U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 09:50 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,339,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeel View Post
Sorry missed the 1604 Bulverde part--just coming off an emotional bowup with 11yr old when I posted. I recently read they are putting the boutique store at Wilderness and Hardy Oak. Assumed it had something to do with Whole Foods going in on Blanco. My brother would love the Bulverde/1604 location!
Hang in there momma/daddy with the 11 yr old...there was a point in our lives were were CONVINCED we were raising the AntiChrist...friends of ours took our hands and told us things would be fine (having lived thru a similiar experience)....13 yrs later we find we have raised such a wonderful young man....it DOES get better....you just have to get THRU it! Hugs from someone that has walked the walk!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 04:59 AM

146 posts, read 324,841 times
We live by the corner of Hardy Oak and Wilderness and my husband and I have been making guesses as to what will go in there. Thanks for the heads up. Any other ideas as to what else will go in there? We figure a mattress store, nail place, hair place, all the usual. Fingers are crossed we will get a good mom and pop restaurant there ...... A girl can hope can't she!

Last edited by quovadimis; 07-12-2012 at 05:12 AM..

Old 07-12-2012, 05:17 AM

67 posts, read 235,149 times
They are expanding the store at Brook Hollow. They've asked the merchants to the east to relocate to other parts of the center. They will also be adding a drive thru pharmacy.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:52 AM

944 posts, read 1,578,622 times
That would completely suck for me as that's my HEB. We go there several times a week it seems and it's literally minutes away. I have no desire to go to the Brookhollow one or any of them passed 1604. I don't get why they would close this one instead of the old crappy Brookhollow one.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:51 AM

1,220 posts, read 1,722,623 times
Thank you Paka! Lord, I hope he follows in your child's footsteps. He goes from happy to crazy man in minutes sometimes.

As to the Brookhollow HEB they tried to close it in the past but so many older people live close that they have left it open for their benefit. At least that was my understanding of it. I used to live close to it but found the Thousand Oak store much better. Not sure why that won't work for those that shop at Brookhollow but there has to be some reason they keep it open as small as it is.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:09 AM

92 posts, read 129,313 times
Wrong!! Though HEB does own land off of 1604 and Bulverde, there are no plans to build a store there. they have owned the land for over 10 years now, but it would cost a lot of money to level the land they own, so there is no rush to build a store there (maybe as more things pop up in that area, they will in the future, but not right now). HEB also owns the land accross from Rolling Oaks Mall off of 1604 and Nacogdoches. Right now, there are no plans to build a store there, but it would probably be a better place for them to build than on bulverde. It seems like right now the focus of growth is in northern Texas in small towns surrounding Dallas. HEB Senior Managment really wants to get into the Dallas market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffutsa2001 View Post
Heard that HEB at the corner of 1604 and 281 will be closing in the near future as they plan on building a "Pantry HEB" store at Bulverde & 1604. This will be a smart move given how crazy that intersection has become with the explosive growth. Now we have that huge construction zone which is making it that more difficult to drive there.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:23 AM

258 posts, read 266,573 times
It's hard to guess sometimes what HEB will do.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,814 posts, read 33,124,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrads View Post
They are expanding the store at Brook Hollow. They've asked the merchants to the east to relocate to other parts of the center. They will also be adding a drive thru pharmacy.
That's a little disappointing, but not surprising. I like the size of the BH store. It's easy to pick up a few things there, without having to walk across the two acres of floor space that the Plus stores span.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:44 PM

258 posts, read 266,573 times
It's all about location, location, location...HEB as big as they are will close a store down to open another near by. This leaves a vacant eye sore. It's hard to find another big box retailer that can match that space.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:49 PM

282 posts, read 410,109 times
It hasn't been answered yet so what's a Pantry HEB?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio