Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 01:55 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,404,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
That's not entirely true. Many cats, even "outside cats" can live wonderful happy lives inside. The cat owner just doesn't have the consideration for his neighbors, nor wants to put forth the effort to keep it indoors.
Next you're going to tell me that because dogs have claws and teeth their supposed to be outside wandering the neighborhood too.
Thank you for validating my statement about humans being ignorant about cats.

Dogs are not natural born hunters as cats are. Dogs have completely different behaviors then cats.

Also a cat that is accustomed to being outside will not be happy if forced to live inside.

You can condition a cat from birth to live inside or a wounded or traumatized cat that fears the outside but other than that most cats prefer their natural setting which is outside. No where did I say a cat who was conditioned to live inside could not be happy.

Cat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 02:48 PM

6,691 posts, read 8,707,316 times
There are quite a few cat owners that do not have any consideration for their neighbors, otherwise they would find a way to keep their own cats off any property that does not belong to them.

Some people who love cats just can't see past this however and feel we have to deal with their cat's poop, destroyed flowerbeds, and dead birds in the yard simply because they are natural predators.

It is not being ignorant. It is being tired of destructive animals brought on by inconsiderate owners.

I don't own any outdoor pets and choose not to because I don't want to deal with a messy yard. I would hope my neighbors would be considerate of that and keep their damn animals in their own yard.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:03 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
There are quite a few cat owners that do not have any consideration for their neighbors, otherwise they would find a way to keep their own cats off any property that does not belong to them.

Some people who love cats just can't see past this however and feel we have to deal with their cat's poop, destroyed flowerbeds, and dead birds in the yard simply because they are natural predators.

It is not being ignorant. It is being tired of destructive animals brought on by inconsiderate owners.

I don't own any outdoor pets and choose not to because I don't want to deal with a messy yard. I would hope my neighbors would be considerate of that and keep their damn animals in their own yard.
OK now we are talking about 2 different things. First of all many people are ignorant about cats.

Secondly I have never had a cat destroy my flower bed or hang around my property unless I encouraged it to. There are humane ways to deal with cats, coons, squirrels, and whatever other mammal that you don't care for.

To claim that cat owners are inconsiderate is just ridiculous. How do you know that it was a cat doing the damage? How do you know it is cat poop? Cats just don't crap in the open like dogs and coons. They cover up their crap. I have never found cat crap in my yard but certainly coon crap.

Most cats just don't go out and destroy flower gardens...never seen this in my lifetime.

Coons and squirrels on the other hand are notorious for this. Coons will also try and make a latrine in your yard. There are ways to keep them out but the squirrel is the most difficult one to keep out and they are mighty destructive on gardens as is the coon.

But just keep in the dark and blame it on the cat and it's owner

Old 11-12-2012, 03:21 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,788,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Cats are nature loving prowlers. They are not meant to be inside permanently. They would not have natural hunter abilities, sharp teeth and nails if they were meant to be inside creatures. People are ignorant about cats. I found a cat when I lived in Houston and had him for 25 years. He had a pet door and came and went as he pleased. I lived close to the Bayou and that was his playground. He loved my garden and really loved being outside just basking in the sunshine. At night he loved to go to the Bayou and prowl around. He was a great animal!

Cats are very different from each other. Some are smart some dumb. Some are crazy and some are sweet. But IMO most cats are cool Meow

However when you run across a neurotic cat...you can bet it was kept by a cat ignorant human.
I don't give a rat's patootie about a cat's natural inclinations. When they are in my yard destroying my groundcovers and beds, they are fair game for however I choose to deal with them. So not all of us are cat lovers like you--deal with it.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:30 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,299,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I don't give a rat's patootie about a cat's natural inclinations. When they are in my yard destroying my groundcovers and beds, they are fair game for however I choose to deal with them. So not all of us are cat lovers like you--deal with it.
Have you ever seen a cat destroying you flower bed?

Old 11-12-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
I am not just a cat lover but a lover of all creatures.

Humans are the worst creatures on this planet. There are some good ones but there are so many horrible ones. It sucks to have to have to deal with them.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Have you ever seen a cat destroying you flower bed?
Digging in it to do its business? Yep. That's why I no longer have front flowerbeds. I've also seen them dig around my garden plants when I had a small plot in the front outside the fence.

Also saw a number of them on different days escaping from my backyard 6ft fenced garden after they had torn up the groundcover to get to the freshly turned dirt underneath.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
I am not just a cat lover but a lover of all creatures.

Humans are the worst creatures on this planet. There are some good ones but there are so many horrible ones. It sucks to have to have to deal with them.
Yes, it does suck to have to deal with people who are inconsiderate of their neighbors, and just don't giveadamn.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Yes, it does suck to have to deal with people who are inconsiderate of their neighbors, and just don't giveadamn.
Angry assuming humans really suck!

Old 11-12-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Digging in it to do its business? Yep. That's why I no longer have front flowerbeds. I've also seen them dig around my garden plants when I had a small plot in the front outside the fence.

Also saw a number of them on different days escaping from my backyard 6ft fenced garden after they had torn up the groundcover to get to the freshly turned dirt underneath.
Maybe they were conspiring to run you off!

They can sense danger a mile away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio