Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 10:39 AM

58 posts, read 132,910 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I need to get my house treated for pests. Saw a Cockroach in the house near the backdoor, and that was enough for the wife and I to get this taken care of. Anyone have any recommendations for companies they've used for treatment in the past? How much does this run usually? Is there a contract involved?

Also, has anyone used any of the organic pest control companies before? I'd love to hear your experiences there.

Thanks for any recommendations you guys can make!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 11:28 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
We've used Apple Pest out of Helotes for years, they're reasonably-priced and responsive. We have a contract and I can't recall how much we pay as the wife handles the bills. I do believe they are on par with most companies, and since they've done well by us for so long, there's no reason we'd even think of going anywhere else. We recently had a termite issue with one corner of our fence, we called them on a Sunday and they came right out. I think the termites were coming over from our neighbor's yard (which they agreed), but we treated our entire yard just to be safe!

As for organic pest control, Apple uses "use low-impact, green products to protect the environment" according to their website...

Quote:
One of the unique aspects of Apple is the use of chemicals and treatment procedures that are considered to be lower in toxicity. Apple is not a "totally organic" company but many of the products we use are "natural". Apple believes "organic" is a poor label for chemical selection in that some "organic" chemicals can be pretty toxic. The company's objective is to provide quality pest control in a responsible manner using products that are selected on their basis of efficacy as well as toxicity...
They are also an exclusive installation company for the Bug Out™ Weep Hole Insect Barrier System...

Quote:
Weep holes are cavities that allow ventilation and the space between bricks and the frame walls to breath. These areas are the perfect shelter for numerous types of insects and reptiles like lizards and snakes. The design and intent of Bug Out™ Weep Hole Insect Barriers is twofold. Of utmost concern is the importance of allowing the weep holes and the cavity space to perform as intended. The main consideration is to prevent undesirable pests accessibility to the cavity from the weep hole opening and ultimately to the family living areas.
Other chemical-free options they offer include caulking cracks and crevices around doors and windows, making sure weather stripping around entry points are in good condition, and copper mesh installation in weep holes around the exterior of the house.

Good luck! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio