U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:28 AM

413 posts, read 652,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstop View Post
I guess that settles it then; if I shoot an attacking dog I will hit family/friends/etc.

And they used to call me crazy.

Thank God .gov will save us.
So you encounter a pack of stray dogs and four come at you. You're just going to unload your clip on them, wild west style? Maybe you hit one, maybe two. Maybe you miss and hit the little girl walking across the street. Moderator cut: see comment

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 06-18-2012 at 11:51 PM.. Reason: no bashing/personal attacks - keep your comments addressed to the idea, not the speaker of the idea, per TOS

Old 06-18-2012, 03:58 PM

69 posts, read 126,755 times
You have absolutely no concept of firearms and their use, do you?

A clip?

First of all, all you post are absolutes.

And in the scenario we're talking about, the only absolute is the right to defend yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheTruth View Post
If any of you think you'll shoot the attacking dog without hitting your own, you're crazy.
Moderator cut: orphaned

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 06-18-2012 at 11:53 PM..

Old 06-18-2012, 05:23 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,378,228 times
For the people who take guns while walking their dogs and avow to shoot angry dogs....

Ever stop to think about after you shoot the dog the bullet will go through the dog ricochet off the concrete and hit somebody else?

Old 06-18-2012, 07:03 PM

6,257 posts, read 8,990,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
For the people who take guns while walking their dogs and avow to shoot angry dogs....
Ever stop to think about after you shoot the dog the bullet will go through the dog ricochet off the concrete and hit somebody else?
No - because I understand shot placement.......

Old 06-18-2012, 08:01 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,109,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
No - because I understand shot placement.......
Agreed, nor are we idiots who are clueless when it comes to the use of firearms.

But it is generally amusing to hear those with no shooting experience Moderator cut: see comment challenge everyone with.

Moderator cut: Off-Topic

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 06-18-2012 at 11:47 PM.. Reason: no bashing/personal attacks - keep your comments addressed to the ideas, not the speakers of the ideas, per TOS

Old 06-18-2012, 09:20 PM

153 posts, read 248,826 times
Sounds like someone is obviously worried about their aggressive dog getting hurt. Here's an idea, keep them under control and there will be no problem. If it is a wild animal you have no idea what diseases they are carrying, sorry but he may not lay down to take a couple tests on the spot, so you have little time to decide. And I'm not spending a day or 2 in the hospital, or far worse because I tried to play nice, especially to spare your opinion.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:00 PM

6,257 posts, read 8,990,051 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

I've used a gun to stop a dog attack - contrary to your belief, it was more nerve-wracking for me than most would appreciate, because I had to consider what was downrange of the rounds' trajectory. I did what I felt was best, the attack was stopped, and the round was contained in the ground beneath the dog. I've also used water hoses, sticks and baseball bats - it was all based on what is to hand, the environment and the level of threat involved. Because of the fact that I'm quite comfortable with using a gun, it is an option for me - but not the only option. Having said that.....if possible, I will use a gun, because it gives me a better chance of dealing decisively with a threat at less risk to myself.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 06-18-2012 at 11:57 PM.. Reason: post referred to has been removed

Old 06-18-2012, 10:31 PM

I guess we all have to remember this is a public forum and no matter your or my opinion there will be plenty of Moderator cut: see comment opinions (not saying who is right or wrong here folks, to each their own), just dont TELL ME whats right or wrong!!!
UNLESS IT'S THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God Bless America

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 06-18-2012 at 11:44 PM.. Reason: no bashing/personal attacks - keep your comments addressed to the ideas, not the speakers of the ideas, per TOS

Old 06-18-2012, 11:42 PM

3,669 posts, read 5,899,584 times
What seems odd is that, yes, this is a public forum and we are discussing stray and loose dogs so it is unusual that "shot placement" is brought up?

What some might not realize is that many own firearms but do not constantly bring them up in general public discussions. Do you realize how others view that?

Yes, some may claim they are not idiots but that is not how they look to others. Then those who feel uneasy by such talk of guns and violence are the ones attacked. To quit bringing up guns every chance you get might be a bright idea.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
What seems odd is that, yes, this is a public forum and we are discussing stray and loose dogs so it is unusual that "shot placement" is brought up?

What some might not realize is that many own firearms but do not constantly bring them up in general public discussions. Do you realize how others view that?

Yes, some may claim they are not idiots but that is not how they look to others.
Thank You M

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 06-19-2012 at 12:03 AM.. Reason: Corrected quoted text - never, ever change a person's text in a quote! Quote it as is without edits!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio