U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2010, 10:38 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,374,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
and......?
and CA is will be equally as happy to have you back paying taxes again?????

Old 04-04-2010, 10:40 AM

4,263 posts, read 9,711,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
and CA is will be equally as happy to have you back paying taxes again?????
Yup! They "is will" be happy.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:15 PM

5,615 posts, read 12,826,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
I'm sure your friends and neighbors will miss your sparkling personality and "ray of sunshine" comments....
I will - this forum might turn into an echo chamber of sorts without the voice of something different.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:58 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,741,834 times
Folks, the time for the Candidates meeting has been on the website for a while now - on the ticker. I added the pop-up last week.

Link to pop-up:
http://www.villagesofwestcreek.com/meetcandidates.html (broken link)

Pic of ticker:
Attached Thumbnails
Villages of Westcreek-times.jpg  

Old 04-04-2010, 04:06 PM

56 posts, read 67,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Folks, the time for the Candidates meeting has been on the website for a while now - on the ticker. I added the pop-up last week.

Link to pop-up:
http://www.villagesofwestcreek.com/meetcandidates.html (broken link)

Pic of ticker:
That is so strange. I clicked on the "Click here" on your scrolling marqee and it was not there yesterday. In fact it went to the Karate advertisement.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:56 PM

80 posts, read 122,912 times
Since we are new to the village either my husband or I plan on attending the meet and greet. We really want to make an inform decision before voting. The both of us will probably not be in attendance since we have young kids and wouldn't want to bring them. I've been tellin my husband about the forum and all the comments being made about the village so we decided to take off our rose colored glasses and venture to a few other subdivision. We went down Talley Rd and we did see A LOT of graffiti and I hope it gets cleaned soon. But again while at the park with my children on Saturday I met more Village Homeowners who love the neighborhood and had nothing but good things to say. So I decided to put my rose-colored glasses back on.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:08 PM

872 posts, read 1,637,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reserve at WC View Post
Since we are new to the village either my husband or I plan on attending the meet and greet. We really want to make an inform decision before voting. The both of us will probably not be in attendance since we have young kids and wouldn't want to bring them. I've been tellin my husband about the forum and all the comments being made about the village so we decided to take off our rose colored glasses and venture to a few other subdivision. We went down Talley Rd and we did see A LOT of graffiti and I hope it gets cleaned soon. But again while at the park with my children on Saturday I met more Village Homeowners who love the neighborhood and had nothing but good things to say. So I decided to put my rose-colored glasses back on.
Overall, the neighborhood is great. Yes, there is graffiti in some areas but not nearly as bad as other parts of town. Yes, there is some crime but what do you expect with about 3,400 homes in a city of over 1 million people? The biggest and most consistent complaint that people seem to have is the lack of competence in running the HOA. The BOD seems to be on a power trip and doesn't listen to the desires of homeowners (sounds like our government but thats a different topic). There is a lot of suspicion about the BOD because they choose not to communicate with homeowners. The budget is over $1 MILLION per year for two swimming pools, a tennis court, a basketball court, a community center, some grass to cut, and a staff that is too large for the work that is done. Property taxes are very minimal (check www.bcad.org for yourself). Some on the BOD have stated that annual assessments need to be at least $400. At 3,400 homes, that would be $1,360,000 just in assessments. The community center, sports park, yard sales, sports, and classes also bring in money. This is some of the reasons that you see the complaints like you do on here.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:24 PM

80 posts, read 122,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Overall, the neighborhood is great. Yes, there is graffiti in some areas but not nearly as bad as other parts of town. Yes, there is some crime but what do you expect with about 3,400 homes in a city of over 1 million people? The biggest and most consistent complaint that people seem to have is the lack of competence in running the HOA. The BOD seems to be on a power trip and doesn't listen to the desires of homeowners (sounds like our government but thats a different topic). There is a lot of suspicion about the BOD because they choose not to communicate with homeowners. The budget is over $1 MILLION per year for two swimming pools, a tennis court, a basketball court, a community center, some grass to cut, and a staff that is too large for the work that is done. Property taxes are very minimal (check www.bcad.org for yourself). Some on the BOD have stated that annual assessments need to be at least $400. At 3,400 homes, that would be $1,360,000 just in assessments. The community center, sports park, yard sales, sports, and classes also bring in money. This is some of the reasons that you see the complaints like you do on here.
I hear what you are saying. The graffiti was horrible in my last neighborhood. After the New Year we literally had firework trash and graffiti all over the side walk. We had neighborhoods that would party until hours into the wee morning and it didn't matter what day of the week it was. Kids that would play basketball in the middle of the street and would not move when a car was coming. Neighbors who would park cars on their grass, in YOUR driveway, and let their young kids wander the neighborhood alone. It was really bad and we had an HOA that really tried. It was just the homeowners and/or renters who didn't care and the HOA could only do so much. I don't understand how people can pay so much money for something and not care about it's upkeep.

I really hope they don't raise the annual assessments. Living at the Reserve we have to pay two HOA's as is. But if they do we'll adapt, adjust and move forward.

I really want to make an informed decision which is why I'm looking forward to the canidate meet and greet. I'm trying to pass the word to my neighbors about next Saturday. Hopefully there will be a good turnout and I'll meet some of you then.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:08 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,741,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
That is so strange. I clicked on the "Click here" on your scrolling marqee and it was not there yesterday. In fact it went to the Karate advertisement.

Hmm. Yup, the "click here" part was left over from a Karate announcement that was there, forgot to remove it. But, the times have been there.

I made several updates tonight - if you folks see anything out of place, pls let me know! I can correct web mistakes/problems, but if there is an issue with content you'll have to contact the office. I'm just the web guy.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:42 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,368,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Yup! They "is will" be happy.
And California is just shaking with joy to see you again!

Two killed, 100 injured in Mexican earthquake - CNN.com

My mother in La Verne felt the quake today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio