guys were no where to be seen, I did notice a vehicle parked inside the Gardens with it low beam lights on I'm sure they got picked up. However I patrolled my subdivision from 445a -7a just to see if I would see them again and nothing, Officers got to the location within 5 minutes after I made the call and they did check the creek found nothing and patrolled the area.

This Week will be tough fighting crime, WE HO need to look out for one another and report anything that is out of the ordinary.
Great job on your part! Keep it up.
 
Old 03-15-2010, 01:55 PM
 
71 posts, read 98,859 times
Reputation: 49
Does anyone know what is going on out by the sports park, police are out there running down the Creeks and coming out of the Gardens subdivision? This was about 10 minutes ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top