U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 02:00 PM

18 posts, read 129,546 times

Advertisements

Made a visit to the House of Pizza today and was not satisfied at all.
The service was horrible, i had to get up to ask for menus.
The food was ok, i had the orange chicken but my wife got a bad vibe from the place.
I thought it would have been a better visit. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Maybe once they improve the service it might be a little better than.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 05:12 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,138,127 times
If you are talking about the one at Tezel and Timber Path, I must agree. Their service leaves a bad taste in my mouth, although the food doesn't. It's actually decent pizza and Chinese food, but I swear they overcharge at the register and they are not the friendliest people. Sometimes it feels like they are doing me a favor by ringing me up, which is why we very seldom eat there. I don't think talking to the owner/manager will help, either, because they seem to be the prime offenders. Go figure?

Old 10-08-2007, 05:41 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,289,640 times
how odd, it has pizza and chinese food? I don't think I've ever heard of a place doing that and it sounds pretty disgusting.. although I love pizza and chinese is good on its own..

thanks for the heads up on this place and I'll definitely put it on my list of places to not be curious about..

Old 10-08-2007, 05:56 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,138,127 times
lol rd, they even have burgers. And really, the food's decent! I've never had a burger there, but the Chinese is tasty--huge portions, too--and the pizza is not too shabby. They just need to work on the friendliness!

Old 10-08-2007, 10:01 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,727,638 times
I used to work there PT back in my military days - if I were you I'd eat elsewhere. The owners are hard workers, and have always been very nice, but they have a hard time keeping employees of any quality. I left due to frustration with the entire situation.

They were originally just a pizza joint, and added the chinese, etc, a few years ago. There used to also be a second location in the NW Military area that closed down.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I haven't eaten there in 7+ years. BUT, that's not gonna change either.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:57 AM

470 posts, read 1,789,689 times
I know the owner well and enjoy the occassional meal there, but I don't go as often as I used to. You guys are right, the service isn't so great... unless the servers see the owner greet us on a personal level. This shouldn't be the case as everyone should be treated the same. My biggest gripe is the timing. A few times, I waited over 10 minutes for my pizza to be served, while my wife ate her Chinese. They should time it better so that "parties" get their food at the same time.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:52 AM

80 posts, read 358,169 times
Wow.
Something about a place that sells Pizza and Chinese scares me just a little.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:54 PM

330 posts, read 1,234,196 times
We've gotten delivery from them a few times (including last night... this thread made me think of them), and that's always been good. It's definitely a little odd that they answer the phone as "House of Pizza" and we're getting sweet and sour chicken, but 40 minutes later, like Sapphire said, somebody arrives with big portions of tasty Chinese food.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:36 AM

49 posts, read 72,153 times
WE used to love this place but something sure has changed. We liked to go on Tuesday as they have a DJ & Karaoke which makes for a fun time. The last two visits the pizza buffet has not been good at all. Last night they didn't keep the pizza coming out and people were getting disgusted. I know the family is very hard working but did not see the owners there. Service has always been good for us but they need to get back on the ball or we won't be returning.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:04 AM

10,406 posts, read 12,667,603 times
I used to order their pizza when I lived in the Medical Center. It was great. Unlike any other in town.

When I ordered it, it was like the old Carmen's, which has been overtaken by the NY pizza style Carmelito's on West Ave near the railroad tracks, which is good but different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or