Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 07:13 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVDOGS3 View Post
And yes as I said we contacted the BCSO and the HOA and to this day I have never seen the good people from COP patroling our particular street, hence the need for a security company to do the job.
What happened when you made the contacts?

Old 11-14-2009, 07:17 PM

36 posts, read 55,446 times
Default Question ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
are you sure those are actual gun shots? 10-12 is a lot of gun shots.. 2:30 AM is drunk time, but they rarely light off any gun shots. You would think someone would've stopped a drunk before they could get off 10-12 shots.
How do you even know the idiots doing the shooting were even drunk? Ever hear of complete famlies being murdered by psychos? You think it could never happen here until it does. I'm just saying we have to be vigilent and if that means hiring professionals so be it.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:25 PM

66 posts, read 83,966 times
Exclamation The eyes and ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
It does matter where it takes place. If gunshots (or any other type of crime) are continuosly heard in one specific Village then putting an end to the situation would be a whole lot easier.

There is a reason to report this to the HOA Staff / BOD. We are they eyes and ears of WC. I doubt that BCSD stops by the Office to give them a Crime Report.

We are in the middle of a situation where many Homeowner's want Security. This was an issue long before I addressed the BOD about it at the Town Hall Meeting. They sure as heck did not appear to know about the 6-8 homes that we broken into shortly before the meeting. Who will have the final say on Security? It won't be us unless there is a Special Assessment which we as Homeowner's will have to vote on. It will then turn out like the Street Light Issue. People will not want to spend the extra money and "Poof It's a Mute Point"

With that said it is important that we report this type of activity or any other for that matter. Any information that we provide them can make a difference on their decision. I would hope that those who hear gunshots in the area would also report it to BCSD. That "should" increase their patrols in the area.
THE BCSD IS AWARE OF WHAT IS HAPPENING IN VWOC!
Telling the HOA/BOD is something that comes up at every
meeting. What we never find out, IS WHAT they do with
the information given to them.
Ths BCSD has stepped up thier presence here, we walk at all
different times of the day & evening. We see them in our area
& all around. Any and ALL presence is needed to stop gang activity.
Street lights are not as important as security, lights can be
broken. The lights in areas of high crime are usually broken.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Joe The Dog Faced Boy View Post
THE BCSD IS AWARE OF WHAT IS HAPPENING IN VWOC!
Telling the HOA/BOD is something that comes up at every
meeting. What we never find out, IS WHAT they do with
the information given to them.
Ths BCSD has stepped up thier presence here, we walk at all
different times of the day & evening. We see them in our area
& all around. Any and ALL presence is needed to stop gang activity.

Have you ever sat down and sent the BOD an email with your concerns ? Why is it that everytime I do I get a response from our HOA President ?

Old 11-14-2009, 07:54 PM

66 posts, read 83,966 times
Lightbulb What?

Quote:
Have you ever sat down and sent the BOD an email with your concerns ? Why is it that everytime I do I get a response from our HOA President ?
OH, but WE have, & WE are not up front whispering to them at the last meeting in front of all to see.
I am quite sure you get answers from Mr HOA PRESIDENT

Old 11-14-2009, 08:00 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,380,531 times
I was simply pointing out that 2:30 AM is drunk time. Anyone that has lived here more than a week and been out at that particular time knows that the majority of people out and about at that time are drunk.
I also realize family murders take place and the hiring a security company was my idea in the first place. However, I would guess those gunshots were a drunk being stupid with a gun. I think the gang "problem" here is a couple kids that need a simple beat down, along with their worthless parents. I do not envision drive-bys or anything like that in the near future, but I am ready for it just in case. I'm also ready for zombies and pretty much anything else that would be stupid enough to try to walk through my door or break in through a window..

Old 11-14-2009, 08:02 PM

36 posts, read 55,446 times
Default Maybe your just one of the lucky ones!!

Quote:
From the President huh?! Well, my husband has written a letter or two maybe 2 weeks ago and he is still waiting. I guess it's time for a follow-up letter but I bet you a dollar it will go into the file 13 drawer with all the other "don't bother me legitimate letters".

And yes when we contacted the Office we were told 4 other Homeowners had heard the shootings.

I guess it's who you know.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Joe The Dog Faced Boy View Post
OH, but WE have, & WE are not up front whispering to them at the last meeting in front of all to see.
I am quite sure you get answers from Mr HOA PRESIDENT
Let me clarify something...

You know where I work right? One weekend I ran into him at the Wal Mart on Potranco (with my Wife). He asked me about the "Wash Right Rebate Program" and why the original sales ticket was needed. I checked into it and was told that if the original sales ticket was sent in it would be sent back. I volunteered to take his Rebate Form and Original Sales Ticket to work so it would not end up getting lost in the mail. Before you think this is BS about getting lost in the mail do you know how many thousands of bills, letters, etc. that we get weekly?. Many letters / applications, etc. that have been sent to me have been lost.

He was supposed to bring it to the meeting that night. That is WHY you and so many others saw me talking to him. By the way if I was worried about people seeing me I wouldn't have approached him. But to you "It's Guilt by Association "

May I be cursed for doing a good deed. You know what? As difficult as you are I would do the same for you.

Last edited by wellguy; 11-14-2009 at 09:07 PM..

Old 11-14-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
From the President huh?! Well, my husband has written a letter or two maybe 2 weeks ago and he is still waiting. I guess it's time for a follow-up letter but I bet you a dollar it will go into the file 13 drawer with all the other "don't bother me legitimate letters".

And yes when we contacted the Office we were told 4 other Homeowners had heard the shootings.

I don't know what kind of problems you and Dog Face Boy have. If you use tact you will get answers.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:24 PM

872 posts, read 1,855,697 times
Quote:

Where were the "shootings"? Was it actually in WC?

I still do not believe the cost/benefit of hiring security is worth it. We would have to hire several people to be patrolling at the same time and then have shifts around the clock to cover well over 3,000 homes. Join COPS if you want organized help. Look at all the people on here who are also the "eyes" of residential security. I have never witnessed graffiti in the act of being done. I have seen a few possibly suspicious vehicles over the course of several years here and I have taken action (follow them, call the police...) to contribute to the safety of the community. You can't buy security for this large of a place. Be proactive yourself if you want a more secure community instead of trying to spend everyone else's money. Organize people in your own village to contribute to hiring a security patrol...that way you are spending your money, not mine, and are focusing the security on your "hood".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio