U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 07:43 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,333,904 times

Advertisements

Racial taunts cost Spring Branch man - San Antonio Express-News

How does one "disregard police orders" and get away with it? Seems like the police need to provide some answers to this as well. The actions of the guy named in the lawsuit is absolutely sickening and it's good to see that his name is out there for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 09:53 AM

487 posts, read 978,342 times
It is unbelievable that such a thing would occur in 2012!!!
I hope this guys bank account took a serious hit!!! Discrimination and harassment should not be tolerated in any form.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:16 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,413,016 times
I'm just praying that we're not just waiting for the other "shoe to drop", so to speak. I hope this ends it once and for all.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:19 PM

3,929 posts, read 4,685,191 times
It's just a shame that he's not in prison!

Old 06-22-2012, 02:22 PM

927 posts, read 1,206,452 times
Prison is exactly where that loser belongs. If he were to end up in a TDC facility he would surely get what he deserves.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:45 PM

1,877 posts, read 2,303,717 times
You know, there's redneck and then there's dumb redneck.....this guy is a dumb redneck.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:49 PM

927 posts, read 1,206,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
You know, there's redneck and then there's dumb redneck.....this guy is a dumb redneck.
What criteria distinguishes the two types exactly?

Old 06-22-2012, 03:32 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,211,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post

How does one "disregard police orders" and get away with it? .
There are several issues here. The first is...the news almost always gets such details wrong. It really is that simple. For example, the Police cant do much about most civil issue. The police can have a talk with someone and ask them (just like anyone else can) if they will do certain things.

For example, two neighbors having a fight over a tree growing into the others yard. That really is a civil issue and the technical answer when the Police get called is "Take it to court...." but the Police can have a talk with the parties "Hey man, can you cut it?...."

If such and issue eventually turned into an event (Like a shooting) it would get reported that "John Doe ingnored Police orders...." which isnt true. It was a person to person talk to see if the situation could be resolved...not "Police Orders...."

The other issue is, it very well could have been "Police Orders" (there really is not such thing, it is either a LAWFUL order or it is not) So the Police say "Hey, stop that or you will (get a ticket, go to jail...) THAT is a Lawful order.

People disregard lawful orders all the time. Sometimes it seems like the Police are not going to do anything about it but they are building a case because the situation has changed. Or, the guy didnt obey the lawful order and no one reported it again (before the issue came to a head) So the Police have no idea.

My point is, there are a lot of reasons why things happen. When it comes to the news, one of the most common is because it really didnt happen like it is reported anyways.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:36 PM

132 posts, read 172,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
What criteria distinguishes the two types exactly?
I think I know what what TxTea is talking about. There are people who consider themselves "rednecks" who have a very good head on their shoulders and are pretty smart. They can hold their own in a conversation and have a logical reason for the things they do and the things they believe. I've met people who are proud red necks who are some of the most down to earth / fun people you will ever meet.

Then there are "dumb rednecks" who aren't very smart. They're the stereotypical type of people that Hollywood portrays in the movies and on TV as people who aren't very bright, sometimes very ignorant, and would rather be left alone.

TxTea, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:38 PM

6,257 posts, read 8,985,070 times
What's worse is the redneck types that KNOW what they're doing is wrong, but don't care - which is just what this guy did. He knew what lines not to cross when there were enough of the "right kind" of witnesses (cops, etc) - thing is, as he succeeded in getting away with things, each time he'd do worse. Hopefully, the hit to his bank account will be spectacular!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio