U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-15-2010, 06:59 PM
 
Location: WC
23 posts, read 24,698 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
Thanks Hoot Owl! Just get a little testy when I know someone is not being truthful on the forum.
Truthful....who are you saying is being untruthful? Moderator cut: see comment If you have the truth them put it out there or maybe it is just your own opinion...

Last edited by Bo; 04-15-2010 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: It's fine to disagree, but against the rules to get personal when you do it.

 
Old 04-15-2010, 07:04 PM
 
Location: WC
23 posts, read 24,698 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyo View Post
I don't know or care who this person is, but they are not one of the ones that started HOW so with that said you would have to ask yourself how much of what they said is true if any. Many of you know who I am and I think that is fine. I don't post often because I don't like people hiding behind pen names.
then why do you hide behind your pen name...or maybe your just hiding something. I believe he was one of the starting members and I believe nobody shows up to the meeting just like he said. I however do not believe you because you havent said anything.
 
Old 04-15-2010, 07:15 PM
 
Location: WC
23 posts, read 24,698 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
Boy, you got your facts totally wrong dude. This event was set up by the Homeowners Association and not HOW. In your original post you said that you started HOW. Well then, I guess you are admitting that you wanted the group to be a so called "Hit Squad".

Thank God you are no longer involved! Since your on this tyraid I do believe the fellow in the back of the room who stood up and thanked the HOA for putting this event on was one of the HOW Leaders. He also went on to thank the candidates, the nominating committee and homeowners who showed up. He certainly didn't seem radical to me.

You say that Cher said she would lie, steel and cheat at the meeting last week. Well dear friend, that is totally untrue and you know it. She never said those words and now we know who the liar is.
He never said Cher said those words at the meeting last week...I believe he said those word were spoken at a HOW meeting...get your facts straight...DS I would have left also if the group was heading in a different direction than I had hoped...keep drinking the KOOL-AID
 
Old 04-15-2010, 07:18 PM
 
5 posts, read 5,643 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
Boy, you got your facts totally wrong dude. This event was set up by the Homeowners Association and not HOW. In your original post you said that you started HOW. Well then, I guess you are admitting that you wanted the group to be a so called "Hit Squad".

Thank God you are no longer involved! Since your on this tyraid I do believe the fellow in the back of the room who stood up and thanked the HOA for putting this event on was one of the HOW Leaders. He also went on to thank the candidates, the nominating committee and homeowners who showed up. He certainly didn't seem radical to me.

You say that Cher said she would lie, steel and cheat at the meeting last week. Well dear friend, that is totally untrue and you know it. She never said those words and now we know who the liar is.

Son, this meeting was set up by Kevin Drummonds...you are completely out of the loop. This meeting was not, I repeat just for you, NOT set up by the HOA. If you have any different information then prove it at the next meeting. You shoud not put information out there that you can not back up...good day sir
 
Old 04-15-2010, 07:33 PM
 
5 posts, read 5,643 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reserve at WC View Post
When I initially read this post I thought WOW! What kind of power? Isn't the BOD nonpaid positions? Aren't all these candidates willing to give up a lot of their own free time for the good of WC? Aren't we all...well most of us mature adults? I haven't been a part of this forum long but it's hard to believe there is some huge conspiracy with HOW, HOA, homeowners or whoever. I would hope anyone who lives in WC wants the best for WC. But that's just my opinion.

On another note my husband and I attended the Meet and Greet on Saturday. I was a little disappointed in some of the questions raised by some of the homeowners but I was impressed by all the candidates. Not just the HOW endorsed. It's going to be a tough decision when we vote because my DH completely disagree on one of the candidates but nonetheless we will vote.
The power is with the beholder...that was my point. Read the last couple of months and you will see most of the people involved with HOW are a bit off the deep end. I thought it was going to be a round table of thoughts and ideas, boy was I wrong! This group will conplain about this BOD and the next BOD and so on. The problem is nobody involved with HOW has any solid facts, they go off of any rumors they hear. That is why I left the group. This group is very small and has little to no support of home owners. I agree we need to change somethings in WC but conplaining out it with out getting involved is a waste of time. Replacing the BOD is not going to help...they will run into the same problems....
 
Old 04-15-2010, 08:07 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
80 posts, read 122,645 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOW member View Post
The power is with the beholder...that was my point. Read the last couple of months and you will see most of the people involved with HOW are a bit off the deep end. I thought it was going to be a round table of thoughts and ideas, boy was I wrong! This group will conplain about this BOD and the next BOD and so on. The problem is nobody involved with HOW has any solid facts, they go off of any rumors they hear. That is why I left the group. This group is very small and has little to no support of home owners. I agree we need to change somethings in WC but conplaining out it with out getting involved is a waste of time. Replacing the BOD is not going to help...they will run into the same problems....
Honestly, HOW member if you or anyone else are that unhappy and don't think things will ever change in WC maybe you should move. As much money as we pay for houses no one should be as unhappy as you sound.

No BOD is ever going to make everyone happy. I don't know enough about HOW to comment one way or another on their value to WC but what I can see right now they are trying to do something. Most groups start off small and with little to no support and the reason large groups become large is because they gained supporters and momentum. Before long HOW could have a lot of support or they may fizzle away only time will tell.
 
Old 04-15-2010, 08:54 PM
 
Location: Kallison Ranch, San Antonio,TX.
1,668 posts, read 3,354,034 times
Reputation: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOW member View Post
I must apologize to everyone! I am the person who started HOW and man am I sorry. I am going to name names. Cher was suppose to help me get this off the ground but she has went off the deep end. I was in the last meeting and she said she will do everything in her power to lie, cheat and steal to replace every board member who goes against HOW. That is not why I started HOW and this was not my intentions. I want out of HOW and I may even consider moving out of WC because I have already received several threats from the dwindling members of HOW.

If you hear or are asked to join HOW I ask you to please consider what and who you are getting involved with...this small group of people are very angry and will stop at nothing. They have turned into a group who wants power and not the betterment of WC. If they were on the up and up everything they do would be in public and not behind closed doors. The one and only weakness is FACTS...just ask any of them for proof of anything they are saying and they will come up empty handed. Again I do apologize...
You do not need to apologize for anything. Don't feel threatened by anyone and even consider moving out. This is as much your Community as any one else's. I've been here for over 10 years and if I had a dollar for everytime I pissed someone off then.... Well I'm sure you understand that I have pissed many off but I'll be damned if anyone has the Correct Reproductive Organs to scare me out of my Community.

I like you and many others am waiting for the new BOD as I feel there will be a difference concerning the operations of WC and their relationships with Resident's. I do support HOW (although I will admit I'm not a very active member) and I have seen visible changes through their efforts. I would hate to think that anyone is on some sort of Power Trip. I've still got pretty good eyesight and I'm able to see right through that crap.
 
Old 04-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned
 
Location: Ohio
16,816 posts, read 33,147,671 times
Reputation: 13600
Some members are new here since I posted this in September of last year. Here's a reminder.

We appreciate that folks in this part of the city are passionate about issues, and enjoy coming here to discuss them. But this thread won't be allowed to continue on this forum if members don't start following this section of the Terms of Service.

Quote:
Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.
It's fine to disagree, but it has to be done without getting personal.
 
Old 04-15-2010, 09:10 PM
 
56 posts, read 67,112 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOW member View Post
Son, this meeting was set up by Kevin Drummonds...you are completely out of the loop. This meeting was not, I repeat just for you, NOT set up by the HOA. If you have any different information then prove it at the next meeting. You shoud not put information out there that you can not back up...good day sir
I'll tell you what. To settle this, why don't some of the other posters on this thread contact the HOA Office and ask the Community Manager tomorrow who sponsored this Meet and Greet the Candidates. Was it the HOA or was it HOW?

Yes, Kevin Drummonds organized the event but as a Board of Director member.

Yes, HOW was glad this event was sponsored by the HOA. THe HOA put this on and I think they did a pretty good job at it since it was the first for Westcreek.
 
Old 04-16-2010, 08:08 AM
 
173 posts, read 555,825 times
Reputation: 65
I am on the HOW distribution list I have not read anything that I find offensive or too "radical". I am excited to see a group that is really trying to IMPROVE WC. I look forward to having a new HOA board!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:53 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top