U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 01:11 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,003,942 times

Advertisements

I wish they'd expand streets that actually need expansions. 410/zarzamora looks very nice with its 4 lanes, but it's always deserted. What they really did was provide street racers with an ample track.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2012, 01:19 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,089,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
I wish they'd expand streets that actually need expansions. 410/zarzamora looks very nice with its 4 lanes, but it's always deserted. What they really did was provide street racers with an ample track.
Yep, Babcock outside of 1604 is another one I always wonder about. It was completely redone a few years back from Kyle Seale out to Scenic Loop Road, and there's rarely much traffic on it.

Some roads need renewing more than others, but I guess it's the ones that have the biggest "advocates" that are the priority!

Old 08-18-2012, 02:16 PM

6,129 posts, read 8,580,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newk View Post
You posted in our thread for this topic:

De Zavala/I-10 area Road Construction Traffic

September 2010. So there you go. But I had heard that not until the end of this summer would it be finished. I am glad they finished early. But, next thing we have to deal with them is them changing the De Zavala Entrance/Exit Ramp. It is just horribly designed.

Ashbeeigh, are you exiting at De Zavala now to get to Tanglewood, or are you still exiting at Huebner? Now the frontage road approaching Huebner Road is a mess because they closed the entrance ramp between Huebner Road and Wurzbach.
Oh no. I drive down to De Zavala now. I took the access road home from the Egg and I last Saturday in the middle of construction. Not for a long time I will I exit Huebner.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:45 PM

302 posts, read 555,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Be careful of what you wish for, opening up Hausman to four lanes is going to make it a major thoroughfare from IH-10 to 1604. That means a significant increase in traffic flow, I don't know if the folks that live along that road are going to like the noise and other aspects of so many vehicles driving up and down that road at all hours of the day...
That "significant increase in traffic flow" you mention is going to be a welcome improvement in my Hausman road resident opinion. You see, it's already seeing use as a major thoroughfare, there is no flow at peak hours, it's gridlock. The noise and other aspects of so many vehicles using Hausman is already here. We can attribute that to the recent years of urban sprawl that has given us multiple mass housing neighborhoods, apartments and townhomes, stores, bars, Brandeis High School, and soon, UTSA's sports complex.

We've seen this in the 90's with Wurzbach, the '00s with DeZavala, Now it's Hausman. The growing pains have spread far to the former suburbs.

The new road should help considerably in allowing vehicular commuters to get where they need to be plus integrate pedestrian and bicycle options that do not exist at all at this time. Local residents and students will have a safer and more environmentally and health friendly option for walking or riding between the Leon Creek Greenbelt, John Igo Library, Bonnie Conner Park, Brandeis High School, UTSA sports complex, and stores or eateries.

Absolutely, given my wish I'd love to roll it back to Hausman Road, circa 1990's. When the only commuters were the residents. When I had a western horizon to watch the sunset. When I would watch the cows graze on the adjacent ranch. When I could see so many stars from my yard. When the only hellraisers in the night were the coyotes. Sadly, those days are gone.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:15 AM

993 posts, read 2,186,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattle axis View Post
Absolutely, given my wish I'd love to roll it back to Hausman Road, circa 1990's. When the only commuters were the residents. When I had a western horizon to watch the sunset. When I would watch the cows graze on the adjacent ranch. When I could see so many stars from my yard. When the only hellraisers in the night were the coyotes. Sadly, those days are gone.
I cry for you. I moved to this side of town in 2010, and was not born or raised here.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:17 AM

6,129 posts, read 8,580,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattle axis View Post

Yes. And when you had to drive to Wurzbach to get anything close to groceries.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:58 AM

302 posts, read 555,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Yes. And when you had to drive to Wurzbach to get anything close to groceries.
Yep, that's right!
The only commercial entities on Hausman were the Southwestern Bell (now SBC) substation and the Diamond Shamrock (now Valero).
Albertson's and HEB on Wurzbach were the go-to places for groceries, Western Auto on NW Military was the closest auto parts, and for senior lunch (Clark) it was a blast down the old 2 lane IH-10 to Wurzbach for Mr. Gatti's or Sombrero Rosa. Good times!

Old 08-20-2012, 09:14 PM

246 posts, read 617,362 times
Thanks everyone for your input, I did read in the paper the other day about Hausman Rd being part of the bond package that was passed. I've always been amazed that there aren't even any sidewalks on this side of Hausman, save for a little piece in front of the two subdivisions, then it just disappears. My parents were down here visiting last week from Denver and kept on commenting on how horrible the traffic looked on Hausman going east. Fortunately I work from home and my daughter's school is across Hausman in the next subdivision, so I don't really have to deal with it that much. But I sure feel for everyone that does!!

Old 08-06-2013, 10:46 AM

291 posts, read 535,374 times
Does anyone have an update on Hausman road construction? thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio