Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 06:06 PM

11 posts, read 31,245 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to San Antonio in the near future.

I have been researching about apartments in the North Central area, particularly in the Blanco road area and Medical Center area but when I go to the apartment ratings website, I get horrible reviews about all these apartments.

Can anyone suggest me a good and safe apartment in that area for a young couple with a small child?

I would greatly appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 06:33 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,874,209 times
We lived in Salado Crossing Apts on Blanco for a year, and it was very nice. The only real complaint there was the darkness--it's heavily treed so the apt was always kinda dark. We also lived in Vista Crossing and Brandon Oaks further down off Vista Del Norte. Brandon Oaks has tons of kids, which was great for us at the time. They have an after-school program (free) which was nice. Vista Crossing was much quieter, and we had no problems there. The management has changed since we left, however, and I think they've had some trouble. All in all, it's a nice area near Blanco and Wurzbach Pkwy. It's sort of hit and miss the closer you get to West Avenue, though.

As far as the Medical Center area--about 15 years ago, we lived in Windridge Apts on Babcock, and they were OK back then. That's about all I have to offer in the way of the Medical Center, other than the traffic can get pretty hairy!

Good luck finding something!

Old 10-01-2007, 07:01 PM

sapphire,

How is traffic in those areas (near Blanco and Wurzbach)?

Old 10-01-2007, 07:14 PM

Well, it's not that bad, really. When Churchill HS lets out in the afternoon it gets pretty congested, but it doesn't last all that long.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:25 PM

sapphire,

I am looking mainly for a good neighborhood and safety (for a small child). I think I will trust your advice and I will choose Vista Crossing.
I was checking it online and it seems very nice.
I am relocating from Pennsylvania and I have no idea about the traffic and good areas in SA.
I will also be doing job hunting once I get to SA so I need a place that has easy access to major highways, etc.

If this area has better traffic than the medical area, I will surely go with Vista Crossing then.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:36 PM

Well, what do some of the others think??? Anyone??? I don't want her mad at me later!!

The Medical Center is nice as well, it's just that the traffic is worse. What type of work will you be looking for? I mean, if you're a nurse, then the Medical Ctr would be great for you.

Anyway, Vista Crossing is quiet and there is nothing spectacular about it, but we liked it. One of our friends was the complex manager, and she was very tough on enforcing the rules. Like I said, she has since left and I am not sure how well-run it is now. Good luck, though! I know it's hard to do all this sight unseen, and you're very brave! But you really can't go wrong in either of those two areas.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:43 PM

Sapphire,

Thank you so much for all your help.

I have a bachelor's degree in Human Resources and International Business and I am bilingual (Spanish - English). I am looking work mainly in Human Resources.

We are not looking for something spectacular but a nice neighborhood.

Thank you again.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:48 PM

You should not have any trouble at all finding a great job here. Keep us posted on the move!!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:25 PM

Thank you so much. I hope you are right and I find something soon after I get there.

I will actually start applying to jobs 3 weeks before I get to San Antonio.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:47 PM

8 posts, read 85,622 times
I live in NC & there are a lot ofg nice places all around or near Churchill HS. I initially considered the NW & Medical center but traffic there is nuts. NC is nicely located to pretty much all of SA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio