Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 03:34 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,552,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Just noticed a "Your Speed Is" digital sign mounted on a speed limit sign across from the sports park. I'd like to see a few more of those around here. Not sure who made this one happen but thanks! BTW, I was doing 31 in a 35 when I saw it.
Isn't the speed limit in front of the sports park 20??

Old 11-02-2009, 05:04 PM

13 posts, read 11,344 times
I think it's 35.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:10 PM

872 posts, read 1,855,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
No, its 35 which is appropriate.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
So, you're the one that's been doing 20 all along..and has had a line of vehicles behind you.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:13 PM

778 posts, read 2,502,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I had a new experience today and was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them. I set my garbage can out yesterday evening as usual. I normally put the last bag in that night, but forgot and put it in this morning. I opened the can to put it in and there were two bags that were not mine. I use Tiger, so the cans are huge and mine was only half full, but completely full this morning and the two extra bags were black plastic and mine are white. I was tempted to open it and see if there was any mail in it with an address, but didn't feel like going through garbage. I know times are tough, but that is illegal and ripping ME off. If it was a neighbor and they said they couldn't afford garbage now and asked, I would have definitely let them, but this was just using my services that I'm paying for.
Is it at all possible that a person was walking their dog and picked up trash (or poop) on the street and just used your can as a convenience after doing a good deed of picking up litter? I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the idea that someone would "steal trash service". On the other hand, I see it at least several times a week where someone will pull up to one of those big green dumpster behind HEB and toss a truck load of trash in there - so who knows?

Time to do a stake out!

Old 11-02-2009, 05:14 PM

I don't know about that. He said the can went from half full..to completely full. These Tiger cans are 90 gallons each. That's must've been one big dog!

Old 11-02-2009, 07:32 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,398 times
This morning (6:50am) on the way out there was a Motorcycle BCSD Deputy who had someone stopped on Westcreek Oaks. Thank goodness for Radar Detectors since it could have very well been me.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
This morning (6:50am) on the way out there was a Motorcycle BCSD Deputy who had someone stopped on Westcreek Oaks. Thank goodness for Radar Detectors since it could have very well been me.
Why, do you like to speed? Why the hurry?

Old 11-02-2009, 07:40 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
Just seems like yesterday that I mentioned here that the September minutes still were not posted on the website. I guess the Board does read these posts and today they have had the minutes up on their site. Still waiting for the 3rd set of fence minutes to be posted.

It you attended the September meeting you will appreciate how they gloss over the homeowners forum. I just wish that when homeowners bring up an issue that there was some closure. If you research the minutes you can easily see that some of the same issues are brought up again and again. I would like to see when something is brought up in the forum, that there is an indication in the minutes as to the final outcome or response to the homeowners question were.

Anyone, here is the link to the September minutes: September Minutes
There is no doubt in my mind that the BOD and HOA Staff reads these posts.

I appears that there is not a regular sign-in sheet for Homeowners' who are attending the BOD Meetings. If so the number of residents' would be much higher especially at the September Meeting. It should be noted (by the person manning the sign in sheet) that it's for everyone, not just those that intend upon speaking. I'll continue to sign it and insure that I write Not Speaking / Attending Only.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:40 PM

872 posts, read 1,855,772 times
NISD has also been running radar closer to the schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio