Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2009, 11:05 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,034 times

Advertisements

Awwwwwww..... that's so nice!!! I feel like the red headed stepchild that finally got to join the hopscotch game.

LOL!!!!

Old 04-04-2009, 11:08 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,026 times
Aw, you can come to our neighborhood and play. Our pools aren't filled with dirt!!!! :P

Old 04-04-2009, 11:10 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,034 times
Now THAT was just mean!!!! (AND dirty!!)

But sadly, true.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:18 PM

They got the sports park pool all refurb'd, will have to check it out see if the contractor did a good job. Hopefully no one will cr*p in it this year....

Old 04-04-2009, 11:41 PM

422 posts, read 1,450,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
where did the VWOA web page go? I think I'm going to have to go to the next meeting because this place is obviously out of control. I asked where I could complain about their little "petition" things to ban pitbulls and the guy looked at me like I was from another planet. He just could not understand why anybody didn't hate pit bulls.. he also couldn't comprehend why I had an issue with the dog's owner either. I won't say who he was, but I know he understood English..

Yeah, when I read that article I thought it would be a mistake to ban a particular breed. You would have to ban all or none. My wife was walking our dog one day by the sports park, and this huge pitbull came out of no where. My wife was scared, turned around and he followed for a bit, and eventually lost interest. She made some phone calls but no one would come out to get this beast, and she sure wasn't going to check the collar, which I think had spikes.

If anything, there needs to be tougher laws on careless owners.

And the only dogs we need to ban are the yappy ones that bark all night!!!! I swear I'm going to snipe that dog one night...he's barking as I type this!

Old 04-05-2009, 05:29 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
I hope it wasn't mine.. they have a door they can go out to do their business and sometimes she will bark if something gets her attention. It's usually in the daytime, though, and usually someone walking along Westcreek Oaks.
Glad to see at least one other person here has some common sense when it comes to who should be held accountable for their own property

Old 04-05-2009, 05:34 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Can't help but wonder if the guy and his wife that were attacked have filed a lawsuit against the owner of the dog??? I would for sure. I HATE lawyers and frivilous lawsuits, but this is one of those times where the owner should be held accountable for all of our sake. Kids walk home from school, play in the park, etc...this senerio could have had disaster if a child/children without assistance had been the victims.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Can't help but wonder if the guy and his wife that were attacked have filed a lawsuit against the owner of the dog??? I would for sure. I HATE lawyers and frivilous lawsuits, but this is one of those times where the owner should be held accountable for all of our sake. Kids walk home from school, play in the park, etc...this senerio could have had disaster if a child/children without assistance had been the victims.

I hope so. Can't be a very family friendly neighborhood if owner's don't take care of their animals.

In my case, if my daughter's bunny gets out and bites you, feel free to kick it's furry butt across the street.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:55 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
That's what I didn't understand about the article. Why tell this whole story and then try to ban the breed? You know who did it, take action against the jerk himself!! The guy must be afraid of confrontation or something, which is probably why he couldn't protect his own dogs. Any animal can easily sense fear and that makes you the target. Standing up against them tells them that this is not the fight they want. Cesar Millan is not a big guy at all, but he has those dogs in submission almost instantly, no matter what their size.
maybe we should start our own petition to ban stupidity in Westcreek.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:38 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
I am thinking the issue here RD is that there is a THREAT TO ALL of us who live here if this is not an isolated incident (several different attacks or different dogs left to wander) and it is important that we get the word out, especially given summer is fast approaching and kids will be walking to the pool, park etc. I think ensuring the word is out is a good idea, and posting in the Westcreek paper is the best way to ensure everyone living here had the opportunity to be notified. I personally think Pit Bulls should be banned. Our daughter and her hubby has one along with 3 small children and it drives me CRAZY. I get sick to my stomach everything I think about how she would be totally unable to control this dog if it ever decided to turn on her or the babies. This breed has proven to be a risk, to those that own it (attacking the owner), those that keep it in their home (that poor 7 month old just a week or so ago) and those that are exposed to them by owners that do notcan not control them. The attacks in the South Texas area in this year alone prove that this breed has a greater element of risk connected than others. Understand they are popular, and that people find them to be great dogs, but I think it is like the firework ban during dry season...the risk is just to great to take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio