Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,798 times

Advertisements

Two years ago I moved to San Antonio after living in Houston for over 30 years. I have not looked back since. Houston is a great city full of diversity and has lots to offer in terms of business, the arts, and ect. It rightfully should being that it is one of the largest metropolitan cities in the U.S. You will find a larger array of builders to build you a fabulous home for $1M. However no matter where you build in Houston you will always have to deal with the horrible weather and lenghthy travel times to common places compliled with terrible traffic (if you opt to live in the suburbs you will still have to travel in town to attend sporting and art events in downtown). Outside of the family oriented charm of San Antonio and the developing business scene the one thing that I belive that is invaluable is the weather and the beautiful terrain of the hill country. I have a modest home on the northeast side inside of the 1604 loop and the view is spectacular. There is a serenity that I never experienced in Houston. I've been to all of the so-called "nicer" parts of Houston from River Oaks all the way to the Woodlands and even though the areas are indeed nice and even ultra luxurious, at the end of the day you are on flat terrain looking at the neighbor's home. I enjoy being able to look past just another house and enjoy sunrises and sunsets with out sweating to death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 10:21 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,180,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Greed View Post
Yes that is it. I had tried to BCAD it but it only had a business name as the owner. Wow, so no one has lived in it? It's been there a while. almost 3 mil is quite a bit of mula.

EDIT: that picture doesn't give it justice. I would prefer it but not in such an area close to the street also. More like at the top of a hill overlooking a lake.
It says the owner is Gary and Vivian Barnes.
Sorry, didn't mean to change the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio