Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 11:46 PM

36 posts, read 55,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Well I just returned home -SAWS Emergency called me away from the meeting. I will catch heck for this but during my time there it was a flop by most of the Homeowners attempting to put blame on the BOD. *Before I start I had a hunch that we were noT going to be able to "yeild our time to other speakers" .There has been too much said, too many emailS sent, and of course we all knew it would somehow someway get back to the BOD.

I have read that post that was spoke about several times and in was written in haste ten fold. For the life of me I can't see how so many hHomeowner's would think that a BOD Member wrote it. I was offended when it was stated it came from a Black Person. Many Homeowner's also took offense to that.

I do not know why Homeowner's think the HOA can do anything of folks speeding down neighborhood streets. Although I had to answer a telephone call when my name came up (I never intended upon speaking -I just signed up as an attendee) I was going to tell those Homeowners' that the BOD can't put up speed bumps. They can request a speed study but that's all. The HOA does not own the roads, the county does. By now Homeowners should know this. If anyone wants speed bumps they need to contact Rene Greeen, BC Engineer or better yet Sergio "Chico" Rodriguez our County Commissioner. They need to be told there was a speed study and let them take it from there. *Trust me on this. Our HOA did not state that the speed bumps slow down Emergency Vehicles. We tried to get speed bumps in our previous Subdivision. BC gave us that excuse. The speeding was stopped by placing more stop signs.

Concerning the street lights. I am as guilty as several thousand other Homeowners' who failed to return the vote for the lights. We were not willing to pay for the light installation, maintenance, and monthly electrical bills. Either we pony up and pay for the lights or wait until the COSA takes us in and we will then get them then.

About the only thing I was impressed with were the two gentlemen that spoke about their neighborhoods (Villages) and the fact that they are kept clean, residents talk to one another, and look out for each other.

I'm sure I missed more excitement when I let. Please fill us in.

Thank you.
Were you as offended when the Hispanic man said " All you White people make me look good". That was an ethnic statement but I don't see people getting all riled up about that. Just wondering...

Old 10-19-2009, 11:56 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVDOGS3 View Post
Were you as offended when the Hispanic man said " All you White people make me look good". That was an ethnic statement but I don't see people getting all riled up about that. Just wondering...
Maybe they know better, or don't care?

Last edited by firstclassflyer; 10-20-2009 at 01:16 AM..

Old 10-20-2009, 04:43 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
somebody actually said that? I'm glad I didn't go. What an idiotic comment.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:19 AM

173 posts, read 617,459 times
I was at the meeting till about 830p or so. What did I see? A lot of commentary from disgruntled home owners along with specific calls for resignation of the board members. For the most part the board was SILENT, no engagement, response, etc....
Considering what was posted above, I am wondering why the board DIDNOT answer the q's about the speed bump/fire truck issue. If the above poster knows reasons "why", you'd think the board would too.
As for the hispanic guy's "white people" comment.....if you heard it in context I don't think you would have been offended.
BY the time I had to leave they were just getting into topics that were carried over from the last meeting, the budget, etc.... so I would like to hear from those who were able to stay all the way to the end.

I have been a resident for 3 yrs now and I came to WC because the neighborhood was, overall, visually appealing with many examples of pride of ownership. I liked that I saw a lot of folks out walking/jogging...most of whom waved as I drove by. Seeing kids on bikes, some with family, some family out walking their dogs, etc... vast majority of folks looking neatly kept/dressed, etc..all of this gave me the sense that this was a peaceful, family-oriented community! The amenities were a huge plus AND having a HOA was something I saw as a real deal MAKER since I was under the impression my dues would fund an organization that would work to keep WC a great place to live.

I wish I still felt that way now. After attending this meeting I feel strongly that we are at a real "tipping point" here! If the board, AND the residents don't get some real solutions to our real problems going soon we WILL start to lose good residents. There are just too many other housing options in the area now!! Yes, I do plan on attending future meetings and yes, I do plan on getting more involved(as time will permit w/ work and two small kids).

Old 10-20-2009, 07:26 AM

I'd really love to know the context of it then.. I'm never a big fan of people who insist on race/ethnicity/national origin/sexual preference/religion baiting and I love laughing at people that ASSume things about other people out of sheer ignorance.
Anyhow, I still think this is a great place to live. People are still always out walking, running, bicycling, and there are actions being taken to right wrongs. It's much better than the alternative, which would be complete apathy and a lack of action leading to complete destruction aka the current national-level situation..

Old 10-20-2009, 07:36 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,555,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I'd really love to know the context of it then.. I'm never a big fan of people who insist on race/ethnicity/national origin/sexual preference/religion baiting and I love laughing at people that ASSume things about other people out of sheer ignorance.
Anyhow, I still think this is a great place to live. People are still always out walking, running, bicycling, and there are actions being taken to right wrongs. It's much better than the alternative, which would be complete apathy and a lack of action leading to complete destruction aka the current national-level situation..
Standing ovation!!!! (I tried to rep you, but I still haven't been spreading the luv enough I guess. )

Old 10-20-2009, 08:21 AM

has anyone in the WC area had any roof repairs done? I have water stains and the tape is coming off from the ceiling along one beam in one of my upstairs rooms and the roof looks like it is missing a couple shingles in that general area. Trees and my crappy vision are blocking a full view of the roof, though. I sent out some craigslist feelers, but haven't got any replies back yet and would much rather go with someone that has done work for a poster on here.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:48 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,669,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Me three!

BTW, it looks like the trees are all gone (at least out of view from the bridge).

Wellguy, maybe you could ask one of your contacts with BC if they can steam clean the dirty cement barriers on the bridge.
I see they're cleaning the bridge. Wellguy, did you contact someone on this or did they do that on their own? If you did, thank you.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:10 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,423 times
Saw the maint guys by the bridge by the sports park chipping the piles of limbs that had been dumped there. This is the ones I posted pics of on here a week or two ago. Glad they are getting that TCO'd.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:21 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
I see they're cleaning the bridge. Wellguy, did you contact someone on this or did they do that on their own? If you did, thank you.

Good Evening,

No, I didn't contact them on that one.

I know eventually the COSA will grab us up. One thing I'll miss is the great work that BCPW does. The COSA PW Department looks pretty poor compared to the County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio