U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you interesting in bringing an IN and OUT Burger franchise to San Antonio?
Yes.....I love In and Out.....count me in! 94 52.22%
Yes.....I haven't tried one, but I'm open for anything new! 27 15.00%
No.....I'm not interested. 32 17.78%
I don't care either way. 26 14.44%
Maybe....I want to know what's involved. 1 0.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 05:22 PM

2,161 posts, read 3,981,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I would just as soon they don't come here. I look forward to going places that have unique stores, restaurants, etc. and if they're everywhere, then they're not so special. Just like Trader Joe's--yes, it would be great to have one, but then going to CA (for me) becomes just that much less "special". And you chain-haters? Jeez.....why would you want this to happen????

It's silly that people that eat at chains get bashed for it, yet people are clamoring for a "chain" to come here, so when it does finally come we'll get bashed for eating there??? Is that the thrill? One more way to bash on people?

City-Data is full of strange things.
The fact that that store has already expanded across the country makes a sort of "Why not come here?" situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 05:33 PM

14,614 posts, read 31,157,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
The fact that that store has already expanded across the country makes a sort of "Why not come here?" situation.
And on the flip side "Why does it have to come here?"....the more In and Outs, 5 Guys, Smash Burgers we have, the quicker the demise of places like Bobby J's and Chris Madrid's. Maybe not today, but for every burger those chains sell, it's one less the little guy sells.

I guess you may be talking about Trader Joe's......same thing. There was just a new "neighborhood"-type market with lots of organic offerings, healthy choices, etc. up in Stone Oak...I would rather see them prosper here and expand than bring in Trader Joe's. Or better yet, have some mom-and-pop place open up (which will never happen because HEB is too firmly entrenched, but a girl can dream) and grow their business from scratch. There just isn't a lot of money in "groceries" and they'd have to find something else to keep the doors open and the light bill paid.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:55 PM

2,161 posts, read 3,981,209 times
I'm actually just talking about Trader's Joe. I say why not come here because they are already in many other states besides California that are even farther away than Texas. I don't really care if they do, but why not? Give you more options and they're already a chain. I wouldn't mind if there were different local stores to pop up around here, but it doesn't hurt to have selection. That would be perfect if there were more local owned grocery stores though.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,816 posts, read 33,147,671 times
I understand that there are many other businesses folks would like to see open a location in San Antonio, but let's stick to discussing In-n-Out Burger in this thread, please. A search of this forum will reveal at least one other thread in which the potential of Trader Joe's coming to SA is the topic.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:18 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,182,080 times
Yes Ive eaten at them in California

Dee-lish

Old 12-07-2009, 11:48 AM

2,651 posts, read 6,509,667 times
According to DMagazine here...Dallas Food and Wine Blog, Restaurant News, Foodie News, Dallas Chefs, Wine and Spirits SideDish Blog D Magazine Blog Archive For Now, In-N-Out Burger is Staying Out of Dallas IN N OUT isn't coming to Dallas anytime soon.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:22 AM

26 posts, read 66,623 times
I know Californians are trying to take over Texas, but the last thing we need is another corporate burger stand. I vote for more mom and pop burger joints. Vote no to Californication!

Old 12-08-2009, 09:43 AM

98 posts, read 101,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj04 View Post
I know Californians are trying to take over Texas, but the last thing we need is another corporate burger stand. I vote for more mom and pop burger joints. Vote no to Californication!
I agree! Keep Texas Texan! If you want In n Out, take a trip!

Old 12-08-2009, 01:54 PM

10,863 posts, read 11,915,816 times
Not going to happen. End of story.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:39 PM

54 posts, read 131,573 times
I ate at one in Pomona.....that was one awesome burger!!! And the fries were really good too!! I would never give up any local places like Burger Boy though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or