U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,844 times

Advertisements

Hello, I was wondering in the area of price range of houses in either Stone Oak or Alamo Ranch in the 300's, which area is going to have the friendlier people. By that I mean people waving and that are inviting. What I am not looking for is just neutral people or people rolling eyes or just looking away. With Alamo Ranch having higher diversity I would think that would be true as far as leading in friendliness, but I don't know if that would apply in the 300's or if that population is taken more from the other side of 1604/Culebra were the homes look dumpier and more run down. Stone Oak seemed not very diverse at all and I would think its less friendly. Everything their was also places I have never heard and it seemed more upscale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 03:30 PM

11,930 posts, read 12,800,146 times
I don't think how much you pay for your house will mke a differance.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:33 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,413,739 times
I can't speak for Alamo Ranch (but I've not heard anything negative), but I can attest that we have wonderful neighbors here in Stone Oak. Will you run across rude people? Yes, but you will find that anywhere.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:53 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,179,516 times
In this me mentality day of age, you will be hard pressed to find many friendly people no matter where you live unless your out in the country, Twenty years ago I would have told you anywhere in SA

Old 06-19-2012, 04:27 PM

270 posts, read 843,440 times
I really don't think the degree of friendliness varies greatly because of different geographical areas. I would be more concerned with the appreciative property value of a home and how much that house met the criteria I had when looking for it.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:43 PM

204 posts, read 288,065 times
It always baffles me when people that have budgets of 300k plus decide to move to generic, cookie-cutter, boring suburbia places like Alamo Ranch and Stone Oak.

There are much nicer, more unique neighborhoods in this city.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:41 PM

4,268 posts, read 8,355,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grf430 View Post
It always baffles me when people that have budgets of 300k plus decide to move to generic, cookie-cutter, boring suburbia places like Alamo Ranch and Stone Oak.

I'm not a fan of either area, for a variety of reasons, but depending upon what the person wants in a house, it may not be available for 300K elsewhere in the city, esp. in the less suburban areas. One can find properties for less, but will likely be smaller and require a fair amount of restoration/renovations, something many don't want.

I'd be most concerned about where that price point puts you within neighborhood. I think that is high end of AR and average to slightly higher for SO. Is that correct? If so, that may affect longer term values. Of course, if you plan to stay forever, that may be irrelevant.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:02 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,339,010 times
Have lived and LOVE the AR area for the past 3 yrs now....everyone on this board will dog that remark, but none of them LIVE here. Do what works best for you, but AR is a hidden gem where wer are concerned. I will be the first to admit the a$$ pain of stone oak did NOT work for us...kids lived there and a real hassle for all concerned...they have sold their property there and moved into the Laurel MD area for professional reasons...not my first choice either, but with twh PhD; job security and williness todo the commute, they love it.
To each their own.....

Old 06-20-2012, 06:52 AM

1,512 posts, read 2,607,444 times
Like Paka, I live in AR. I'm currently trying to sell my house (getting married in the Fall), but I'd say that there is nothing wrong with AR. Neighbors are all friendly, the 'hood is clean and close to just about any convenience you'd want, and we get to hear the "sound of freedom" every day. Good luck with your search!

--Dim

Old 06-20-2012, 08:19 AM

155 posts, read 244,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grf430 View Post

It isn't baffling if they need a 2500+ sqft home instead of a 1400 sqft home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio