U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you interesting in bringing an IN and OUT Burger franchise to San Antonio?
Yes.....I love In and Out.....count me in! 94 52.22%
Yes.....I haven't tried one, but I'm open for anything new! 27 15.00%
No.....I'm not interested. 32 17.78%
I don't care either way. 26 14.44%
Maybe....I want to know what's involved. 1 0.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 04:46 PM

4,796 posts, read 13,711,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleSG View Post
Yeah, then we have to lean on corporate, or even better find out why they don't want to move in to Texas and help them remedy the problem.
Good thinking Michelle!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Rockin' The TriCities

n/a posts
Another chain? Ugh.

Buy local.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:56 PM

2,651 posts, read 6,505,752 times
In N Out will not move to Texas because they require their beef to be fresh, not frozen. They can't go further than AZ with out freezing. I'm with Rockin' thought, go to EZ'S and support something local!

Old 10-08-2007, 06:18 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,140,476 times
I'm all for an In n Out coming, but if we're talking about supporting locals, try Lone Star Grill on Tezel and Guilbeau! Friendly, friendly people and great burgers and onion rings!

Does anyone think maybe the severe loyalty to Whataburger has anything at all to do with In n Out's decision not to come here? I'm just askin'...........

Old 10-08-2007, 06:27 PM

14,874 posts, read 37,168,977 times
About 2 1/2 years ago while working a booth we had at the Southwest Food Expo here in Dallas (it goes back and forth between Dallas and Houston every year) someone from In-n-Out was there visiting. We had the chance to talk to him when he stopped at our booth and inquired about them opening up in Texas. Of course I was begging for the Dallas area . We have been to them even though we are Native Texans . The gentleman then told us, "No. No plans for the Dallas area. IF we do come to Texas it will be in the Houston area". URGH!!!!!! Since this was over 2 years ago I'm going to assume that even Houston got nixed.

The excuse of getting "fresh beef" not possible in Texas I don't buy. I think they are just keeping it small and closer at hand than what Texas would be. I sure can't see them going into San Antonio or Austin though, sorry guys, no offense. My main reasoning for that is how hard it is to get a direct flight into SA or Austin from many areas. Dallas and Houston do have the advantage in that arena. But hey, this guy WAS at the Food Expo here IN Dallas, TEXAS so maybe it has gotten them interested. Just needs a little prodding. At least if they do open in Dallas or Houston ya'll down there in SA or Austin could easily make a weekend trip to get your fix

Old 10-08-2007, 06:43 PM

4,796 posts, read 13,711,684 times
OK.....I'm all for supporting local businesses. I'll agree on that point.

BUT....don't we have BEEF in Texas??? Duh... Last time I checked we have plenty. What is wrong with contracts with LOCAL suppliers??? That's good for local and regional business. So I don't buy that argument.

I do have to admit, that another "burger" joint is one of the last things SA needs, ok..2nd to last to another Mexican restaurant. But a little competition is good for everybody! I would love to be the first SOMETHING in Texas.....Dallas and Houston and even Austin don't deserve it!

Who knows.....In and Out Burgers NOW.....who knows, we might get something Urban and Hip next!

Momof2.....neat story about the Expo in Dallas.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:27 PM

545 posts, read 2,086,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I'm all for an In n Out coming, but if we're talking about supporting locals, try Lone Star Grill on Tezel and Guilbeau! Friendly, friendly people and great burgers and onion rings!

Does anyone think maybe the severe loyalty to Whataburger has anything at all to do with In n Out's decision not to come here? I'm just askin'...........
I totally agree...my family just tried that place on Sunday it was really good. We decided it might become our regular Sunday lunch place.

SA doesn't have any shortage of burger joints...let's support those.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:41 PM

454 posts, read 370,554 times
No but not for the reasons you put.

Having grown up a hop skip and jump (less than one mile) from the ORIGINAL In N Out, I'm a bit of a purist. Though I've missed In N Out since I left SoCal in 92 (went to college at UCSB and the furthest north was Camarillo - we used to take road trips there to get our fix), there's something about it that makes it special because it's not so mainstream. I used to like that it was a 'local' place. It's not McDonald's.

It's an excellent company overall, but I wonder how much the ethic of the original owners carries over to the McDonald-ification of it.... Let's keep it in CA, it gives me something to get excited about when I go there.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:49 PM

454 posts, read 370,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolmcb View Post
"In-N-Out remains privately owned and the Snyder family has no plans to take the company public or franchise any units." From their website IN-N-OUT Burger under the history section at the very bottom of the page.

Thanks for that link...if that picture is correct, they've rebuilt the original in Baldwin Park . There was something special about that place.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:57 PM

2,651 posts, read 6,505,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
OK.....I'm all for supporting local businesses. I'll agree on that point.

BUT....don't we have BEEF in Texas??? Duh... Last time I checked we have plenty. What is wrong with contracts with LOCAL suppliers??? That's good for local and regional business. So I don't buy that argument.
If you read the part about "freshness" on the In N Out, they make it VERY clear that every thing they use is theirs. They have their own production facility, their own trucks, their own butchers. Every thing they mentions says it's their own. So they don't do local contracts. Keep things that are Californian in California. If you want a burger, go to fudruckers, the original is off Tesoro Dr, go to chris madrids, go to Billy T's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or