U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2010, 01:16 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,336,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usaf88 View Post
On it, will do here in the next few minutes.
Thanks. Ask your friend as well.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:33 PM

4 posts, read 4,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
I hope you called the info in to BCSO, if you didn't please do so.

Again, please call this info in to the BCSO. Every little bit of information we provide helps.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:52 PM

4 posts, read 4,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usaf88 View Post
Also talked with all surrounding neighbors to be on the lookout, as we should all look out for each other. That's why we love Westcreek. We should all know each other's vehicles and know who comes and goes that doesn't belong. Great thing about living in a cul de sac.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:56 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,306,140 times
Hopefully BCSD will actually do something this time. I was not impressed at all by their "detective work" a couple weeks ago. All these people wanting to buy cars is definitely suspicious and that is most likely not their purpose. Residents need to step up and make these people feel not welcome at all. There is absolutely nothing wrong with meeting someone at your door with a gun or having one in clear view. You didn't ask them to come to your door, they took it upon themselves to invite themselves over.
That obviously doesn't apply to Girl Scouts trying to sell cookies, though

Old 04-12-2010, 02:01 PM

797 posts, read 2,739,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
I hope you called the info in to BCSO, if you didn't please do so.

Again, please call this info in to the BCSO. Every little bit of information we provide helps.
I agree we all need to be good neighbors and keep a watch out for suspicious activity, however I'm not sure we aren't over reacting a little. I found the note my DH saved with the name and number of the guy looking to buy cars for cash. My oldest daughter (17yr old) is the one who answered the door she described him as a normal Hispanic guy, spoke clear english, in his early 30's, dressed casually, not sloppy and not tattooed. I checked the number on reverse look-up and it is a cell number out of San Benito, TX. It's not the best way to get business but not unheard of. I have sold a car for cash from my driveway before from a passer by when we lived in WA.

BTW: my van is an old ugly thing and is worth squat. I think they may be looking for parts vehicles.

Old 04-12-2010, 02:01 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,336,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Hopefully BCSD will actually do something this time. I was not impressed at all by their "detective work" a couple weeks ago.
I wasn't terribly impressed either. They did respond rather quickly however I live in Country Oaks and I'm positive he only drove around ours and perhaps Royal Oaks before reporting back to me that nothing was found. IMHO unless he had a more pressing issue it would have been a good idea to drive the entire subdivision..........also I emailed the information to the HOA yesterday.....3 p.m. and no response from them

Old 04-12-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplacelikeWA View Post
I agree we all need to be good neighbors and keep a watch out for suspicious activity, however I'm not sure we aren't over reacting a little. I found the note my DH saved with the name and number of the guy looking to buy cars for cash. My oldest daughter (17yr old) is the one who answered the door she described him as a normal Hispanic guy, spoke clear english, in his early 30's, dressed casually, not sloppy and not tattooed. I checked the number on reverse look-up and it is a cell number out of San Benito, TX. It's not the best way to get business but not unheard of. I have sold a car for cash from my driveway before from a passer by when we lived in WA.
One incident or one person doing it wouldn't be bad, but this appears to be several incidents of different individuals. It could very well be a group of individuals from the same organization, but it could also be something more nefarious.. I personally prefer to err on the side of caution and make strangers feel not invited. Probably not the nicest way to be, but I'm not the nicest guy in the world if I don't know you.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:32 PM

1,122 posts, read 784,836 times
My neighbor just drove by and saw a child was hit by a car near Ott... she stayed until ambulance and police came. Hope the child is ok. Flashing school zone lights were already off.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:05 PM

Wonder if it was by that crosswalk just past the school if you're driving away from Potranco. I've seen several adults use that crosswalk like it was magical. They just stepped out onto it ASSuming cars would instantly stop for them. In the evening it is hard to see, even though that obviously wasn't the case this time. Parents need to remind their kids that them having the right of way doesn't trump physics and they should make sure the driver actually sees them out there (isn't too bothered with their cell phone or other pressing matter). Hopefully the child is OK.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:10 AM

4,263 posts, read 9,697,132 times
Default A little more info...

A 4-year-old girl who ran into traffic and was struck by a vehicle in West Bexar County was hospitalized with head trauma, but was expected to survive, officials said.

Girl hit by car hospitalized
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio