Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 07:02 PM

260 posts, read 1,144,706 times

Advertisements

Maybe, maybe not. They're tight-lipped about it. I emailed Costco regarding whether a new warehouse was planned for S.A. The following was their response [emphasis added below]:

Thank you for your email to Costco Wholesale.

Currently we do not have any public information regarding plans to open a Costco in your area.

Our real estate department is continually looking for ideas for new locations around the country and around the world.
We will forward your suggestion to our Real Estate Department so they are aware of your interest.

Thank you,

Christopher
Costco Wholesale Corporation
memberservice@costco.com
memberservice@costco.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 07:10 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
OK...everyone in the Potranco/Culebra/1604 side of the world lets BOMBARD this guy with requests for a COSTCO in our little side of the solar system!!!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 08:47 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
OK...everyone in the Potranco/Culebra/1604 side of the world lets BOMBARD this guy with requests for a COSTCO in our little side of the solar system!!!!!
It would be great having a Costco in our area. At work, we celebrate birthday's once a month with a potluck luncheon. The management provides the cake from Costco. Usually a chocolate cake with cream cheese filling and chocolate frosting. It doesn't get better than that! Last month they forgot to get the cake...lots of complaints!

Old 10-08-2007, 09:21 PM

288 posts, read 919,084 times
I have a close relative who's going to work for them soon at a new location in the I-35/1604 area.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:24 PM

874 posts, read 2,892,917 times
Maybe they are focusing on the one in Selma right now. Opening date is October 17.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:29 PM

181 posts, read 674,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
It would be great having a Costco in our area. At work, we celebrate birthday's once a month with a potluck luncheon. The management provides the cake from Costco. Usually a chocolate cake with cream cheese filling and chocolate frosting. It doesn't get better than that! Last month they forgot to get the cake...lots of complaints!
Costco has the best cakes! We also celebrate birthdays once a month at work. We get the same chocolate cake with cream cheese filling. We also get the carrot cake which is sooo good! We always look forward to the end of the month.

I have a question about the coffee at Costco. The Costco at I-10 and DeZavala roasts their own coffee. They have a huge roaster towards the back of the store. Has anyone had the coffee from this location?

Old 10-09-2007, 06:14 AM

154 posts, read 630,817 times
It's Seattle's Best coffee, and it's pretty good, especially for the price. Not as good as the really expensive stuff, but better than your average grocery store coffee like Maxwell House, etc. Hubby likes the Sumatra, I like the mountain blend (I think that's the name) better, but then he likes a darker roast. Haven't tried the Costa Rican yet.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:07 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Man, in Hawaii Costco carried a TO DIE FOR cake called a "Chocolate Rasberry Hazelnut Torte"....it would be MY request for MY birthday EVERY year. I was STOKED when I heard COSTCO was coming here, and so excited to have one again....but they don't make it here. Darn!!!!!! If you ever get the chance...do try one. They are beyond good!!!!

Old 10-09-2007, 10:51 PM

29 posts, read 96,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAlli View Post
Costco has the best cakes! We also celebrate birthdays once a month at work. We get the same chocolate cake with cream cheese filling. We also get the carrot cake which is sooo good! We always look forward to the end of the month.

I have a question about the coffee at Costco. The Costco at I-10 and DeZavala roasts their own coffee. They have a huge roaster towards the back of the store. Has anyone had the coffee from this location?
We buy the Dark Roast Costa Rican. Would put it up against any other bean available even SB. Price is great and it makes the car smell so good when you drive home...<G>

Old 10-10-2007, 02:20 PM

154 posts, read 630,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Stout View Post
We buy the Dark Roast Costa Rican. Would put it up against any other bean available even SB. Price is great and it makes the car smell so good when you drive home...<G>
I'll have to tell hubby - he really likes the dark roasts. Must be the Italian in him. Me, I'm a wimp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio