U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2010, 07:04 PM

1,668 posts, read 3,351,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
I don't know! Why don't you just go ask them and let us know?

I don't think being a resident in Westcreek should be an issue for a Community Manager. Being hired into that position should be her vested interest in the community that she serves.
If there is a qualified applicant that lives here that would be the best choice. Maybe this was not the case and if so then..........

Although this is my opinion I still think that a Community Manager, well hell, any WC Employee should (if possible) be a Resident. Hopefully they would see things through and take pride in the Community instead of exiting the Subdivision at 5:00pm

*I knew that comment would ruffle someone's feather's although that was not my objective.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:21 PM

88 posts, read 149,403 times
Does anyone know what happened on Blue Juniper in the Vistas last night? Neighbors say Police, fire and EMS responded to a home. At least one person was arrested and one person taken in the ambulance.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:37 PM

12 posts, read 14,329 times
Default Interesting article and right here in SA!

News Headlines

Kind of gives me a warm feeling for the HOA...

Old 07-18-2010, 12:39 PM

29 posts, read 47,983 times
Default Vested interest often comes with baggage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I was unable to attend the HOA / BOD Meeting last night due to a situation at work. I did read on the HOW website this morning that we have a new Community Manager who will start on July 19th. Does anyone know anthing about her? Does she live in Westcreek. That alone would please me since we would have someone with a Vested Interest in WC.
For as long as Westcreek has been here, we've seen the results of different eras of predominantly homegrown HOA leadership. As much as we'd like to think community staff that lives within the community has a vested interest, that interest has come with baggage in the form of personal agendas and biases. In many cases, hostility toward the previous regime influences decision making, not always in a good way. And let's not forget real and perceived cronyism.

Running a community association isn't any different from running a town/city government, or a business for that matter. I'm hopeful, as we all are, that there are better days ahead for Westcreek.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal39 View Post
Does anyone know what happened on Blue Juniper in the Vistas last night? Neighbors say Police, fire and EMS responded to a home. At least one person was arrested and one person taken in the ambulance.
Probably just the local Mexican Mafia doing the jobs Americans just won't do anymore. Nothing to see here... move along...

Old 07-18-2010, 03:33 PM

88 posts, read 149,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro_Assi_Kid View Post
Probably just the local Mexican Mafia doing the jobs Americans just won't do anymore. Nothing to see here... move along...
Wow...that's quite a low blow. What makes you assume they were Hispanic?

Old 07-19-2010, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal39 View Post
Wow...that's quite a low blow. What makes you assume they were Hispanic?
Not a low blow at all. It is called observation, my friend. Happened right across the street from my home in a rental house. You want some very close-up and personal pitures of what went down? Call me crazy but I have a problem with a house full of illegal aliens doing things that warrant the DEA, FBI, and local police to come a calling. I would hope more neighbors would feel the same but I guess they, like you, are too worried about hurting the "feelings" or "sensitivities" of others. Just another reason this country is falling apart. If you are not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. You will notice I said Mexican, not Hispanic Mafia. By the way, not that it matters what so ever but I am "HISPANIC" however I prefer to call myself American. Something else I will not apologize for. You have a good day.

Last edited by Quattro_Assi_Kid; 07-19-2010 at 04:09 AM..

Old 07-19-2010, 04:56 PM

4 posts, read 4,800 times
Right on Quattro

Old 07-19-2010, 05:31 PM

4 posts, read 4,800 times
We recently moved to Westcreek (The Oaks) and initially was so impressed with the neighborhood yards and the upkeep of the area. Once we got settled in and started taking walks in the neighborhood we got a big surprise at the amount of, dare I say trashy yards. I see all this talk about the HOA on this site, and I wonder where the HOA is when it comes to some of these yards and old cars in the driveways. I received a notice for not putting away my trash can in the backyard, while my neighbor has large tree branches in their FRONT yard, from a rotting tree, that have been there for nearly three weeks now. And the neighbor across the street has forgotten what a lawn mower is for. I will say that there are plenty of awesome looking yards in the neighborhood, and I look forward to doing my part. Oh well thats my two cents, what's yours.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:22 PM

1,668 posts, read 3,351,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro_Assi_Kid View Post
Not a low blow at all. It is called observation, my friend. Happened right across the street from my home in a rental house. You want some very close-up and personal pitures of what went down? Call me crazy but I have a problem with a house full of illegal aliens doing things that warrant the DEA, FBI, and local police to come a calling. I would hope more neighbors would feel the same but I guess they, like you, are too worried about hurting the "feelings" or "sensitivities" of others. Just another reason this country is falling apart. If you are not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. You will notice I said Mexican, not Hispanic Mafia. By the way, not that it matters what so ever but I am "HISPANIC" however I prefer to call myself American. Something else I will not apologize for. You have a good day.
The H... with Feelings. If Folks are up to no good I could care less what color skin they have or what their race is. Why wait until there is a problem to have a situation addressed?

Last edited by wellguy; 07-19-2010 at 07:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio