U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-22-2010, 08:43 AM
 
Location: SoCal-So Proud!
4,263 posts, read 9,715,835 times
Reputation: 1551

Advertisements

More property crime over the weekend. Cars were hit Saturday night in Country Oaks, The Estates and Highpoint.

 
Old 03-22-2010, 09:05 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
1,289 posts, read 3,344,050 times
Reputation: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
More property crime over the weekend. Cars were hit Saturday night in Country Oaks, The Estates and Highpoint.
Burglarized? Vandalized? I live in Country Oaks, where'd you get the info?

Thanks for passing the info on btw.
 
Old 03-22-2010, 10:48 AM
 
186 posts, read 306,346 times
Reputation: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
More property crime over the weekend. Cars were hit Saturday night in Country Oaks, The Estates and Highpoint.
A great many strangers in our community were also observed Saturday night between 12 & 5am.There was also a large & what appeared to be past curfew underage juvenile party on Crumpet. They were spilling out into the street...trash all over the place. I'm chalking it up to it being the last part night of spring break. Cars parked on the curb occupied by kids in various stages of undress. That spot light can be very revealing. A lot of the suspicious vehicles ran when attempts were made to close the distance for the purpose of recording license plate #'s. It's been observed that WC attracts types that come into the community and park because its dark. Big party was also going on at the Community Center. On several weekends it has been observed that a platoon of vehicles train through WC. Sure could use more active community involvement patrolling WC. In addition it appears that the sports park lights are out...I didn't know we had foxes hanging around the trash cans out there.

Last edited by Cerberus01; 03-22-2010 at 11:09 AM..
 
Old 03-22-2010, 11:02 AM
 
Location: SoCal-So Proud!
4,263 posts, read 9,715,835 times
Reputation: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
Burglarized? Vandalized? I live in Country Oaks, where'd you get the info?

Thanks for passing the info on btw.
Burglarized. These were cars that were parked on the street/in driveways. I was talking to a BCSO officer yesterday. I also confirmed with one of the homeowners.
Last week, I tailed (at a good distance) a white van that was moving slowly through The Gardens and The Estates. Back and forth between the 2 villages in broad daylight (around 1 PM) for about 30 minutes.He finally recognized that I was on to him...and he drove away. I reported the license plate.
Even though we're outta here next month, I don't like this crap at all and won't put up with it.
 
Old 03-22-2010, 11:20 AM
 
Location: SoCal-So Proud!
4,263 posts, read 9,715,835 times
Reputation: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus01 View Post
A great many strangers in our community were also observed Saturday night between 12 & 5am.There was also a large & what appeared to be past curfew underage juvenile party on Crumpet. They were spilling out into the street...trash all over the place. I'm chalking it up to it being the last part night of spring break. Cars parked on the curb occupied by kids in various stages of undress. That spot light can be very revealing. A lot of the suspicious vehicles ran when attempts were made to close the distance for the purpose of recording license plate #'s. It's been observed that WC attracts types that come into the community and park because its dark. Big party was also going on at the Community Center. On several weekends it has been observed that a platoon of vehicles train through WC. Sure could use more active community involvement patrolling WC. In addition it appears that the sports park lights are out...I didn't know we had foxes hanging around the trash cans out there.

That's some good info.
 
Old 03-25-2010, 06:02 AM
 
872 posts, read 1,638,095 times
Reputation: 440
Glad that storm didn't last too long last night. That was some hard rain but at least the hail wasn't large.
 
Old 03-25-2010, 06:18 AM
 
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
13,807 posts, read 26,352,187 times
Reputation: 3989
That was some pretty serious hail. Glad my garage is used for actually storing vehicles
 
Old 03-25-2010, 01:03 PM
 
71 posts, read 99,154 times
Reputation: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Burglarized. These were cars that were parked on the street/in driveways. I was talking to a BCSO officer yesterday. I also confirmed with one of the homeowners.
Last week, I tailed (at a good distance) a white van that was moving slowly through The Gardens and The Estates. Back and forth between the 2 villages in broad daylight (around 1 PM) for about 30 minutes.He finally recognized that I was on to him...and he drove away. I reported the license plate.
Even though we're outta here next month, I don't like this crap at all and won't put up with it.
That's some good 411. Great job on your side, keep it up hopefully one day they will stop coming around and notice that homeowner's are being more arware of the crime. Here are some suspious vehicle to look out for; White van like you mentioned above, Silver Escalde alil run down with nice looking rims & tires with new mexico license plates, Dark Green Jimmy Blazer, and red little pickup truck.
 
Old 03-25-2010, 02:31 PM
 
186 posts, read 306,346 times
Reputation: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008 View Post
That's some good 411. Great job on your side, keep it up hopefully one day they will stop coming around and notice that homeowner's are being more arware of the crime. Here are some suspious vehicle to look out for; White van like you mentioned above, Silver Escalde alil run down with nice looking rims & tires with new mexico license plates, Dark Green Jimmy Blazer, and red little pickup truck.

The Escalade also has a broken left rear tail lamp (it might appeared to be taped up).
 
Old 03-25-2010, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
13,807 posts, read 26,352,187 times
Reputation: 3989
what were these vehicles doing that was suspicious? and I'm not calling you out, I actually am glad people notice things like this and want more info if you have any. I'm all for being over cautious.

Also, I had a security system sales guy stop by my house the other day. He said he's hawking some product made by GE and gave me a cheap looking flyer that wasn't very impressive. I just don't trust these people and made sure he was aware the current system works just fine, was just tested, upgraded, and accidentally had BCSD out thanks to my daughter not closing the door in the garage all the way.. Also let him know those were four dogs he heard on the other side of the door and there were plenty of loaded and ready guns in case everything else fails. That at least finally got him to give up and leave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top