Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 04:52 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
No hatred here, you're the one that keeps implying I'm ignorant.
Moderator cut: see comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
As far as you know they love you. They may be irritated at your cat and not want to cause a conflict. If you're feeding the "natural born hunter" it's your cat.
Actually at least 5 people are feeding it. I guess you could say its neighborly love Glad I have never lived in a place where people had such hatred and assumptions about cats and their owners.

Only 2 get a little wound up if I feed the baby coons until they are weaned from their mother.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-18-2012 at 01:42 AM.. Reason: enough of the arguing - move on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 12:21 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,939 times
OK, last time I'm falling for the bait. Just have to prove one last point.
PAWS - The Effects of Feeding Wildlife
If they're really wild as you say, you shouldn't be feeding them.
Moderator cut: see comment As I said before, I've done a lot of research (reading and talking to friends that have cats) and letting cats outside is generally considered bad for them.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-18-2012 at 01:43 AM.. Reason: enough of the arguing - move on

Old 11-17-2012, 07:33 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
I've been reading this thread for awhile and find it amusing how many different ways a person can defend not being responsible. Bottom line is, cats and kids, keep them in your own yard and take care of them or don't have them.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:16 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,682,087 times
well...here ya go.

Dogs escape from their yards and poop on other neighbors' yards. Cats do the same. Just deal.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:18 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,682,087 times
And it doesn't bother me. a little poop doesn't hurt. really. lol.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:23 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,292,219 times
There's a thread about cats?? I'm confused....I'm confused because who cares?!?

Old 09-20-2013, 04:40 PM

1 posts, read 522 times
San Antonio's animal codes endorse the humane control of outdoor cats using the only method that works - Trap, Neuter, Return (TNR). The number of outdoor cats on our streets stems originally from human irresponsibility. Cats are abandoned or allowed outside unsterilized and inevitably the result is more kittens that then go on to breed more. Responsible, caring community residents are stepping up to get control of the numbers in their own neighborhoods even if the cats were not theirs in the first place. Whether we like cats or not, we want the numbers on our streets reduced but, thankfully, most of us do not want to resort to cruel practices. Complaining is not going to solve the problem. The old methods (killing or removing) that have been used for more than 40 years in an attempt to control the numbers, have not worked. There are good, solid reasons why those old methods have not worked and will continue to fail. It is time for a paradigm shift to address the reality of the situation and embrace the humane method that DOES work - that is TNR! It has been successful in numerous other countries and in many places in the Unites States. It takes community to work together. TNR has been proven to work, but it takes some effort. Find out more by attending a free information session run by the San Antonio Feral Cat Coalition (SAFCC). Go to this link and select a date and venue that suits you. [URL]http://sanantonioferalcats.org/media/2012/10/TNR-Class-Jul-Dec-2013.pdf[/URL] If you are feeding outdoor cats... bless you for your care and concern but you must take the next step and implement TNR to stop the numbers increasing. It's the responsible thing to do. If you are not feeding outdoor cats and are not interested in the community effort to solve the problem of over-population, at least print out the information at the link above and let others know about the program. SAFCC is a non-profit organization powered by volunteers and we are here to help and support you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio