U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2010, 06:49 AM

1,128 posts, read 791,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFSH1PILOT View Post
The Reserve has a sub HOA according to the BOD. When McMillen started building they ask for and paid for (lawyers fees) for a sub HOA. The folks in the Reserve must pay both association's assessments. They must also abide by the VWOA and their association's CC&Rs and Bylaws. I believe their association is managed by a management company. I understand but am not sure of their requirement that prohibits them from parking in the street. They may have more restrictive rules but not less restrictive than the parent association - VWOA.
So, you are telling me that after me ranting about how terrible the parking is here, there is a village in my own subdivision which regulates parking? I just don't understand... I hope the best for the Reserve, but it reminds me of Highpoint 3 1/2 years ago. Don't get me wrong: I wish ALL of WC had stricter rules about yards and parking-- and that they were actually ENFORCED. For what people are paying to live in the Reserve, I hope their homes hold value.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:35 AM

80 posts, read 122,994 times
Perhaps I misspoke I don't know if they regulate parking I just know we don't have the problem that some of the posters in WC have mentioned. I do know the rules on the yards are strictly enforced because of my spouse's co-worker. I like living in the Reserve. It feels like tranquility when I turn into my subdivision at the end of a long day. The neighbors are friendly, I don't have to wait for kids to get out of the street when I'm trying to drive and when construction is complete our subdivision will be somewhat smaller than surrounds subdivisions. I really have no complaints. Now as far as the property value only time will tell if they hold. I hope so but right now I don't plan on selling so it's moot point for me.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:52 AM

1,668 posts, read 3,364,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reserve at WC View Post
Perhaps I misspoke I don't know if they regulate parking I just know we don't have the problem that some of the posters in WC have mentioned. I do know the rules on the yards are strictly enforced because of my spouse's co-worker. I like living in the Reserve. It feels like tranquility when I turn into my subdivision at the end of a long day. The neighbors are friendly, I don't have to wait for kids to get out of the street when I'm trying to drive and when construction is complete our subdivision will be somewhat smaller than surrounds subdivisions. I really have no complaints. Now as far as the property value only time will tell if they hold. I hope so but right now I don't plan on selling so it's moot point for me.
Our CC&R's and Standards need three factors to make them work:

1) The Homeowner's need to care about their Investment and respect others who keep up their homes which inturn helps the overall appearance of the Village, helps homes sell, etc.

2) The HOA and BOD need to change some time limits on correcting Violations.

3) They also need to , and this is so darn simple it's stupid, need to enforce the violations. There is no consistency.

Do you know that I look at my neighbors crappy looking weed infested half dead yard daily? How much longer will that crap last? Hell I can point out many yards that will more than likely stay dead all summer long. I also have to look at his damn trash cans that are constantly in front of his fence. No more ***** footing around HOA. Here's a good example of too much time to make a correction. I had a notice a couple of weeks back about the yard being over 5" tall. It was my fault and I accepted my wrong. My Son and I went to Ft Worth one weekend, I was working Late and On-Call, There was Rain several days off and on. These are not excuses but the facts. Again it was my fault. Well anyway that damn notice said that I had to correct the problem within 10 days. That's a little stupid to give someone that long to correct a problem. If I would have waited 10 days to correct the problem it would certainaly effect the homes that are for sale down my street. Secondly I would have to hire a local Farmer to bale my grass or buy those goats I have talked about.

Maybe that's what's going on with my neighbor. He is either not being written up (which I feel is the case) or he is playing with his time limits. I don't think they like goats.

It pisses me off just like many other's I know, and trust me I know a lot of Folks here in Westcreek that the main reason we (all of us) moved here has gone by the wayside. Heck we have a paid for house, I'll be 50 in August, and will retire in about five years. We are not going anywhere and things are not going to change unless someone or several grow some ..... and do the jobs they are paid to do. I can't figure out why they don't post the number of Violation in each Village in a given month. No addresses though. Maybe that would spread some shame and Folks would respect the rules.

Gosh I'm glad my Blood Pressure Medication is working.

Last edited by wellguy; 05-16-2010 at 11:04 AM..

Old 05-16-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Be careful about not being concerned about property values even if you are not moving. Sure, you may plan to stay put, but what about when homes foreclose around you and sell for tens of thousands less than you paid? You will get people moving into those homes who might not have qualified for them at the old price you paid... you will see a whole different "vibe" to the neighborhood and the type of people it attracts. You can't pick and choose who will buy at the lower prices.
The second problem, is you get the people who planned to sell but are upside down ONLY because of the foreclosures and they end up renting their homes out... which is far better than walking away, but the renters will not care about the HOA rules. I'm seeing both of these things happen. We screened the people we rented this to very carefully. I wanted to make sure my neighbors would have good people next to them, but not everyone does that.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:55 AM

Wellguy, I agree with everything you are feeling except one thing: I say we should put the addresses down!!!

Old 05-16-2010, 02:47 PM

872 posts, read 1,638,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
So, you are telling me that after me ranting about how terrible the parking is here, there is a village in my own subdivision which regulates parking?
Can't do it unless the HOA owns the streets but if the HOA owns the streets then the HOA pays to repave them...very expensive!

Old 05-16-2010, 08:39 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,378,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Be careful about not being concerned about property values even if you are not moving. Sure, you may plan to stay put, but what about when homes foreclose around you and sell for tens of thousands less than you paid? You will get people moving into those homes who might not have qualified for them at the old price you paid... you will see a whole different "vibe" to the neighborhood and the type of people it attracts. You can't pick and choose who will buy at the lower prices.
The second problem, is you get the people who planned to sell but are upside down ONLY because of the foreclosures and they end up renting their homes out... which is far better than walking away, but the renters will not care about the HOA rules. I'm seeing both of these things happen. We screened the people we rented this to very carefully. I wanted to make sure my neighbors would have good people next to them, but not everyone does that.
Screening is a luxury when you can afford the time to do it. But what happens when your house sits vacant for several months and you're paying the mortgage? There are two houses next to mine that are rentals owned by military members. One had a swat team bust a guy there and the other had continual BC Sheriff and ambulance visits before he finally moved out.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:28 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,346,002 times
Quote:
There is a pathway but the stones have spaces between each one. The water flows easily between each stone and could no way cause the flooding.
They are close enough together that you can walk across them which means they're close enough together for debris to pile up behind them.

The stones are a cheap (and dangerous - slipping on the rocks and cracking your skull) solution to provide community access from that subdivision. Do it right the first time and build a proper footbridge or don't do it at all IMHO.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:00 PM

1,668 posts, read 3,364,965 times
* Again my neighbor (damn worthless Federal Criminal) has his trash cans out (they will probably stay out until Monday) and some damn Exercise Contraption (Probably a Tony Little Gazelle) in his driveway. Hey HOA Staff this damn thing has been in his driveway since last weekend. Has he been given a Courtesy Notice? I really doubt it. By the way HOA Staff, who I pay since we selected to live here, there are three homes For Sale on my street (I'm sure those Folks appreciate your hard and dedicated work). Do you really care if the rest of us have to look over at that crap. Do you care if a Prospective Buyer shys away from buying a nice home since you again have failed? We don't pay you to continue to allow others to live like Sanford and Son (Sorry Fred, at least your place had order to it and you didn't live in an area with a Mandatory HOA)

Please tell me what on earth Folks have to do to see to it that you all do your job? I shouldn't have to complain either here, via email, a phone call, or an in person visit) I'll assure you if I conducted my job like I've seen some around here do I would have been gone almost 24 years ago. Unlike you I KNOW and most of all REMEMBER who I work for. One BIG difference though is that YOU get what you pay for and I don't.

Others may read this and say that damn wellguy has blew another fuse. Well yes I have, but more so I am and continue to face reality.

Last edited by wellguy; 05-22-2010 at 03:12 PM..

Old 05-22-2010, 04:59 PM

872 posts, read 1,638,806 times
Surprised to learn that the HOA charged $150 for the pavillion/park today for the Luna band to have a picnic. How much was the HOA paying the schools in the neighborhood to hold the quarterly rummage sales...oh yeah, NOTHING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio