Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2010, 01:35 PM

56 posts, read 74,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot Owl View Post
I love the passion here. But let's keep it real, people. I'd hate to see this forum completely degenerate into a rumor mill. Please, post opinions that are based on fact. That's what makes this discussion valuable.
Thanks Hoot Owl! Just get a little testy when I know someone is not being truthful on the forum.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:50 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,624,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
Thanks Hoot Owl! Just get a little testy when I know someone is not being truthful on the forum.
Don't let the Villages of Westcreek thread consume you. How about checking/posting on other threads in the San Antonio, Texas, and many other forums on City-Data? Try it...you'll like it.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:17 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,397,160 times
Wow. I missed a lot in the past few days.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:03 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,823,729 times
I'm really amazed that we would expect HOW member to state his or her name. Have any of us?

We all have facts, opinions, half truths. and yes somtimes rumors that we share. I don't think that any of of have the intentions of starting trouble over a post. It is however unfair to call one out and request that he /she identify who they are simply due to a difference of opinion(s). If we cannot accept one's postings without becoming upset then we (this includes me) would be better off living inside of a box.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:06 AM

872 posts, read 1,847,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I'm really amazed that we would expect HOW Member to state his or her name. Have any of us?

We all have facts, opinions, and yes sometimes either half truths and rumors that we share. It is however unfair to call one out and request that he /she identify who they are simply due to a difference of opinion(s). If we cannot expect this then we (this includes me) would be better off living inside a box.
No, the point was that HOW Member stated that he was going to use names and did. If you're going to use names and call people out then you should also use your own. That was my point at least.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:36 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,781,069 times
Yes, what he said... ^^^

Old 04-15-2010, 11:49 AM

35 posts, read 54,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOW member View Post
I must apologize to everyone! I am the person who started HOW and man am I sorry. I am going to name names. Cher was suppose to help me get this off the ground but she has went off the deep end. I was in the last meeting and she said she will do everything in her power to lie, cheat and steal to replace every board member who goes against HOW. That is not why I started HOW and this was not my intentions. I want out of HOW and I may even consider moving out of WC because I have already received several threats from the dwindling members of HOW.

If you hear or are asked to join HOW I ask you to please consider what and who you are getting involved with...this small group of people are very angry and will stop at nothing. They have turned into a group who wants power and not the betterment of WC. If they were on the up and up everything they do would be in public and not behind closed doors. The one and only weakness is FACTS...just ask any of them for proof of anything they are saying and they will come up empty handed. Again I do apologize...
I don't know or care who this person is, but they are not one of the ones that started HOW so with that said you would have to ask yourself how much of what they said is true if any. Many of you know who I am and I think that is fine. I don't post often because I don't like people hiding behind pen names.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:19 PM

80 posts, read 189,198 times
Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOW member View Post
I must apologize to everyone! I am the person who started HOW and man am I sorry. I am going to name names. Cher was suppose to help me get this off the ground but she has went off the deep end. I was in the last meeting and she said she will do everything in her power to lie, cheat and steal to replace every board member who goes against HOW. That is not why I started HOW and this was not my intentions. I want out of HOW and I may even consider moving out of WC because I have already received several threats from the dwindling members of HOW.

If you hear or are asked to join HOW I ask you to please consider what and who you are getting involved with...this small group of people are very angry and will stop at nothing. They have turned into a group who wants power and not the betterment of WC. If they were on the up and up everything they do would be in public and not behind closed doors. The one and only weakness is FACTS...just ask any of them for proof of anything they are saying and they will come up empty handed. Again I do apologize...
When I initially read this post I thought WOW! What kind of power? Isn't the BOD nonpaid positions? Aren't all these candidates willing to give up a lot of their own free time for the good of WC? Aren't we all...well most of us mature adults? I haven't been a part of this forum long but it's hard to believe there is some huge conspiracy with HOW, HOA, homeowners or whoever. I would hope anyone who lives in WC wants the best for WC. But that's just my opinion.

On another note my husband and I attended the Meet and Greet on Saturday. I was a little disappointed in some of the questions raised by some of the homeowners but I was impressed by all the candidates. Not just the HOW endorsed. It's going to be a tough decision when we vote because my DH completely disagree on one of the candidates but nonetheless we will vote.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:02 PM

56 posts, read 74,780 times
Thanks to the efforts of HOW we are seeing a great interest in Westcreek. Your right there is no conspiracy. As a homeowner, and I have said it before, I am greatful for everything they have done. I don't think they get the credit they deserve. They are pretty passionate about making Westcreek better.

I was at the Meet and Greet for about an hour on Saturday and from what I see all of them would do a great job. I think Mr. Foss made a point about Westcreek flexing our political muscle and reminding our elected officials in the county that we are voters. Like he said, we are similar to a small city. Maybe then these guys will take us seriously. Too bad we can't get them all elected.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:03 PM

80 posts, read 189,198 times
I was glad to hear the candidates speak and put faces to names. DH and I thought some of the items brought up were unnecessary and pointless in that particular forum so we ended up leaving a little earlier than we hoped. But both DH and I became a little irritated over the back and forth on the flyer regarding the 10,000 votes. It just seemed trivial to me and I didn't believe the flyer was misleading and thought the back and forth wasted valuable time. But again this is just my opinion and I believe everyone has a right to be heard even if the subject may seem trivial to another person. All in all I'm still excited to be a part of WC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio