U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 04:46 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,103,487 times

Advertisements

Again, the police are not your personal bodyguards, which is why some of us have always advocated having the means to defend oneself.

The police are tasked to protect the general public, and when there is a felony shooting their first priority is to stop that threat from harming or killing other people.

Moderator cut: Orphaned

Moderator cut: Off-Topic

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 07-29-2012 at 09:26 AM..

Old 07-29-2012, 07:43 AM

69 posts, read 126,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
I think what you may be missing is an Officer is assigned to protect "everyone" as best as he can. Again, that is why it is often prudent to chase the guy who is/could harm more people than to stop and take care of the people who are already hurt.

Being a police officer is not like being a private body guard or even people in the military on a mission where you have one goal and that is your mission.

That may very well be what this Officer did.
Not missing it, but herein lies the difference: my background is mil and details.

I understand the justifications you folks have presented here: legal basis for action, theory, reasons why the LEO did what he did, etc.

It's just that I don't agree with those justifications. Protection of the client takes precedence over all other concerns.

Which brings us back full circle: base of experience, knowledge, and training.

You LEOs have a tough job, and you produce great results. That goes without question.

It was suggested to me that I contact one of you LEOs and request a Ride-Along.

Interesting idea, but I don't go anywhere that I might need my gun, without my gun. Thanks.

And I do appreciate those that are able to discuss this without resulting to insults. Then again, there's always a point where I'm for letting them fly.

Have a good one.
Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or