Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 04:03 PM

245 posts, read 695,926 times

Advertisements

Question:

Does anyone know if and when they are going to repave Hausman Road, in between Babcock and Loop 1604? I've lived next to this road since 2006 and it really looks like a road from a 3rd world country. Paint is fading, bumpy, etc. Also traffic can really get backed up heading east towards Babcock, because it is only two lanes. I sometimes wonder if the city has absolutely no clue as to the traffic and road nightmare there, even though they did repave Hausman Road east of Babcock all the way to I-10.

I'm suspecting (and hoping) they will fix and widen Hausman BEFORE they open up the new UTSA sports complex there, which supposedly will happen next summer. This section of road is the worst I've seen on this side of town, and I have to drive on it every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 05:26 PM

204 posts, read 336,085 times
Pretty sure improvements for Hausman Road were included in the bond package that was just passed.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:58 PM

894 posts, read 1,545,719 times
They were and contracting activity to begin design of the improvements is underway.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:08 AM

302 posts, read 1,155,374 times
Hausman road is in the preliminary stages of being completely redone, from 1604 to IH-10. It will be 4 lanes the entire distance with a center drainage median and pedestrian/bicycle traffic considerations. (sidewalks west of Babcock, hike and bike trail that will connect to the Leon Creek Greenbelt east of Babcock) The project will not be coordinated/completed to accomodate early stage construction of the UTSA sports complex. The situation will get worse before it gets better, as road construction coupled with existing traffic and UTSA construction is going to be hell on those of us using the road daily. The 4 lane bridge over Leon Creek is to be replaced entirely. As I understand, there are structural issues that will not accomodate the new construction plans.
Rasero, I've lived off Hausman since 1996 and have been using Hausman for daily commutes since the early 90's... I share your dismay in the situation buddy. Hang in there. By somtime in 2014, we should have a very nice road to commute on.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:20 AM

993 posts, read 2,490,143 times
De Zavala Road between IH-10 and Babcock seemed to take forever to complete, but dammit, I love it now. Nice and wide open. The test though will be when all schools are in session. We'll see what the afternoon commute is like then.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:03 PM

604 posts, read 1,871,077 times
DeZavala is done?!?!?!?! XD

Old 08-18-2012, 09:01 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newk View Post
De Zavala Road between IH-10 and Babcock seemed to take forever to complete, but dammit, I love it now. Nice and wide open. The test though will be when all schools are in session. We'll see what the afternoon commute is like then.
Didn't it only take a little over a year? It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I agree, though, that Hausman needs to be fixed up. Coming back from far west SA during rush hour was horrible twice a month for one job. I don't know what it would be like if i had to sit in that traffic every night.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:42 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSA_wxatUIW View Post
DeZavala is done?!?!?!?! XD
Yep, drove down it two days ago, it's a doddle!

Old 08-18-2012, 09:44 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattle axis View Post
Rasero, I've lived off Hausman since 1996 and have been using Hausman for daily commutes since the early 90's... I share your dismay in the situation buddy. Hang in there. By somtime in 2014, we should have a very nice road to commute on.
Be careful of what you wish for, opening up Hausman to four lanes is going to make it a major thoroughfare from IH-10 to 1604. That means a significant increase in traffic flow, I don't know if the folks that live along that road are going to like the noise and other aspects of so many vehicles driving up and down that road at all hours of the day...

Old 08-18-2012, 12:42 PM

993 posts, read 2,490,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Didn't it only take a little over a year?
You posted in our thread for this topic:

De Zavala/I-10 area Road Construction Traffic

September 2010. So there you go. But I had heard that not until the end of this summer would it be finished. I am glad they finished early. But, next thing we have to deal with them is them changing the De Zavala Entrance/Exit Ramp. It is just horribly designed.

Ashbeeigh, are you exiting at De Zavala now to get to Tanglewood, or are you still exiting at Huebner? Now the frontage road approaching Huebner Road is a mess because they closed the entrance ramp between Huebner Road and Wurzbach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio