U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2007, 12:59 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,334,952 times

Advertisements

I'm now looking at the Newmark homes in Bella Vista as well. Since I'm out of state right now, what are these homes like? What is the area like? Any info on this neighborhood would be helpful! Also, I hear that they are building a new high school? Is this a good thing or not? Are there many restaurants, shopping, etc around this area? Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 01:46 PM

1,241 posts, read 3,893,338 times
You may want to look into that. I thought Newmark moved out. Call someone w/Highland Homes to get info. I know they are still in there.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:05 PM

22 posts, read 89,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
I'm now looking at the Newmark homes in Bella Vista as well. Since I'm out of state right now, what are these homes like? What is the area like? Any info on this neighborhood would be helpful! Also, I hear that they are building a new high school? Is this a good thing or not? Are there many restaurants, shopping, etc around this area? Thanks!

I'm not sure what the Bella Vista area is like, but we are buying a Newmark home in Cibolo Canyons and I absolutly fell in love with the homes (we are building a Reagan) We have had such great customer service with Newmark and they have a wonderful design center. They were great with answering our questions and helping us out when we were still in Seattle and inquiring about the homes. The quality of the homes is great as well. We did a lot of looking around before making our decision. Good luck with your move!

Old 10-02-2007, 04:00 PM

90 posts, read 268,516 times
I'm jealous, Forevertexas, JEALOUS.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:13 PM

4 posts, read 17,852 times
Bella Vista is in the growing Potranco/1604 area (outside 1604). I am actually building a KB Home across the street in Sundance Square. Bella Vista is nice and I think Newmark is still building there. I know Standard Pacific has new homes there as well as Highland Homes. Might be a few others. But it defiantly is a nice community. The whole area is growing on the corner of Potranco and 1604. You have the new Walmart, HEB Plus grocery store, tons of small or fastfood restaurants and shops. Plus plans for a new Theatre and all new schools if you have children. Hope this helps a bit.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:31 PM

181 posts, read 613,038 times
My husband and I live in a Newmark home in Mountain Lodge. We did a lot of research and looked at almost every homebuilder in San Antonio before deciding to build with Newmark. We are so happy with our house. We had the best time at the design center picking everything out. Things add up quick, and there's so much to choose from! Our house turned out beautiful and we are so happy with it. The Newmark "team" is great. Whenever we need anything fixed they're at our house right away. We couldn't be happier!

Old 10-02-2007, 07:51 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,349,109 times
According to their website, Newmark is still building in Belle Vista. They are also building in Alamo Ranch off of Culebra. Currently, there are no businesses in the "immediate" area; however, there are plans to build mix commercial and residential in Stevens Ranch (a little further west on Potranco). There is also a new road that ties Belle Vista and Stevens Ranch. About 2 miles east on Potranco, there are lots of new businesses going up at Potranco and Loop 1604W (and vicinity). There are no plans to widen Potranco to 5 lanes until 2010 at the earliest. As for a new high school, Northside ISD plans to build one on Grosenbacher near Wiseman although Grosenbacher currently ends at Military Drive West in Westcreek.

San Antonio (http://www.newmarkhomes.com/tousa/Content.do?pageID=9 - broken link)

Old 10-02-2007, 08:29 PM

168 posts, read 432,648 times
Here is a Windows Live link for the new Bella Vista subdivision and its location on Potranco. If you select the Bird's Eye View, you can see the initial stages of infrastructure development. They have a community pool, etc. It's a really unique location in far west Bexar County. If you were here or more familiar with the area, you would be able to appreciate what I am pointing out.

Live Local Search

I previously posted the Bella Vista website link in the other thread you started. Here is the thread for the Northside School District also:

Northside Independent School District - San Antonio, TX 78238

If you leave Bella Vista and take State Hwy 211 south about a half mile away, there is not one RED LIGHT intersection all of the way to the Wilford Hall exit or to the freeway exit of BAMC. (There is one lone flashing yellow light intersection[at Potranco & Hwy 211] that will eventually convert to red when traffic increases to a certain level)

Think about it: Not one red light all of the way to work.

As for developers, don't exclude Whitestone. They can build a solid home but sometimes they are too enamored over their own product.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:42 PM

168 posts, read 432,648 times
Default Grosenbacher

Grosenbacher actually ends at Highway 90 on the south end. If you look at the attached map link, you can envision the plan to extend Grosenbacher north to Culebra providing a medium traffic relief artery for the planned mall in the Culebra & 151 area.

In ten years, I can easily envision an endless ocean of rooftops from Potranco to Culebra which is pretty much what the 281-1604-Stone Oak area looks like right now. The only difference today is that the lots are a lot smaller so there will be more rooftops per square mile.

Live Local Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
....Northside ISD plans to build one on Grosenbacher near Wiseman although Grosenbacher currently ends at Military Drive West in Westcreek.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:43 AM

1,241 posts, read 3,893,338 times
Apologies, for some reason, I thought Newmark moved/closed out. I know someone pulled out or it’s possible that they moved the model. One model on the corner is closed out already and set up to sell. At one point, Highlands was offering no payments for 6 months on their spec homes and the prices were dropped a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio