Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2010, 12:08 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Actually, the Card agreement generally bans giving cash discounts.
No so much...

Surcharges cannot be assessed to cardholders per MasterCard Rules. The exception is that MasterCard allows government and educational institutions to apply a Convenience Fee after submitting a formal application through their acquiring bank. According to the MasterCard merchant rules, a merchant must not directly or indirectly require any MasterCard cardholder to pay a surcharge or any part of a merchant discount or any contemporaneous finance charge in connection with a MasterCard card transaction. A merchant may provide a discount to its customers for cash payments.
  • A surcharge is any fee charged in connection with a MasterCard transaction that is not charged if another payment method is used.
  • The merchant discount fee is the fee the merchant pays to its acquirer to acquire transactions

Old 11-10-2010, 02:25 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,160 times
After the recent hail storm, lots of new roofs are being worked on in WC. Recommend having yours checked but be careful not to let an out of area, questionable company do it as the warranty work will be difficult if needed. Had my insurance company out and they want to do a full roof and gutter replacement. Lots of roofers combing the area too...choose wisely!

Old 11-13-2010, 08:47 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,841,325 times
I don't visit the VOWC Website as frequently as I should but today I noticed that the 2011 Budget is available for our reading pleasure.

Although I think I know what Staff Performance Incentives are please someone tell me it ain't so..... In today's economy where we have neighbors (yes BOD /HOA) neighbors who are strggling to keep afloat you have the nerve to budget $1500.00 for these incentives. That dollar figure may not be a lot to some Folks, maybe a house payment, but to those who are in need it as hell is. I doubt that those in a dire situation and barely getting by on unemployment, or other aid, will be happy to see this.

If this is a bonus then the HOA /BOD needs to be ASHAMED of themselves for proposing such. Cuts were made elsewhere in the budget, more important cuts. Why in the hell don't they cut the $9000.00 for the cleaning of the Offices??? Is it to FKN hard to pick up a broom and bend over to use a dust pan????? Many, Many small businesses have their Staff keep the work areas clean. When I was in the Military we didn't have a Cleaning Crew to keep the station clean and it looked damned good.

Maybe there is a volunteer opportunity here for those who feel (HOA / BOD) we need to help out our paid Staff. Isn't that alway the excuse..... If you don't like something then volunteer to make it better no matter how impotent (I did not mispell "important") those in a paid position are.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:24 PM

7 posts, read 7,848 times
Oh this is just terrible! They should take the lead and work for an organization just like you do who does not offer performance based incentive pay????

Oh, I'm sorry but from what I can tell you work for the Water System of San Antonio and yes your employer I'm sure does offer incentive pay. Same economy but I don't see you public sector folks turning it down. I work in the private sector and my company offer incentive pay so I don't see anything wrong with it.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTRYOAKSJANE View Post
Oh this is just terrible! They should take the lead and work for an organization just like you do who does not offer performance based incentive pay????

Oh, I'm sorry but from what I can tell you work for the Water System of San Antonio and yes your employer I'm sure does offer incentive pay. Same economy but I don't see you public sector folks turning it down. I work in the private sector and my company offer incentive pay so I don't see anything wrong with it.

Since my Employer is not a part of the VOWC or the topic at hand it does not need to be mentioned. I sure hate to burst your bubble but today I'll be more than happy to and bring you down from the soapbox. This year(2010) there is a projected revenue loss of $15,000,000.00 so there will be no raises or incentives of any sort. That includes 2011 and if we continue to be blessed with rain then..... . If you would be so kind to over water your grass and take longer showers you can help decrease the loss. I'll assure you so many spending cuts have been made it would make your head spin. Is it possible that you like many think that the COSA, CPS, and SAWS Employees all receive the same pay and other compensation? It's not that way since CPS and SAWS have their own Board of Trustees and the COSA gets involved when there is a rate hike.

Now back to the topic at hand.....Do you not get what my point is? If there is a revenue shortfall and / or increased expenses with the VOWC then by gosh you better damn well make some cuts. Let me ask you this since my ******** is so way out of line. Do you know of anyone here in the Villages of Westcreek that is having a hard , really hard time getting by?????? I know of several Families so my ***** is valid. If you feel a need to continue to argue the point then I'm all fingers but let's stay on topic.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:49 PM

177 posts, read 357,949 times
What other subdivision in SA has a thread like this with hundreds of pages of arguing? No wonder nobody new wants to move here, and all the good neighbors are moving.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:24 PM

7 posts, read 7,848 times
I've said it before certain folks on this thread just seem to find fault with anything the HOA does. Some more so than others. I have lived in Westcreek for a few years now and love it here. People are just getting tired of hearing the constant barage of negative complaints from a few vocal minority.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTRYOAKSJANE View Post
I've said it before certain folks on this thread just seem to find fault with anything the HOA does. Some more so than others. I have lived in Westcreek for a few years now and love it here. People are just getting tired of hearing the constant barage of negative complaints from a few vocal minority.
When one uses the word "few" (as far as you living here) it usually indicates 3. How about 11?? I think that's enough years to really know what in the hell is and isn't going on. So in a "few" more years you'll see exactly where those who complain (although constructive) are coming from.

Last edited by wellguy; 11-14-2010 at 09:12 PM..

Old 11-14-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabart47 View Post
What other subdivision in SA has a thread like this with hundreds of pages of arguing? No wonder nobody new wants to move here, and all the good neighbors are moving.
I have seen more people, good people, move away due to the impotency of the BOD and HOA Staff (both past and present) not due to this thread.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:12 PM

744 posts, read 1,209,564 times
The people are not just complaining to complain. They are making points that need to be addressed. Just because something may not affect you personally wouldn't you like to know how it may affect your neighbor and try to help resolve the issue. I have been to a few of the Board meetings and let me tell you it gets heated in there sometimes because of the same issues we have on here. The HOA/BOD seem to want to keep the majority happy and to hell with the others. In my opinion the BOD needs to listen to the issues and address each and everyone no matter how petty they feel it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio